MLB Thread - 2022

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......Well, the Giants, at one point, looked like they may be able to make some sort of postseason noise by the end of the day.

We might require somewhat of a miracle now. I still see a final record above 0.500, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we go on a massive slide at some point, thus finishing 0.500 or worse.

Rodon to the highest bidder please.
My fear with something like that happening is the possibility of the highest bidder being in the NL West, and Rodon actually playing like a Cy Young winner for that team.

Now, obviously, that fear will significantly decrease as long as that highest bidder doesn't call Chavez Ravine home.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
My fear with something like that happening is the possibility of the highest bidder being in the NL West, and Rodon actually playing like a Cy Young winner for that team.

Now, obviously, that fear will significantly decrease as long as that highest bidder doesn't call Chavez Ravine home.
I’d almost be tempted to do a deal with the Devil to kill their farm a little, but couldn’t stomach helping them win a legit World Series. There’s no doubt it’s going to happen one of these years, so we can’t be a reason why.

Looking forward to Harrison and Luciano in the not too distant future!

Can someone please explain to me why the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks ANYONE would have come into the season expecting ANYTHING from the Giants that even REMOTELY resembled contending for the number 1 seed in the National League???
Tanner Sigh.gif
BTW, I expected a very steep decline. Mentally, I was prepared for what is taking place right now. But, it's still depressing to watch as a Giants fan.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Ohtani needs to get out of the Angels. They have 2 of the best players in history... but can't even reach .500.

I don't think there's a single NBA equivalent. It'd be like if the Kings had prime Curry and Klay... only to miss out on the playoffs every year.
I can’t wait until the Giants are a strong competitor and then come in second or third for his services in free agency, then sign David Peralta and pretend everything is okay.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I can’t wait until the Giants are a strong competitor and then come in second or third for his services in free agency, then sign David Peralta and pretend everything is okay.
If I’m the Giants, I’m selling the entire farm to get him but, while Farhan is a Billy Beane disciple in a lot of regards, he has never thrown caution to the wind and gone all in like Billy.

THE San Francisco Giants need to do more of this...

Baseball.gif

The offense certainly is more than capable of doing it. Just ask the Padres. Well, at least the 7/10/22 version of the Padres.

The Giants need to reintroduce "Torture Ball" to the world. It probably took about 50 years off of my life, and a crap load of hair off of my head, but it also gave us three world series parades.

I'd much rather endure torture than whatever the heck this junk is.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Father Time decided it was Crawford’s time over this past offseason. What a fall from last season.

Donezo.

Last edited:
Yeah this team is just boring. Webb and Rodon are fun to watch pitch, Doval is great out of the pen, but old guys are only fun when they rake, not when they're constantly hurt/suck. There's a big issue when there's like 5 guys you'd actually want to keep for next season.

Needs to be a big overhaul this summer for Farhan. He's won on the fringes in a spectacular fashion and he's done outstanding with the farm, but it's time to actually start using the budget and bring some long-term talent in.

Yeah this team is just boring. Webb and Rodon are fun to watch pitch, Doval is great out of the pen, but old guys are only fun when they rake, not when they're constantly hurt/suck. There's a big issue when there's like 5 guys you'd actually want to keep for next season.

Needs to be a big overhaul this summer for Farhan. He's won on the fringes in a spectacular fashion and he's done outstanding with the farm, but it's time to actually start using the budget and bring some long-term talent in.
Agreed. As I said above, I'd much rather endure another stretch of "Torture Ball" than whatever the heck it is that we're currently dealing with. I don't mind knocking a few more years off of my life if it means more rings...:p:p:p