Maybe don't move anyone before tradedateline is the best move for KINGS?

I thought we just starting our chemistry right here right now.....
It's the begining from REKEDMC,and such good things just starting...
like other players just start to learn how to co-operate rekedmc,
landry and JT should show how thier real actual strength recently ,and
omri and greene continued improve thier consistence.
taylor and pooh and DJ start reserve from bench....

For me it is very hard to move anybody right now,not just because the emotions
to individual player but look foward the next year.The chemistry is almost
establish,and we have salary could do a lot of things during the offseason.
even though we couldn't stay landry&dalembert
We don't need to rush the clock right now.Our players' vaule aren't highest
right now.

For me, Offseason maybe the more correct time to act something.

Unless the Kings win the next 10 games I think they should trade him for the fact he will command 9-10 million that we wont need to pay(hint, we have DMC).

Don't worry about your emotions in 10 games you will remember why we need to move him, since this is a very tough schedule and we will probably lose around 8 games and the inevitable will have to happen regardless how we feel about it.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
We will still need a backup center. Dalembert is a perfect center to have for the next 3 years. The rub to all of these discussions is the CBA. We don't know how that will affect salaries, but I'm pretty sure management has talked to both players (if they plan on keeping them) that they're waiting for the new CBA to see how contracts will be structured before making offers.

Donte shouldn't be traded because he is 6-10 and would be a late lottery pick if he entered the draft this year(which is bad and good for his age and exp.). Garcia is money from distance, and has too much leadership to give away for raw talent. Beno and Landry are the most liquid right now, aside from Evans and Cousins....beno makes around 21m over 3yrs. and Landry is making chump change. LAL, POR, MIA, and ESPECIALLY NYK need talent and cap relief. I would try to pry Felton from NY for Beno and Landry to LA for a 1st round pick sent to NYK to use for the MELO trade(or fredette), NYK or LA send SAC a 2nd round pick, and its a done deal for all parties, maybe we absorb Walton or something.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Kings are adamant about not taking back any contracts that go beyond the end of this season, unless its a no brainer, which isn't likely. That means if either Dalembert or Landry are moved, it will probably be for money or draft picks, or both. If I were going to move one of them for a 1st round pick, I think it would be Landry. I'd keep trying to ride the Dalembert horse till the end of the year for a couple of reasons.

It would give us time to see how our version of the twin towers works for the rest of the season. It would also give Dalembert time to see how he likes the concept and if he would like to continue it beyond the end of this season. If both Kings management, and Dalembert agree that its a workable solution, then it would make it easier to resign Dalembert. As long as he doesn't get greedy.

As far as resigning Landry. It won't be any harder to resign him if we desire to do so, because he'll be an unrestricted freeagent whether he ends the season with us or with another team. I know he says he wants to stay in sacramento. But my gut tells me that if the Rockets made him a reasonable offer he would take it. He was happy there and the fans loved him. He also likes playing for Adelman. Of course its possible that Adelman won't be there. There are never any guarantees for a head coach not named Pop's, Sloan, and Jackson.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I could see Landry or Thompson getting moved. Some team in the playoff hunt might get desperate for Thompson's length and Landry's inside scoring.

Landry will get around 6-8 million a year over the max # of years allowed under the new CBA. IMO, just slightly below what Paul Millsap got. Dalembert will probably get about 6-7 million a year on a 2-3 year deal for his services. I could see the Kings re-signing both honestly.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I could see Landry or Thompson getting moved. Some team in the playoff hunt might get desperate for Thompson's length and Landry's inside scoring.
In Thompson's case, I only see him getting moved for something of value in return. I don't think they look at Thompson as a salary dump. He can do too many things for the team. He's cheap and he has two years left on his contract. With the last year being a qualifying offer year. Now Cisco, yep, I think they'd dump his salary in a heartbeat. He also make twice what Thompson makes.

Magic might be interested in someone like Landry. Since trading Gortat, their front line is slightly thin. Given that they shall be renting him only for a few months, and he might help them in the playoffs, they might be interested. Wonder if they have anything of interest to us. Their pick shall be very low, so won't be worth much.

Rockets might be interested too. Landry might be amongst their bigger big guys, and might help them make the playoffs. They do have a bunch of assets.

I think if we are planning not to bring him back (or if he's planning not to come back), we should trade him, and get whatever we can.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Magic might be interested in someone like Landry. Since trading Gortat, their front line is slightly thin. Given that they shall be renting him only for a few months, and he might help them in the playoffs, they might be interested. Wonder if they have anything of interest to us. Their pick shall be very low, so won't be worth much.

