Looks like Darren might be done for the season..

Trading for Andre Miller may have been one of the best things ever. Get rid of a terrible 2 year-Sessions, plus cash considerations...for Andre Miller. Even at 38, Andre Miller is our best passer/distributor.

Sad to see Collison out, but hopefully he recovers soon. I think this opens a lot of opportunities for Ray and potentially Nik.

While it is listed as a hip flexor strain, I thought I heard him say it was compounded/preceded by an abdominal muscle strain?

On the web, it says :
Prognosis of a hip flexor strain
With appropriate management, patients with a minor hip flexor strain can usually recover in one to three weeks. With larger tears, recovery may take four to eight weeks or longer depending on the severity.

crap there goes my ".500 under Karl" bet :(

but it is a blessing in disguise for the team because the kids can get minutes for the rest of the season.
Oh, but wouldn't it be so thrilling if the kid and the old man bring the Kings home down the stretch to >.500 record?
Wouldn't that make the victories even sweeter? :D

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
The season was shot to crap anyway, so the silver lining is that both Ray and Little Stockton now have the best opportunity they will ever get to develop their potential with Walberg and Miller... ought to give us a good shot at having at least one solid back up for next season.

Last edited:
Blessing in disguise.

We develop a prospect in Ray more, let Miller teach and run the show for the others.

Will be better off next season for this, provided Collison makes a full recovery.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I actually want to see what Ray can do in these remaining games as a starter and see if we have anything in him moving forward. Darren can have all the time and come back 100% for next season. curious....is Darren injury prone? I don't remember him missing too many games for LA, he might of missed some for Dallas and Indiana but I don't know the extent of it.

Dang, hate to see this for Darren. He was a great piece for us this year and I love what he brings to the table day in and day out.

Rest up and get well soon Darren

If Karl feels like he wants a point guard he can rely on, and wants Ty Lawson (and his expensive contract).....
Then this is the worst thing for Darren, because he can't show Karl what he can do.

Collison may well be overlooked by Karl (and therefore the FO) because of this injury.

Is Lawson realistically worth $12 million compared to Collison's $5 million?
I'd rather see that money spent on upgrading other positions, and I'm not even totally sold on Collison.

I actually want to see what Ray can do in these remaining games as a starter and see if we have anything in him moving forward. Darren can have all the time and come back 100% for next season. curious....is Darren injury prone? I don't remember him missing too many games for LA, he might of missed some for Dallas and Indiana but I don't know the extent of it.
Kings fans familiar with the human body, does being "injury prone" have a scientific basis?

Kings fans familiar with the human body, does being "injury prone" have a scientific basis?
Yes and no. In basketball, and in most sports, we're mostly talking about wear and tear on joints, and there is a genetica basis for that. Also, when one injury happens, there is a higher chance of the more injury, due to the stress on other parts to make up for the recovering joint. Derrick Rose is a good, unfortunate example. One knee gets hurt, then the other one gets hurt due to overcompensation, then the first one is hurt again.

However there are many examples of players who've had injuries early in their careers that go on to a full recovery and long careers with virtually no perceivable lingering effects.

So it's basically impossible to tell, unless a pattern emerges. But there are also a ton of things players can do to mitigate risk of injury, such as conditioning, stretching, properly warming up and cooling down, massage, structural work like chiropractic/orthopedic medicine, and even supplements to maintain the joints like MSM. MSM is huge among ranchers for feeding their horses, to keep the animals joints healthy. Ranchers don't operate on speculation. They do this because it works. All NBA players should be taking high doses of MSM. It keeps cartilage hydrated and expanded, prolonging it's finite timetable.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If Karl feels like he wants a point guard he can rely on, and wants Ty Lawson (and his expensive contract).....
Then this is the worst thing for Darren, because he can't show Karl what he can do.

Collison may well be overlooked by Karl (and therefore the FO) because of this injury.

I'd rather see that money spent on upgrading other positions, and I'm not even totally sold on Collison.
Indeed, I think most of this roster is auditioning now for Karl, which is a stupid place to be in and self inflicted, but missing the rest of the way could easily cost DC his starting spot, if not his roster spot.

Here I go getting pissed off again at the morons running the show who have us right back where we were 2 yrs ago, 4yrs ago, 6yrs ago, it never changes in Kingsland. Eternally auditioning people for an eternal future that we wouldn;t recognize if it bit us, eternal roster turnover.

this bums me out. I'd rather 'develop' Collison or 'develop' team cohesion under Karl...but them are the breaks, I suppose. Still expecting wins though ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Indeed, I think most of this roster is auditioning now for Karl, which is a stupid place to be in and self inflicted, but missing the rest of the way could easily cost DC his starting spot, if not his roster spot.

Here I go getting pissed off again at the morons running the show who have us right back where we were 2 yrs ago, 4yrs ago, 6yrs ago, it never changes in Kingsland. Eternally auditioning people for an eternal future that we wouldn;t recognize if it bit us, eternal roster turnover.
You know, you really need to curb your enthusiasm.

completely agree. Lawson isnt worth it IMO

Indeed, I think most of this roster is auditioning now for Karl, which is a stupid place to be
Did you notice the last game where everyone is quite clearly fighting over rebounds, like kids on a high school tryout?

The ball flies off the rim, no opponent is anywhere near, and there are 3 Kings players trying to beat each other to get the ball. That was not the case up to this point in the season, for the most part.
It clearly revealed (to me) there are serious auditions going on, and stats are being over-valued (and probably used to bop the player on the nose in film sessions, etc).

Yes and no. In basketball, and in most sports, we're mostly talking about wear and tear on joints, and there is a genetica basis for that. Also, when one injury happens, there is a higher chance of the more injury, due to the stress on other parts to make up for the recovering joint. Derrick Rose is a good, unfortunate example. One knee gets hurt, then the other one gets hurt due to overcompensation, then the first one is hurt again.
Correction: It was the second knee that got hurt again, unless you mean a much more minor injury to the first one that I forgot about.