MLB Thread - 2022

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The highest annual average ever on top of of all the years. The Nats proposed deal was the most money ever but at a lower average/year.
I suppose the last time a Nats player that declined a big pay day a result was a World Series trophy so it could happen again if the Nats hit on their draft picks

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Farhan in the booth a couple days ago justifying his deadline and saying he believes in a playoff possibility with a couple good weeks is absolutely hilarious.

How in the world is that team even possible?! I guess for the Giants struggles, I can look at the Angels who somehow have it worse despite having two of the biggest names in baseball.
Whenever someone talks about the Giants and Angels in the same breath, I always end up having flashbacks to that stupid monkey...

It was a...

FREAKING.

STUFFED.

MONKEY.

and it worked...:mad::mad::mad:

2002 is a painful sports year. Of all the teams that have beaten my teams in playoffs scenarios, I think I hold the hardest grudge against the Angels.
If we're talking about holding a grudge against a single TEAM, then, yes, I hold the hardest grudge against the Angels.

If we're talking about holding a grudge against a STUFFED ANIMAL, then, yes, I hold the hardest grudge against that stupid monkey.

But, if we're talking about holding a grudge against a single INDIVIDUAL, then, yes, this idiot takes the cake, and will always take the cake...

1659718829701.png

Even after I die.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Joey Bart remembering how to baseball is big. Not that it really matters though seeing as this team will play a distant third fiddle to LA and SD for the foreseeable handful of seasons.

Joey Bart remembering how to baseball is big. Not that it really matters though seeing as this team will play a distant third fiddle to LA and SD for the foreseeable handful of seasons.
Yeah, he's starting to get his K rate somewhat in control and he's shown that he just nails the ball when he makes contact. Dude absolutely has some elite elite power, especially for a catcher.

What's interesting is he hasn't taken a BB in the 2nd half of the season, but has his K rate to 29.7% as opposed to 43.6 in the first half. So I wonder if they're just having him relax his approach and just say "Go swing away" rather than try to be a super plate discipline guy and get yourself in bad 2 strike counts all the time.

Regardless, big 2 months for Joey Bart. His defense is already good, just need to have some confidence that his stick is playable heading into next year.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Brandon Crawford being in the MVP talks with people like Bryce Harper, Juan Soto, and Fernando Tatis last season had to have just been a crazy fever dream.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
We have retained the prestigious Bay Bridge Trophy! No matter what happens, this season can be classified as a major success.

The Padres may have Soto and will beat us 9 times the remainder of this season, but they have no trophy.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I don't follow baseball but I just heard on LeBatard that, since the start of the season, Chris Sale has broken three bones and made two starts, and I find that to be both tragic and hilarious.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
All it took was getting embarrassed by the Giants in game 1, but the real Padres have arrived. And Tatis is not far behind.

This team will be must/see TV when they’re fully healthy.

The "MLB at Field of Dreams" game is, arguably, one of the greatest things to ever happen in sports. Both games that the MLB has now put on have been fantastic to watch.