Magic @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Entity said:
I just noticed that Songalia and Thomas had 5 assist between them. Webber averaged 6 a game from the PF spot. We have 5 now midway through the 2nd. by the way Peja is getting alot of layups.
He is moving and he plays with Bibby

Mike is too slow to ever be a real good defender, he just needs to slack off most guys and give up the jumpshot rather than the drive. Still he's been amazing lately, really forming into a complete point guard.

I hope Evans gets a longer run in the second half and they don't try to keep forcing it to Corliss.

VF21 said:
Am I sure that I'm proud of Peja? Um, yes. He is all over the place and he's contributing BIG TIME. It's not about the board; Thomas and Skinner are handling the boards. Peja is doing a GREAT JOB TONIGHT!!!

Crvena - Follow my play-by-play thread. It's faster than what you're watching and gives you more detail.

:D
good to know... i cant watch the game.. just looking at the box score....

61.7% shooting for a half, that is awesome

what is the reason it is so high, bad defense or overwhelming offense?

sorry for the question, i am forced to watch this game on courtside live on nba.com

p.s. glad to see peja with the high 1st half numbers

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My take on Peja, for what it's worth:

Peja is playing like he was playing last year before Webber came back only BETTER. This is the best I have seen him play in a LONG time. He is involved. He's working with his team-mates. Thomas has set a couple of screens for him that have worked out quite well. Peja and Bibby and Cat are passing to each other, working to find the open shot. Peja is passing inside to Darius and Thomas. I have been very critical of Peja Stojakovic. What I'm seeing tonight is a dedicated player who has his mind on his game. I am very proud of him.

TXSactoFan - Try the PBP thread.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Chris Cobb said:
61.7% shooting for a half, that is awesome

what is the reason it is so high, bad defense or overwhelming offense?

sorry for the question, i am forced to watch this game on courtside live on nba.com

p.s. glad to see peja with the high 1st half numbers
Good cohesive offense, passing the ball, not taking quick shots, and giving the ball to the player with the BEST look.

Peja looks better and is playing better, because he is moving around the court and being reactive, proactive and just any sort of act that is not the standing serbian we'd been seeing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings with an assist/turnover ratio of 17/4. That is SUH-WEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

And King Tut is obviously getting better and better with every minute of PT.

Whoooooooooooo!!

But it is important to gain some confidence by beating a decent orlando team that has i think two all stars. Grant hill and steve francis .I am really happy to see peja getting involved , we need him to step up his game to win in close games.

bibbinator said:
Not to rain on the parade, but we ought to beat Orlando with all the problems they've been having lately, and at Arco.

Losing to Houston in our condition was no surprise, losing to Orlando would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.