Malone fired

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Wow, unless Cuz is on board, this could be a huge mistake. Beyond huge.

You don't fire a coach who started 9-5, then saw his best player go out with a viral infection and not give him a chance to pull it back together when Cuz returns in, which it appears will be pretty soon.

This is a gross overreaction by Vivek/PDA and a complete overestimation of the talent this squad has.

Actually, on its face, this is just ****ing nuts.

Wow... I'm shocked. I mean, I didn't always agree with his rotations or his in game adjustments, and I've stated recently that I think Corbin is more important than we may realize to our success.. but I wasn't at the point where I thought he should be gone. I think this is too early to let him go.... gah

Wow, unless Cuz is on board, this could be a huge mistake. Beyond huge.

You don't fire a coach who started 9-5, then saw his best player go out with a viral infection and not give him a chance to pull it back together when Cuz returns in, which it appears will be pretty soon.

This is a gross overreaction by Vivek/PDA and a complete overestimation of the talent this squad has.

Actually, on it's face, this is just ****ing nuts.
Couldn't agree more with this. We looked like a team for once, and we had caught the attention of the rest of the league. Not a good time to blow it up

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
· 12m12 minutes ago
Continuing on @WojYahooNBA Malone firing news, source said Kings mgmt was disappointed with the player development, game plans & adjustments

the bold part i totally understand. But i think considering the record before DMC went out, and the fact our starting lineup was #1 defense in the league for a while, i think Pete should have been on the hot seat more than Malone

Wow... I'm shocked. I mean, I didn't always agree with his rotations or his in game adjustments, and I've stated recently that I think Corbin is more important than we may realize to our success.. but I wasn't at the point where I thought he should be gone. I think this is too early to let him go.... gah
Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
· 12m12 minutes ago
Continuing on @WojYahooNBA Malone firing news, source said Kings mgmt was disappointed with the player development, game plans & adjustments

the bold part i totally understand. But i think considering the record before DMC went out, and the fact our starting lineup was #1 defense in the league for a while, i think Pete should have been on the hot seat more than Malone
Our best player is gone for crying out loud!!!
If thats all there is to it then some of the people here are right. We may have a very meddlesome owner on our hands.

Or he's going to make a play for Harbaugh.

The people reading into those comments from malone don't seem so silly now do they?

I think this answers the question of what PDA and Vivek think of the team they put together.

Those truly felt like the last words out of the coach last night.

I don't agree at all, but last night felt like the last straw. Impulsive stupidity from the front office.

Boogie better LOVE Ty Corbin

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Wow... I've been more than down on Malone since DMC went out, but never saw this coming. Ty Corbin has shown to be component. so I guess that's good?

Unless there is something else going on that we dont know about, this is some low garbage from Management.. Not even Popovich could coach this DMC-less turd of a team to respectability.
All I have to say is wow...

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
For what it's worth:

Aaron Bruski ‏@aaronbruski 11m11 minutes ago
Sources have persistently said Pete D’Allesandro and management have been looking at removing Malone for a while.

Most important question is which philosophy did Malone represent. The defensive, physical, grind it out style or the up and down, small ball, fast breaking style. There's a split in our organization, been obvious for awhile. Which side remains? That will define our future.

Our best player is gone for crying out loud!!!
If thats all there is to it then some of the people here are right. We may have a very meddlesome owner on our hands.

i agree. i think it's insane.

Just saying, he hasn't done a stellar job lately. He's had 9 games to adjust to Cuz being out, and he hasn't