Message from San Antonio

The series with the Kings is more difficult than any series the Spurs have ever faced. This series is more difficult than Detroit. Dallas is a piece of cake compared to the Kings. In fact, everyone else in the Western Conference is a piece of cake compared to Sacramento.

I have no idea who is going to win this series. I expect Sacramento will protect its home court on Friday and we will have another tough game in the AT&T Center.

The way that Bonzi Wells is playing, I think I would just feed him the ball every time. We have absolutely no answer for Bonzi. None. Zero. The local San Antonio announcers were scratching their heads why--in the third period--the Kings kept going to Artest and getting away from Bonzi.

Just wanted you to know you're the best opponent my team has ever faced--bar none. I shudder to think what they will be like next year, when they have Ron and Bonzi playing together for an entire year.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with your announcers. Going to Artest in the third was killing us. Then again, going to Artest in the fourth brought us back.

Thanks BSB- wouldn't it be kind of fun if the Kings/Spurs made this a yearly thing? I am always up for new rivals. I think the Kings should be much higher than the 8th seed- they are better than the Clips, Grizzlies, Nuggets, alone. They can play with the Suns most of the time and same goes to the Lakers. So I think this has been a unique 1/8 matchup. It's been a fun series and both teams have played well.

I was thinking of creating an account over at Spursreport to congratulate you guys a few games ago but I never got to it. I'm proud of our team and how they are not giving up. The Spurs are a great team and they showed that tonight. If my team had to lose to any team, I would rather have them lose to the Champs, then to the Fakers. Great game BSR.

lol, thats right. and i mean if you look at the phoenix/lakers series, etc... its just not as complicated as we play. i truly don't think any of the other western conference series are as good as this one. you're looking at the 8th seed, which everyone is starting to look at differently than they would expect. im looking forward to our next game in sac. we won't back down. GO KINGS !

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Big Shot Rob said:
The series with the Kings is more difficult than any series the Spurs have ever faced. This series is more difficult than Detroit. Dallas is a piece of cake compared to the Kings. In fact, everyone else in the Western Conference is a piece of cake compared to Sacramento.

I have no idea who is going to win this series. I expect Sacramento will protect its home court on Friday and we will have another tough game in the AT&T Center.

The way that Bonzi Wells is playing, I think I would just feed him the ball every time. We have absolutely no answer for Bonzi. None. Zero. The local San Antonio announcers were scratching their heads why--in the third period--the Kings kept going to Artest and getting away from Bonzi.

Just wanted you to know you're the best opponent my team has ever faced--bar none. I shudder to think what they will be like next year, when they have Ron and Bonzi playing together for an entire year.
Thanks.

The matchups between our teams, our coaches and us - the fans - are truly the stuff legends are made of.

Too bad you guys can't hear the San Antonio announcers. Sean Elliott heaped huge praise for the Kings, especially Bonzi and Ron Artest.

I'm not really very knowledgeable about match-ups and things like that. Whatever the case may be, the Artest/Wells combo will definitely be one that will bring huge dividends to the city of Sacramento. Got to re-sign Bonzi.

And the Maloofs have to re-sign Rick Adelman. He is a first-rate coach who can produce when he has players who play with heart.

Finally--the San Antonio radio stations (especially 1200AM WOAI Radio) really gave huge props to Sacramento fans for the heart they show for their team. In fact, if you check Spurs Report, you'll find several threads where SA fans were critical of themselves for not giving the Spurs the same kind of support that Sacramento gives to the Kings.

Finally--you will find that on Spurs Report, the Moderatos do not tolerarte disrespect for the Kings. Any fan who resort to calling Sacramento fans as "Queens" are banned.

Great basketball--incredible. Really too bad one team had to lose.

Thanks for the kind words, BSR...we really do appreciate it. It's always nice to have fans other other teams who have respect for their opponent on this board. We try to do the same.

Big Shot Rob said:
Too bad you guys can't hear the San Antonio announcers. Sean Elliott heaped huge praise for the Kings, especially Bonzi and Ron Artest.

I'm not really very knowledgeable about match-ups and things like that. Whatever the case may be, the Artest/Wells combo will definitely be one that will bring huge dividends to the city of Sacramento. Got to re-sign Bonzi.

And the Maloofs have to re-sign Rick Adelman. He is a first-rate coach who can produce when he has players who play with heart.

Finally--the San Antonio radio stations (especially 1200AM WOAI Radio) really gave huge props to Sacramento fans for the heart they show for their team. In fact, if you check Spurs Report, you'll find several threads where SA fans were critical of themselves for not giving the Spurs the same kind of support that Sacramento gives to the Kings.

Finally--you will find that on Spurs Report, the Moderatos do not tolerarte disrespect for the Kings. Any fan who resort to calling Sacramento fans as "Queens" are banned.

Great basketball--incredible. Really too bad one team had to lose.

^ great news ! thank you ! :)

Aside from a particular ex-laker and a couple ex-mavs, I can stomach the spurs MUCH better than I could the Kobe/Shaq Lakers...

Small market teams keep it classy.

Nice game by your spurs tonight BSR... Shows why your team is the defending champs. They were on the ropes being tied up to an 8 seed and now they showed hey "WE ARE STILL THE CHAMPS" ... gg's

Also thanks for the comments above BSR. Good sportsmanship, shows there are still some good fans out there. GL in the last two games (HAHA I said 2 cause we gotta win one more :) )

This is an intense and physical, back and forth series and we haven't had to worry about trolls here or any of those negative things. This is a rivalry, but one of respect and the Spurs fans are definitely classy. It's refreshing.

Props to the Kings. I said here after game one that I've always feared Bonz., He's always torn up the Spurs going back to his Portland days and with Memphis in their Spurs playoffs series. Nothing has changed.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
jon e said:
classy... yes

over... no

ill revisit this thread after sunday
Not even close to over. Kings come back for Friday with the Home crowed and backs aganst the wall. I see a game 7 and I STILL like the Kings chances in it!

kings got my respect too. i honestly hope they win their next series in round 1 of 2007. i hope they lose the game on friday. this series has me sweating bullets.

A

AriesMar27

i hate to say this but.... if the lakers beat the suns, i want the spurs to beat the kings.... cause if we lose to dallas and the lakers somehow get by the clippers.... the lakers well, kobe... will kill dallas..... thats the last thing we need....

i feel so dirty saying that though.....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
AriesMar27 said:
i hate to say this but.... if the lakers beat the suns, i want the spurs to beat the kings.... cause if we lose to dallas and the lakers somehow get by the clippers.... the lakers well, kobe... will kill dallas..... thats the last thing we need....

At a certian point Lakers "hatred" goes too far -- that point being when you start rooting for your own team to lose just in the hopes of making the Lakers lose. Who cares about the Lakers?

AriesMar27 said:

:confused:

Why wouldn't you want the Kings to go on to beat the Spurs, the Mavs AND the Lakers?

Bricklayer said:
At a certian point Lakers "hatred" goes too far -- that point being when you start rooting for your own team to lose just in the hopes of making the Lakers lose. Who cares about the Lakers?
You're right. Besides, I think whoever comes out of our side of the bracket is going to level whoever comes out of the other side; at this point, it'll likely be the Clippers or the Lakers benefiting from the crummy seeding system they decided to bring in this season.

But honestly, I don't get the undying animosity towards the Lakers since they're a completely different roster. Do people still feel the same way about Utah?