Matt Barnes RIPS Grant Napear

Grant was extra rude on the radio yesterday to his callers and I was curious as to why. This explains it. Grant was short with people, cut them off, was rude in his answers and in a foul mood. Well, he must have just got wind of this. NSFW language btw.

Matt Barnes REALLY doesnt like Napear.

Last edited by a moderator:
His sentiment isn't really wrong. Grant has always ripped into certain players, sometimes without good reason. He's tried to run a few players out of town and it's not a coincidence that a lot of ex-players have a serious problem with him.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
[Modding]

As a reminder, NSFW material may not be directly linked to KingsFans.com. Any link to NFSW material must be manually broken up, so that it cannot be directly clicked on. And, even then, it is strongly discouraged: we aren't Reddit.

This one is being allowed primarily because it is relevant to the Sacramento Kings.

F*** Matt Barnes! Hometown kid that never had ANY love for Sacramento!
Yeah but he is actually right. Grant is straight 2 faced. He talks real bad about players on his radio show and then tries to be all buddy buddy with them irl. That would irk me as a player and I'm kinda glad someone called him out for it.

I think he was waiting for the inevitable caller to bring it up and it didnt happen. I have a good mind to call his show and bring it up just to pet him rant and rave. Be real nice and be on his side at first and then just say from what I heard tho MattyB is kinda right just to hear him blow his top lol. Be an interesting dynamic between he and Christie at that point.

I've had my beefs with Grant as well but he's been nothing but supportive of Vlade and with Christie being his new running mate I like him a lot more. And although there may have been some merit to what Barnes said i still can't stand the guy for bashing his hometown throughout his career.

I've had my beefs with Grant as well but he's been nothing but supportive of Vlade and with Christie being his new running mate I like him a lot more. And although there may have been some merit to what Barnes said i still can't stand the guy for bashing his hometown throughout his career.
TV Grant and Radio Grant behave very differently and frankly it's a bit of a disservice to everyone for him to be playing dual roles like that.

I haven't listened to Grant in years.. I listened by chance yesterday and quickly realized why I originally tuned out. He's just too damn negative.
Yesterday and kinda today he has been on one. I think its residual from MattyBs comments. For a little while now he has actually been ok. He sounded yesterday like Cousins was back on the team.

Grant was extra rude on the radio yesterday to his callers and I was curious as to why. This explains it. Grant was short with people, cut them off, was rude in his answers and in a foul mood. Well, he must have just got wind of this. NSFW language btw.

Matt Barnes REALLY doesnt like Napear.
Some guy called in yesterday and was talking about how excited he was about the team and Grant was like "Why wouldn't you be excited about the team? Who isn't excited about the team? Come on man, next caller".

I wouldn't mind one bit if I found out Barnes slapped Grant. He really does deserve it. I didn't listen to him until a few years ago and had no idea that his tv personality was a fake persona and that he's really just a miserable egomaniac in real life. Christie coddling him and pretending to be interested in his life stories just adds to his ego and adds to the irritation of the listeners.

I don't understand why the callers haven't just gone full troll mode on him. It's almost impossible to call him up and state your own opinion or ask for his opinion without him talking down to you like you're stupid. Call him up with the same attitude and give it right back to him and see how he likes it.

Some guy called in yesterday and was talking about how excited he was about the team and Grant was like "Why wouldn't you be excited about the team? Who isn't excited about the team? Come on man, next caller".

I wouldn't mind one bit if I found out Barnes slapped Grant. He really does deserve it. I didn't listen to him until a few years ago and had no idea that his tv personality was a fake persona and that he's really just a miserable egomaniac in real life. Christie coddling him and pretending to be interested in his life stories just adds to his ego and adds to the irritation of the listeners.

