MLB Thread - 2022

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Man, so much props has to go to Joey for taking that demotion and working his tail off to figure something out. He was such a disaster it could have sunk him as a Giant. 13 for 26 seemed absolutely impossible earlier this season.

This ****ing team LOL.

Somehow not dead yet, being 4.5 back of the Padres with 6 games left vs them and 6 back of the Phillies with one more series vs them. We still have tough series, but 23 games vs the Diamondbacks, Rockies, Tigers, Cubs.

We'll have a better idea after these next 7 vs the Rockies/Dbacks/Tigers. 5-2 in this upcoming stretch and I might believe again.

Craw with the walk off!
ZOMG LETS FREAKIN GO!
This ****ing team LOL.

Somehow not dead yet, being 4.5 back of the Padres with 6 games left vs them and 6 back of the Phillies with one more series vs them. We still have tough series, but 23 games vs the Diamondbacks, Rockies, Tigers, Cubs.

We'll have a better idea after these next 7 vs the Rockies/Dbacks/Tigers. 5-2 in this upcoming stretch and I might believe again.
Torture never felt so dang good!!!!

Well...For those of you who were fortunate to be old enough to remember the most recent world series wins, you probably would probably disagree with my first statement. I kind of disagree with my own statement as well. Because no torture will EVER compare to the torture we endured on our way to the three world series wins...

How about Johnny Cueto’s resurgent season? Good for him!
Or...As some random young gal who I used to run into all the time would have said..."How about Johnny Cuteo's resurgent season? Good for him!"...

Never understood why she always said "Cuteo", until someone told me a few years later that her mom used to think Johnny Cueto was "cute", and used to always called him "Johnny Cute-o". So, when the gal was younger, she thought his name actually was "Johnny Cute-o", and that name pretty much stuck with her ever since.

BTW, yes, she did confirm for me that she knew his name ACTUALLY was/is Cueto. She never told me how she came to find out, so I assumed it was the hard way, to which she responded with an evil laugh...

Philly should forfeit their wildcard position as a result of tonight. Lol
Luis is my least favorite Giant right now. He failed to preserve a shutout. He should stick to hurling wood at a small round white object; He's much better at doing that than he is at hurling a small round white object at a bunch of wood. Just sayin'...:p:p:p

LONGO NEXT!

RUN IT BACK AGAIN NEXT SEASON!

In seriousness, I’m good with this. Good teammate. Consistent. Good Giant.
I'm glad that the front office is not being suckered into throwing out random dough at anyone and everyone just to be able to contend. Because we will, unfortunately, not be able to contend with those dudes from Chavez Ravine...They have a stacked roster. Padres, as well, are on the verge. We're playing it smart. Invest in young talent and mold them into perennial contenders.