Mass firing of Kings training staff? (split from Bogs/Beli thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also another issue with The Kings mass firing the training staff. I never heard anything about Bogdan being cleared to play by Kings training staff. Seems like he was on his own in terms of rehab. Not a good look.

This is also another issue with The Kings mass firing the training staff. I never heard anything about Bogdan being cleared to play by Kings training staff. Seems like he was on his own in terms of rehab. Not a good look.
“.... mass firing of trainimg staff ... “(Kings).

Poetic license? Grounds for banning from the Board? Gross disrespect!

“.... mass firing of trainimg staff ... “(Kings).

Poetic license? Grounds for banning from the Board? Gross disrespect!
Did the Kings not fire almost everyone on the training staff this summer? Or is that Fake News?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the Kings not fire almost everyone on the training staff this summer? Or is that Fake News?
Outside of Pete Youngman stepping down, I don't remember hearing about any other changes to the training staff.
https://www.nba.com/kings/kings-announce-basketball-operations-additions-and-promotions

The new additions include Teena Murray as Senior Director of Athlete Health and Performance, where she will lead the Kings sports medicine, athletic training and strength and conditioning disciplines. Additional hires to the Athlete Performance staff include Mike Roncarati as Head of Prevention and Reconditioning, Joe Resendez as Head Athletic Trainer and Jesse Green as Performance Analyst.

The Kings probably approved of his play in Europe, and I'm sure he's following protocol with the rehab. However, even if the regular season is still over a month and a half away, you can't afford setbacks during the recovery process.

It’s not like context is booming these days. There hasn’t been a post in the transaction form in a month ... and that post proposed trading for Draymond Green. Yet, nobody suggested expelling that person for the level of speculation.

There is a Bagley convo in the Skal thread, old track stories, a lot of random stuff with no moderation.

And this thread is carved out of what’s now an injury thread because it gave some moderator a sad. Lol, same old crap here 12 years running

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It’s not like context is booming these days. There hasn’t been a post in the transaction form in a month ... and that post proposed trading for Draymond Green. Yet, nobody suggested expelling that person for the level of speculation.

There is a Bagley convo in the Skal thread, old track stories, a lot of random stuff with no moderation.

And this thread is carved out of what’s now an injury thread because it gave some moderator a sad. Lol, same old crap here 12 years running
I don't get it. This kind of woe-is-us whining about unknowable internal team dynamics is right up your alley. It gets split off to its own thread with a proper title, giving it actually more prominence than it previously had, and you still find a way to complain about it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I moved this to its own thread for one reason - it is a different topic than the injury thread. If the entire training staff of the Kings was fired, why wouldn't it deserve its own thread? Considerring what's gone on with other high-profile departures, this is potentially a much more relevant thread than the one it was split from.

I moved this to its own thread for one reason - it is a different topic than the injury thread.
You think the change regarding some of staff that will treat Bogdan's injury is a completely different topic than his injury? Really?

If so, moreso than the copious posts about Bagley's future that's hijacked the Skal thread?

Moreso, than 20 year old track stories?

Because it sure seems like cutting out content you don't enjoy from threads you do enjoy ... which is happens a lot around here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You think the change regarding some of staff that will treat Bogdan's injury is a completely different topic than his injury? Really?

If so, moreso than the copious posts about Bagley's future that's hijacked the Skal thread?

Moreso, than 20 year old track stories?

Because it sure seems like cutting out content you don't enjoy from threads you do enjoy ... which is happens a lot around here.
I knew you'd argue rather than accept my explanation. And I can live with that.

As far as the Skal thread goes, it was too far gone by the time I noticed it. You may not understand, but we mods have lives too and we do not spend every waking hour of our day here at KF.

Cutting out content I don't enjoy from threads I do enjoy? You got me. That's been my raison d'etre for the past 17 years. Congratulations on finally unmasking me.

Have a nice day.

You know what else happens a lot around here? You pitching a conspiracy theory angle to many of the topics you reply (or start).

I've liked and agreed with some of your takes over the years, but I think I'd be in shock if you weren't dumpster diving for a negative story or spin on ownership, the front office, arena news, players, etc.

Sometimes I believe you're the 2nd coming of R.E. Graswich masquerading around this site with a television producer/comedians name.

It’s making statements about why you did it THIS TIME that seem VERY disingenuous
You accusing somebody of being disingenuous seems awfully rich to me.

The mods splitting the topics isn't that big of a freaking deal. Nothing to get this much in a twist over. I've questioned @VF21 about posts I've made over the years that got merged, deleted, whatever ... but move on once I get an explanation --- whether I agree with it or not. Because in reality, they don't even owe us that.

Last edited:
Good point. This forum typically and objectively addresses the issue with this team over 12 years.

Plus, there really haven’t been that many issues
You know what else happens a lot around here? You pitching a conspiracy theory angle to many of the topics you reply (or start).
A conspiracy is a secret plan. My points are Kings are not well run or well owned. That's not a secret .... and frankly it's not objectively in dispute outisde groups like this either.

Status
Not open for further replies.