Rockets might be interested too. Landry might be amongst their bigger big guys, and might help them make the playoffs. They do have a bunch of assets.

I think if we are planning not to bring him back (or if he's planning not to come back), we should trade him, and get whatever we can.
I definitely think the Rockets would be interested in Landry. He likes it there and he knows the system. The Magic would be more interested in Dalembert. They have little that they would be willing to give up that I would want, and I lean heavily on keeping Dalembert for the remainder of the year unless a absolute no brainer comes along.

I definitely think the Rockets would be interested in Landry. He likes it there and he knows the system. The Magic would be more interested in Dalembert. They have little that they would be willing to give up that I would want, and I lean heavily on keeping Dalembert for the remainder of the year unless a absolute no brainer comes along.
The Magic shall certainly be more interested in Dalembert. However, apart from us likely wanting to keep him, there's also the issue of his huge salary, which makes matching assets tougher. Landry's lower salary might make it easier to pull off a trade.

Sorry to post it in an unrelated thread. However, have not been following this section actively, and wasn't sure if it was already discussed. Didn't want to start a new thread in such a scenario.

What do people think about trying to get Jeff Green next year? He's a RFA, so that does make things slightly complicated. However, Chad Ford mentioned in one of his recent articles, that after giving Durant the max, and likely giving Westbrook the same, Thunder might not be able to afford Greene.

Haven't seen him play a lot, but I think he can play the 3, is only 24 years old, and plays good defense. He's used to playing with two superstars (if DMC and Reke ever grow to that level), and should be a good third piece. His rebounding and shooting numbers are not great, and 3pt shooting in particular, where we would want the 3 to space the floor, is bad this year at 28.3% (though for the carrer, he is 33.5%).

Yes, we do have Omri and Donte at that position, one or both of whom might successfully fill that role. I feel that JG is better than them right now at least. Unless we are convinced that Omri/Donte shall become as good or better some day, we can consider trading one of them to get help somewhere else, and try to get Green.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Business is business. The only thing worse than letting valuable pieces go for nothing is re-signing them with space that would be much better used elsewhere. IF, they'll even re-sign that is.

Petrie has to get something out of Landry. It's not the worst thing in the world, but if we ended up trading Martin for cap space and nothing more? That would suck.

Sorry to post it in an unrelated thread. However, have not been following this section actively, and wasn't sure if it was already discussed. Didn't want to start a new thread in such a scenario.

What do people think about trying to get Jeff Green next year? He's a RFA, so that does make things slightly complicated. However, Chad Ford mentioned in one of his recent articles, that after giving Durant the max, and likely giving Westbrook the same, Thunder might not be able to afford Greene.

Haven't seen him play a lot, but I think he can play the 3, is only 24 years old, and plays good defense. He's used to playing with two superstars (if DMC and Reke ever grow to that level), and should be a good third piece. His rebounding and shooting numbers are not great, and 3pt shooting in particular, where we would want the 3 to space the floor, is bad this year at 28.3% (though for the carrer, he is 33.5%).

Yes, we do have Omri and Donte at that position, one or both of whom might successfully fill that role. I feel that JG is better than them right now at least. Unless we are convinced that Omri/Donte shall become as good or better some day, we can consider trading one of them to get help somewhere else, and try to get Green.
nah, no thanks. hes a tweener 4.

Business is business. The only thing worse than letting valuable pieces go for nothing is re-signing them with space that would be much better used elsewhere. IF, they'll even re-sign that is.

Petrie has to get something out of Landry. It's not the worst thing in the world, but if we ended up trading Martin for cap space and nothing more? That would suck.
we definitely need to get something for landry. hes going to command more than that 3 mill salary at the end of his contract. we could use his minutes to develop whiteside and get the ball rolling.

Orlando would be an interesting trade partner, although I think our interest would extend solely to JJ Redick and maybe Ryan Anderson, although his defense is terribad. We can exchange Carl Landry straight up and just absorb the 4 million difference, but I wonder how interested Orlando would be, since their troubles aren't really on the offensive end. Could a 2nd round pick sweeten the deal just enough?

Although the only hurdle would be that Redick needs to OK the trade because he was an RFA whose outside offer sheet was matched by his team.

I'll be greatly disappointed if we don't make some sort of move before the trade deadline. I'll be fine with packaging up some of our assets (Landry, Casspi/Greene) as well as our 1st round pick if it would net us a quality veteran such as Danny Granger.

If we're truly not looking to take on more salary, that would mean that we won't be taking on a veteran player, and if that's the case, I would like to see us trade Landry for a 1st round pick.

