Melo fouled on last play of Knicks 2 pt. loss to Kings

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's posted in the news link forum. I honestly didn't think it warranted much more...

These next day mea cuplas by the league are ridiculous anyway. It's not like it actually changes anything, and I think we all know the officials aren't going to lose any sleep over missing a call. All this does in reality is make fans of the team who didn't benefit from the blown call even more upset.

I knew the play was real close, but I didn't think it would later be called a foul. Phew, we got away with one last night.......This time we were the lucky ones. Sorry if this was already posted elsewhere.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/12/11/nba-rules-anthony-fouled.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Edit: I apologize for the error in the subject. It should read, "Anthony Fouled on last play of 2 point loss to Kings"
Tough luck Melo/Knicks, IDGAF. We've been done wrong on no calls so many times in close games in the past. If the roles were reversed here I somehow doubt there would be an apology from the NBA.

His teammate was wide open anyway. Should have passed the ball instead of attempting a brain dead hero ball play expecting to get bailed out by the refs.

It's posted in the news link forum. I honestly didn't think it warranted much more...

These next day mea cuplas by the league are ridiculous anyway. It's not like it actually changes anything, and I think we all know the officials aren't going to lose any sleep over missing a call. All this does in reality is make fans of the team who didn't benefit from the blown call even more upset.
It's only relevant if they are going to go through every other shot attempt and judge whether a foul should have been called. Am I to assume that this was the only call missed on Thursday night?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's only relevant if they are going to go through every other shot attempt and judge whether a foul should have been called. Am I to assume that this was the only call missed on Thursday night?
And the real message has to be that they realize the officiating sucks big time but have no answer for it.

This. There were many missed calls throughout the game that impacted the final score. Oh, but a NY team lost on national TV to the LOLKingz so the refs need to be shamed.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It wouldn't have given them a chance to win. The foul was before the shot so it was 2 free throws. It would have given them a chance to tie. The no call gave them a chance to win. New York fans want it both ways. If the game winning shot goes in and gets waved off so Melo can shoot 2 free throws there would be an even bigger outcry that the refs decided the outcome. The contact was minimal and didn't affect the shot. The refs left it up to the players to decide the outcome of the game which is what they're supposed to do.

They didn't apologize when they missed the tip last year on the sac mem game.
That's because he got the shot off before the official clock ran out. What they ignored and neglected to comment on is the fact that the clock didn't start running until after he'd touched, redirected then released the ball.

That was the bogus part.

What they ignored and neglected to comment on is the fact that the clock didn't start running until after it was hit by Hollins (?) arm on the inbounds pass. It clearly changed direction, which is why the Grizz player had to go on the opposite side of the hoop to get the ball.

That was the more bogus part.

Still doesn't make up for the Memphis atrocity! (or the other atrocity which shall not be named).

League has a looooong way to go to make it right.