Monarchs Talk Weds July 12th 7-9pm

KHTK 1140

Talk about the allstar game or what's coming up in the mad dash of the 2nd half of the season.

In Towners: 916-339-1140

Out of Towners: 800-920-1140 (wouldn't it be cool if the fans headed to the allstar game could call in and give their reports?)

They seemed to have little trouble filling the airtime with all their guests tonight: Maiga Ba, the LA and Houston broadcasters, and the Arena Talks. Did they take any calls at all?

Really? I'm in SoCal right now and had something to attend tonight so I didn't get a chance to call.

The only time I know they don't take calls is if they have guests stacked up heading into their final half hour and definitely in their final 15 minutes. Usually they'll take any callers they get whenever they get them.

I can understand why they chatted with Hou and LA folks, at least I hope I do...did they get updates on Tina Thompson's injury status and updates on Christi Thomas' injury and whether or not Lisa Leslie is going to get suspended for her contact w/Brian Enterline?

Mostly they talked with the other radio chat people who had lived through new arenas and how good it was for their city and team. I think they did take 2 calls...

They did discuss Tina Thompson's injury, some kind of severe calf injuruy, they anticipate keeping her out another 4 weeks. Can't say how long for Thomas. I do remember hearing one of the announcers dog out Swoops though, for not playing up to her abilities and it kind of surprised me (I thought he was the Houston announcer, but maybe it was LA's guy).

I don't recall hearing discussion about a potential Leslie suspension, where'd you hear that?

The first hour had a chit-chat with Maiga Ba, and then quite a lot of air time was taken up (and there was one caller) discussing the new arena negotiations in Vegas.

The Houston & LA announcers came in the last half hour, and there were no other callers.

I haven't heard anything about Leslie other than speculation re: whether or not the league would have to take some sort of disciplinary action because she touched a ref.