Magic @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It could have been much, much, much, much worse. I would have loved for the Kings to win but I can live with a loss that is at least competitive...at least for now.

piksi

Hall of Famer
To add insult to injury Pacers are losing right now too.

Damn - what a horrible night and the forcast for tomorrow isn't better either

Yeah, how dare we lose at the last second to a 26 foot three after battling the #1 team in the East to a tie with only seconds left?

:rolleyes:
haha, I'm surprised we were still even close after Orlando shot 13% better from the field... Another really bad game from behind the arc for us too 3-16 :eek:

Last edited:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. S£im Citrus

And I think that you are 1) grossly underestimating [Orlando], and 2) grossly overestimating us.

That's your prerogative. You're wrong, but that's your prerogative. :rolleyes:

If we can't beat the Magic, then we're a lot worse off than I hoped.

What's this? A neener, neener?

Like I said, if we couldn't beat that team last night, we have a lot more problems than I thought.

You can't tell me that the Magic are a great team. We had that game easily but for our own stupid turnovers and missed wide open shots.

The Magic are a good team, for an Eastern Conference team.

The Kings, I thought, were a Western Conference playoff team.

However, if we can't manage to stop anybody and we can't seem to play with an organized offense, then we can't beat anybody but cellar dwellars and we won't make the playoffs.

Forgive me for being a fan of my team and having some optimism that we would beat a team we should have beaten.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Like I said, if we couldn't beat that team last night, we have a lot more problems than I thought.

You can't tell me that the Magic are a great team. We had that game easily but for our own stupid turnovers and missed wide open shots.

However, if we can't manage to stop anybody and we can't seem to play with an organized offense, then we can't beat anybody but cellar dwellars and we won't make the playoffs.

Forgive me for being a fan of my team and having some optimism that we would beat a team we should have beaten.
You really need to let this one go I am afraid. These are not the same Magic.

Orlando is young. They are also 14-5, huge, and beating the snot out of BOTH conferences this year (now 7-2 vs. the West). Won 4 of 5 so far on this west coast trip. I'm not going to accuse them of being great, because they do not have that focus, swagger, self assuredness yet, and might still be able to be had by a top team. But they might be well on the way toward greatness even if they aren't there yet. Combined with their closing rush last year they are something like 30-10 in their last 40 games. That's a 75% win percentage, and 60 win pace. Even if they come back to Earth, I would surprised to see them win less than 50 barring some major injuries.

You take Ron out of our lineup, and teh Magic are just flat out better than us. Better. Bigger. Better balanced. And with a brighter future with those super kids. We did well to compete, and our best hope was that it was at Arco and that the Magic was on a back to back. Not enough in the end.

Last edited:
You really need to let this one go I am afraid. These are not the same Magic.

Orlando is young. They are also 14-5, huge, and beating the snot out of BOTH conferences this year (now 7-2 vs. the West). Won 4 of 5 so far on this west coast trip. I'm not going to accuse them of being great, because they do not have that focus, swagger, self assuredness yet, and might still be able to be had by a top team. But they might be well on the way toward greatness even if they aren't there yet. Combined with their closing rush last year they are something like 30-10 in their last 40 games. That's a 75% win percentage, and 60 win pace. Even if they come back to Earth, I would surprised to see them win less than 50 barring some major injuries.

You take Ron out of our lineup, and teh Magic are just flat out better than us. Better. Bigger. Better balanced. And with a brighter future with those super kids. We did well to compete, and our best hope was that it was at Arco and that the Magic was on a back to back. Not enough in the end.
No doubt the Magic are better than last season. They only won 36 games last season.

I was under the perhaps false impression that the Kings were a playoff team this year and if so, should have beaten that Magic team last night. And almost did but for what seem largely to be our own failures.

When calling a team "great" or "good" or "decent", all those words need to be defined. I see Orlando as a good team today, and certainly the potential to be a great team in the future. But we aren't playing them in the future yet. Last night, we should have won that game.

Unless, we really do suck. Which, as a fan, I'm still hoping isn't true.

The Magic are better than the Kings right now. What I hope for as a fan for the Kings is the playoffs (I think). What I really feel, is the Kings this year are a team that will be lucky to squeak into the playoffs.

(I think) because I'm not so sure I want to squeak into 8th, especially if we back in, and get creamed in the first round. Maybe rather have a crack at a lottery player. *sigh*

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member

It may interest you to know that the Magic had more turnovers than us. Just accept that they are a better team right now, and move on with your life.

Like I said yesterday, you underrated them, and overrated us. It happens. But you continuing to deny what you saw with your own two eyes is just bad form.

Status
Not open for further replies.