Miami vs. Detroit - Conf. Finals

The matchup is set. This is the discussion thread. Talk away...

Predictions?

Detroit in 6. They can dominate when they want to but Wade will win them 2 games. If Shaq is healthy then Detroit in 7.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I predict whichever team I select to win will go down in ignominious defeat. Therefore, I pick the Heat.

I don't like either team but from the way Wade's been playing and watching Detroit against the Pacers, I'll have to pick miami. I don't want Shaq to get another ring either but Wade deserves one. Detroit's year was last year.

Last edited:
I think Miami will come through. From what i've heard they have a good team spirit as well as Shaq and Wade scoring at will.

Miami wont lose their home games.

twocents said:
heat in 5 (that is being generous for the pistons; they do not deserve a single win with the way they have played).
There is no way Detroit is getting swept at home, especially by a team with an injured center. Only way detroit can lose this series is if they dont play defense and they always do that. #1 Defensive Team.

the problem with the pistons is that they have had really bad offensive performances so far. miami's defense is not substantially worse than that of the pistons. every game, miami will score around 90 and detroit upper 70's, lower 80's. the x-factor in that series will be eddie jones; if he shoots well, miami will win easily.

I will watch this series for six words: Dwayne Wade, Tayshaun Prince, Ben Wallace. It will probably be really boring and slow. Rasheed and Ben will keep Shaq frustrated, Wade vs. Prince will be compelling, and Eddie Jones has to keep up with Rip. I think Chauncey Billups is the "X-Factor" in this series. If he plays well, Detroit wins. If he doesn't, give it to Miami.

Detroit has been playing poorly all through the playoffs, but they have played spectacularly and like the NBA champs every time they need a win. Miami just can't match them, especially with Shaq not being at full strength.

Detroit in 6

Supposedly Shaq is at full strength and ready to play on Monday because he did practice today. This is what I heared over the radio. I doubt the guy is at full strength with this football type injury.

This is definitely the best conference finals match-up series since 2002. Both teams are basically even, therefore I side with the team with HCA. Heat in 7, if Shaq's healthy.

T

thesanityannex

captain bill said:
Detroit has been playing poorly all through the playoffs, but they have played spectacularly and like the NBA champs every time they need a win.

Detroit in 6
i dont get this sentence at all.
anyways, i only want the heat so i can see the shaq vs. baby shaq matchup.

thesanityannex said:
i dont get this sentence at all.
anyways, i only want the heat so i can see the shaq vs. baby shaq matchup.
Would it really be as exciting since Shaq wont be 100%? Ive been rooting for Detroit since last year after the Kings got knocked out and havent stopped yet. I wouldnt mind seeing Big Ben vs Amare.

Is Tayshaun going to try to check Wade, and if so, can he be effective? I think the key to this series is someone, anyone for Detroit making it difficult for Wade to get his points.

Whether Shaq is healthy will be a huge factor, and I think I read today that he's still not certain for game 1.

Also, who for the Heat is going to constantly chase Rip Hamilton? Wade? Eddie Jones?

T

thesanityannex

Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Would it really be as exciting since Shaq wont be 100%? Ive been rooting for Detroit since last year after the Kings got knocked out and havent stopped yet. I wouldnt mind seeing Big Ben vs Amare.

shaq is never a 100%. hes too old and large now, but id still like to see it. ben and amare would also be fun. either way.

I'd like to see Miami win, I really like Wade, and I really think some here are underestimating him.
I agree with the statement that Detroit's year was last year.

GO HEAT!! ;)

Game 1

Detroit controlling the tempo in the first half, and DWade is 2-11 from the field in the first half. Shaq is doing well, but this is shades of the frustration Kobe felt trying to run around the Pistons' defense as he was accustomed.

Pistons take a 44 - 43 lead into halftime. If the Suns don't win the WCF, this is exactly what the finals are going to look like, regardless of which team makes it out of the East.