Mike Bibby.

yeah he did. In fact he got hit on the hand in the Memphis game and subsiquently went off on them hitting about 3 3 pointers and blocking 2 shots in the last 2 min of the game to give us the victory.
My girlfriend and I were at that game. It was also Bobby's Homecoming.

I've always thought since he broke his leg, that Brad needs to drink more milk...:eek::(
Hopefully both these guys will be sharp and game ready when they get back.

Damn, well this sucks but I think we can handle this with Price, Salmons, Hart, and Garcia.

This also means Ron will be running the show, which he looked very good at the last game BTW.

Knew he was hurting, and supected it may be semi-serious, when it happened last night. Just not typical to see Mike ask to be taken out of the game, and then head directly for the lockerroom.

He may have the rep of being a softie in many respects, but he's one of the few players we've got right now that I'd half expect to see cure decapitation with duct tape and keep playing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...but he's one of the few players we've got right now that I'd half expect to see cure decapitation with duct tape and keep playing.
Agreed.

I think I'd be tempted to add Kevin and, of course, Artest to the duct tape player hall of fame, too.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Agreed.

I think I'd be tempted to add Kevin and, of course, Artest to the duct tape player hall of fame, too.
Tough though those guys may be, I think the difference is that both of those guys actually miss time. Bibby, however, has been remarkably durable ever since that injured stint back in the first part of the 02-03 season.

Of course like I intimated above, this might also be the first time he's played defense since the 02-03 season, so serves him right. ;)

In any case, Bibby is the rock amongst PGs:

98-99: 50 (of 50 -- strike season)
99-00: 82
00-01: 82
01-02: 80
02-03: 55
03-04: 82
04-05: 80
05-06: 82

So basically he's never missed more than 2 games in a season except that one year in 02-03. Last guy you expect to see go down, although I suppose odds are it happens eventually.

Last edited:
Agreed.

Kevin... might be a bit early for that designation. Which is not to say that I disagree completely, just that he's not there yet.

Artest... sure, if his head's in it. If it/he isn't, then you've got a Tru Warier who wants to stop fighting for a while to promote an album.

Mike, however, has missed (I think) less than 40 games going back through his high school career, and 27 of those were when he had the broken foot. Considering this is his ninth season in the league, that's pretty impressive.

EDIT: Curse these slow fingers!

Agreed.

Not really sure what Kevin has played through, but I'm going to go ahead and submit Shareef Abdur-Rahim to this list.

This guy played through his jaw being wired shut. Has that ever happened in basketball ... ever?