MLB Thread - 2022

Ya, I’m off the Soto wagon.

Sell sell sell!

(The only thing anyone would want is Rodon)
Yeah, the past 1-2 weeks (and then some) have basically forced me to take a few steps back and realize that we're not a Juan Soto acquisition away from being legitimate contenders. We still have a lot of work to do. I'd much rather sell for future capital (in whatever form that may be) as opposed to buy for potential success, and risk lingering damage because of some stupid contracts that we're still responsible for 5 years down the line.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Alex Wood’s utter inability to get through the lineup three times is such a fascinating phenomenon. Like, he clearly has good stuff. But why does it stop working after 18 hitters?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Camilo suddenly learning how to throw a 99MPH heavy sinker is just unfair.

Dude’s going to be one of the premiere closers in baseball.

The Reds just got a HAUL for Luis Castillo. 3 of the Mariners top 5 prospects.

On that note… TRADE RODON!!!
Marte is an amazing prospect. Castillo has an extra year of team control, but I think Rodon could get a package very similar if not better. He could be the legit difference maker for a contender.

Hate to say it, but glad we're losing tonight. Will be 4 back of the 3rd wild-card spot and the team just needs to accept it's not going to happen this season. I do think we're underperforming our talent level, but just the level of injuries/regression we've had aren't going to let it happen. I'd flip Wilmer too; he should be able to net a reasonable prospect and is headed for FA as well.

I'd keep Joc because I think you can get him back on a somewhat reasonable contract in the $10-$13mil/season range. Rodon I think is going to want $25mil+ on a long-term deal.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That extra year of control puts Castillo over the top. Rentals suck, and the M’s can recoup some of their losses next year if need be. I don’t think Rodon gets close to that package, but will still net something nice for the future.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Scott Harris better be the one fielding offers from the other teams.
The other teams better not be the ones fielding offers from Scott Harris.

Just sayin'...
Dude, while the Dodgers do whatever they want and the Padres brazenly throw poop at the wall and hope it sticks, the Giants next AAAA level player they scrape off the trash pile is sure to be the missing piece of the whole puzzle!

BUY EVERYONE! (But not the actual stars because they’re too expensive)

Yeah if we keep Rodon/Joc, we better end up signing them to long-term deals, otherwise it'll be the biggest mis-step this regime has had. They've probably been our best players, you can't just lose them for nothing.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yeah if we keep Rodon/Joc, we better end up signing them to long-term deals, otherwise it'll be the biggest mis-step this regime has had. They've probably been our best players, you can't just lose them for nothing.
Joc is whatever. He won’t get much of anything. Especially with his epic struggles since being named an All-Star.

Rodon HAS to go.

Though I’m a little afraid stomping the mighty Cubs might give the front office false hope. Lol

Farhan better shell out for Rodon if we aren't trading him. It's fine if we want to keep making a WC push, but what a disaster it'd be to miss the playoffs and then Rodon walks for nothing.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Farhan just traded for another terrible catcher and DFA’d Kervin Castro, who’s only 23 and showed promise last year (despite big struggles this season)

Lol

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
The A's just traded a player to the Yankees and I don't even care. This may be a new all-time low for me with this team. Also... how are the Angels still this bad with Trout, Ohtani, and a top 10 payroll? Doesn't it seem like they'd stand a decent chance of improving by just hiring a random person off the street to run their front office?