I don't understand why the callers haven't just gone full troll mode on him. It's almost impossible to call him up and state your own opinion or ask for his opinion without him talking down to you like you're stupid. Call him up with the same attitude and give it right back to him and see how he likes it.
Yeah the caller was commenting on how happy Vlade looked and how he (the caller) was glad to see Vlade being happy about how things are going. I heard that same call. I just thought it was ridiculous on Grant's part to be such an ass when we are all enjoying this ride and happy to see the front office looking happy too.

Edit: to expand on what you said toward the end, yes Doug does act like that little dog Chester next to Spike in the looney tunes cartoons. Complimenting his wife Starr, being over joyed at all his stories and tales and what have you. I like Doug, I think he brings a nerdy enthusiasm and educated take (Pepperdine) but I think he likes the job too much to create a dynamic that will make Grant feel uncomfortable (and I dont really blame him).

Doug does try to reel him in and he does tend to stick up for Webber when Grant goes full gingerd**k-nosoul mode. But I tend to agree with MattyB, Grant needs to be slapped. He should NOT talk about the players the way he does. This ain't New York where everybody is an butthead because life just sucks and the weather is worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the caller was commenting on how happy Vlade looked and how he (the caller) was glad to see Vlade being happy about how things are going. I heard that same call. I just thought it was ridiculous on Grant's part to be such an ass when we are all enjoying this ride and happy to see the front office looking happy too.
Yeah I mean the guy didn't really have much to say but at least just respond with something like we're all excited too man and can't wait to see what happens as the season goes on. No need to pee right into the guy's Cheerios just because he's happy.

No I agree with you, he has been much better. But Thurs when taking calls he was just so much more rude than he has been at any point since Doug joined him. People would say "Hey guys how ya doing" and he would let silence happen for a good 3 or 4 seconds before replying "we're fine, go ahead". It was vintage Grant but not in a good way.

I side with Barnes here. We all know how Grant is by now. You can say many things about Barnes, but I still have love for him. Everytime that I have run into him, he's been nothing but nice. Even like maybe a month or so ago I ran into him at a bar/restaurant in old town fair oaks. He was really cool and chit chatted with me and my friends for a while and the company that he kept was really chill, nice people.

I side with Barnes here. We all know how Grant is by now. You can say many things about Barnes, but I still have love for him. Everytime that I have run into him, he's been nothing but nice. Even like maybe a month or so ago I ran into him at a bar/restaurant in old town fair oaks. He was really cool and chit chatted with me and my friends for a while and the company that he kept was really chill, nice people.
Matty is just like Boogie. Doesn't respect two-faced, fake people.

When Peaches has verbally attacked players in the past -- Boogie specifically -- he'll point out all the numerous 'red flags' or instances of boorish behavior as proof that they are bad seeds and need to go.

Well, that game can be played against Peaches too. CWebb, Bobby Jackson, Boogie, Matt Barnes. Just to name a few.

The common denominator is Peaches. He runs his mouth too much.

That is lame as hell.

Pretty sure if Barnes slapped him a big cloud of dust would appear like KG or LeBron with the powder warmup ritual.

On the real tho Barnes got custody of his kids, his ex-wife is a lunatic, as crazy as Barnes is/might be, she's crazier, so I hope he doesn't slap Grant just so he doesn't get in trouble.

TV Grant and Radio Grant behave very differently and frankly it's a bit of a disservice to everyone for him to be playing dual roles like that.
The thing is he doesn't even have to do it. He thinks that's what generates ratings but this is a one horse town, people are gonna listen to the Kings radio show. But I'll tell you what, I know MANY more people that don't listen to him on principle. Doug is like an intervention though. But seriously Grant could have still been his spicy New York self without talking crap about players on air. The players are right here. Grant doesn't seem like the apologizing type however.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is what bugs me the most about Grant:

He acts like it's a compliment for a TEAM play-by-play guy to be so indifferent you cannot tell he's for the home team. Sorry, but that's for the TNT and ESPN guys. The KINGS announcer should be identifiable IMHO. This is part of the reason I don't think it's right to have him wearing two different hats (in our eyes). I suspect he thinks he's always Grant the Radio Guy.