This particular draft is going to have a lot of players who could be great role-playing starters way up through the 15-20 range. The draft doesn't have any sure-fire hall of famers, but the talent is their through most of the draft. So if you can trade Landry, who you know is going to walk, for a chance to get a role-playing starter, or a good 6-8 man off the bench, then you should do it.

I would absolutely love a chance at Jeffrey Taylor (18*), Jordan Hamilton(17), Kenneth Fariad(2nd), or Brandon Knight(25), and if I could trade Landry for the opportunity I'd do it in a heartbeat. (* Current Draft Express ranking)

So I either want to see Landry included in some sort of package to bring back a veteran, or dealt to a team for a 1st round pick. If neither of these things happen I'll most likely consider the trade-deadline as a failure.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Its my hope that if we don't trade our 1st round pick, and I hope we don't because it will ruin my fun, that we'll pick up another mid first round pick. I agree that there are some nice potential role players that will be available. You have to have your minimun of two stars, but after that, its the quality of your role players, and how they fit, that can determine just how good your going to be as a team. Derrick Fisher is perfect example. His value to the Lakers over the years is far greater than it would be to most of the other teams in the league. He's been basicly a one trick pony, but he's a nice trick to have up your sleeve.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Trading the pick for an established guy makes perfect sense given our position...except for the money situation. As I've noted right now going into the offseason we basically have the equivalent of 3 major assets to add 3 major pieces to the team 1 draft pick, and enough cap room to sign two major free agents, (and a third mid major too -- may go to retaining one of Landry/Daly). We are looking to get good fast, so moving a pick that might be a kid coming into a much more win now sort of situation makes sense, but thing is, if you move that pick its going to be for amajor guy. And if you get a major guy, he's going to come with a major salary. So instead of having 1 pick and 2 major salry slots for the summer, if you trade the pick for a major salary guy now, you are reduced to only having 1 major salary slot in the summer and no pikcs -- it takes out 2/3 of your big assets at once. Hence the guy you bring in either has to be cheap (an OJ Mayo or whoever) or a helluva impact guy that makes giving up so much of our summer power worth it.

Trading the pick for an established guy makes perfect sense given our position...except for the money situation. As I've noted right now going into the offseason we basically have the equivalent of 3 major assets to add 3 major pieces to the team 1 draft pick, and enough cap room to sign two major free agents, (and a third mid major too -- may go to retaining one of Landry/Daly). We are looking to get good fast, so moving a pick that might be a kid coming into a much more win now sort of situation makes sense, but thing is, if you move that pick its going to be for amajor guy. And if you get a major guy, he's going to come with a major salary. So instead of having 1 pick and 2 major salry slots for the summer, if you trade the pick for a major salary guy now, you are reduced to only having 1 major salary slot in the summer and no pikcs -- it takes out 2/3 of your big assets at once. Hence the guy you bring in either has to be cheap (an OJ Mayo or whoever) or a helluva impact guy that makes giving up so much of our summer power worth it.
Granger or Iggy are probably the only two 'major' guys that could potentially get moved between now and the draft that would remotely interest the Kings, IMO.

Looking at the guys available, or potentially available - the only one I would trade the pick for is Granger. Locked up for a long time with a fair contract. I think its possible too, Paul George could make it easier for them to trade Granger, and he has been playing well lately.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It helps when you finally give him minutes. One of the reasons Bird fired the coach. Didn't like his rotations, and his not playing the young guys..

I agree with this assessment.

Petrie has said they aren't going to take on any more salary, which makes sense considering all the work they've done to clear salary to be the team best positioned to take advantage of changes in the CBA.

So the only way they do something like this is if they get that 'perfect' player. It would have to be a player who's young enough to be part of the main core for a long time, while meshing well with what we have in Tyreke and Cousins.

Granger is probably one of the best players that fit that mold, so I only expect to see something done if it just makes perfect sense to do so.

If we don't bring on a veteran I really want another 1st round pick for Landry. There are too many potentially good players who could help the Kings in the mid-to-late first round, so Landry needs to go.

Its my hope that if we don't trade our 1st round pick, and I hope we don't because it will ruin my fun, that we'll pick up another mid first round pick. I agree that there are some nice potential role players that will be available. You have to have your minimun of two stars, but after that, its the quality of your role players, and how they fit, that can determine just how good your going to be as a team. .
Yeah, if we end up losing our first round pick and don't end up obtaining another via a Landry trade it will greatly diminish my enjoyment of scouting college basketball players.

I've put in a lot of time watching these players, so I'd like to see some of the effort paying off by watching them play for my Kings.