Monarchs game tonight on NBA-TV

The Tallac Lounge at 60th and 14th Ave will broadcast the game if enough people request it...for those of you that don't want to travel beyond the Sacramento City
limits. Call them at 455-2139

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
luvinyo said:
The Tallac Lounge at 60th and 14th Ave will broadcast the game if enough people request it...for those of you that don't want to travel beyond the Sacramento City
limits. Call them at 455-2139
Thanks for the info, even though it is a little late for tonight's game for me. Any idea whether they carry the Fox stations....particularly the Minnesota area one? If so, it would be worth checking out for Saturday nights game.

Tallac Lounge

The Tallac Lounge at 60th Street and 14th Ave (in the heart of Tahoe Park)
Has gotten enough calls (thanks friends and neighbors) that they have agreed to have the game on tonight. More calls will increase interest even if you don't/can't go tonight. It could be a place where we could make an impact on their business and give us a place close to home for many of us living near there.
I'll ask them if they will have the Minnesota game on Saturday.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
luvinyo said:
The Tallac Lounge at 60th Street and 14th Ave (in the heart of Tahoe Park)
Has gotten enough calls (thanks friends and neighbors) that they have agreed to have the game on tonight. More calls will increase interest even if you don't/can't go tonight. It could be a place where we could make an impact on their business and give us a place close to home for many of us living near there.
I'll ask them if they will have the Minnesota game on Saturday.
Thanks, I just called for you for tonight and explained that Saturday nights game was on the Fox station out of Minneapolis. They said they might be able to carry that one also.

So, everyone stay tuned for the Minnesota game as well.

p.s. I am on my way out to Rancho for the game at Players. Hope to see some of you there!!! :D

Tallac Lounge

Thanks for the phone call. They must be scratching their heads about now. Wait til' they see what kind of fans we are. The place will never be the same
......and that is a very good thing!
GO MONARCHS!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
FYI - I understand that Saturday's game that is on Minnesota's Fox Sports channel will probably be blacked out even if you find someone who has the Fox stations. Bummer!

StevenHW said:
Part of NWFan's post:

By the way, that reminds me: is Adia still playing basketball? Or did she retire from playing? If so, what is she doing these days?
The update from Adia at the last Storm viewing party:

*she's been doing some NBA-TV broadcasting (someone said she did a half time report yesterday but I can't confirm that)
*in the off season, she's headed back to Turkey where she played last year
*San Antonio has shown interest in her for 2006. She said she figured she would either end up there or in Chicago

-She was in great spirits and looked fantastic. She was promoting her non profit at the time. It was good to see her again.

NWFan, thanks for the response! It's amazing how so many WNBA players go overseas during the offseason, and some of them get paid more there than they do in the U.S.

Yeah, it is. Adia didn't seem overly excited to be over there for so long (7 months). Other than that, she was looking forward to playing again. She's a real sweetheart if you ever get a chance to meet her.

:)

I love me some Adia. Back when the Monarch's drafted her we all made Barnes shirts. After one game her dad was so happy to see the fans support her, that he gave us some passes to go back to the family lounge, where the players mingle after the game. That was cool.

We also made her a trading card that year since Fleer didn't make her one. We had it lamenated & all. When we gave it to her she was so juiced. Many fond memories of Barnes.
Hope she does get back in the WNBA. I happy she got a ring.