Let's Make the Playoffs! & The State of the Opposition

Lol you need to chill. He was joking
It was sarcasm aimed at the fact that I said the Kings needed to win against the Spurs.. Not sure what's acceptable about losing against an old ass Spurs that didn't have Duncan, Parker, and Green...also with 38yearold Ginoboli coming off his balls sack surgery.

I was taking this thread seriously with my responses, but I'll be honest.

Fans here are in straight up denial. This team isn't making the damn playoffs. What a joke lol. You're praying the rest of the teams in the 7th and 8th slot go under .500 and the Kings finish 15-6 or better.. lol that's laughable right there. (Same people who think we'll finish above .500 are the ones that think Rondo actually plays defense)

This thread is a joke...as said with that joke about the Warriors.

It was sarcasm aimed at the fact that I said the Kings needed to win against the Spurs.. Not sure what's acceptable about losing against an old ass Spurs that didn't have Duncan, Parker, and Green...also with 38yearold Ginoboli coming off his balls sack surgery.

Fans here are in straight up denial. This team isn't making the damn playoffs. What a joke lol. You're praying the rest of the teams in the 7th and 8th slot go under .500 and the Kings finish 15-6 or better.. lol that's laughable right there. (Same people who think we'll finish above .500 are the ones that think Rondo actually plays defense)

You feelin ok? lol you seem kinda tense, sir. it's really not that serious. I can't see the Kings turning it around to that extent either, but stranger things have happened. Looking at the bottom of the west, it's not that hard to imagine those teams falling under .500. Have you seen their current record? They aren't exactly world beaters themselves.

And looking at their respective schedules, they very well could go on a little losing streak.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

But it's acceptable for the Warriors to lose one of the biggest upsets in league history. What was the betting lines for each game?

The premise of his argument is they had 3 starters out. Expecting a win against the Spurs is highly unlikely, but I assume he thought the "Old Ass Spurs" team were beatable and is upset the Kings couldn't capitalize on a team playing without 3 starters.

Still tough to beat Kawhi, Ginobli and Parker.

Bricklayer

The premise of his argument is they had 3 starters out. Expecting a win against the Spurs is highly unlikely, but I assume he thought the "Old Ass Spurs" team were beatable and is upset the Kings couldn't capitalize on a team playing without 3 starters.

Still tough to beat Kawhi, Ginobli and Parker.
The move from "ooh -- maybe its possible to win this one" to "damnit its completely unacceptable that we did not win this one, we suck" is the problem.

The problem is that the Spurs play a man or two down all the time and are still 30-0 at home. They sat their starting frontcourt sure, and while it did not feel dominant, Boogie still did take advantage to the tune of 31 pts. So we took advantage of the area you were hoping we would coming into the game. Unfortunately the only guy other than the starting frontcourt they had out was Danny Green, who plays across from our weakest position, and who has been borderline bad all year long. They might have done better without him. So sure, Cuz was able to somewhat take advantage of their lack of frontcourt personnel, but our little guys collectively got their ass kicked by the Spurs nearly complete group of little guys.

I guarantee you oddsmakers weren't making us a favorite going onto that game no matter who was sitting out. It merely opened some possibility that was not there otherwise.

The move from "ooh -- maybe its possible to win this one" to "damnit its completely unacceptable that we did not win this one, we suck" is the problem.

The problem is that the Spurs play a man or two down all the time and are still 30-0 at home. They sat their starting frontcourt sure, and while it did not feel dominant, Boogie still did take advantage to the tune of 31 pts. So we took advantage of the area you were hoping we would coming into the game. Unfortunately the only guy other than the starting frontcourt they had out was Danny Green, who plays across from our weakest position, and who has been borderline bad all year long. They might have done better without him. So sure, Cuz was able to somewhat take advantage of their lack of frontcourt personnel, but our little guys collectively got their ass kicked by the Spurs nearly complete group of little guys.

I guarantee you oddsmakers weren't making us a favorite going onto that game no matter who was sitting out. It merely opened some possibility that was not there otherwise.
For sure. Would have been great to take advantage and steal that game, but in no scenario were we ever favored to win that game.

Talking about the Spurs, they're struggling against the Pacers right now.

I'm probably one of the few who was optimistic about a playoff spot. But the way we give up on this game makes me rethink if even this team wants to be there at all.
Probably most of the guys already have their vacation planned in April.
So I'll wave white flag and give up.

And please trade DC and Marco for picks.

That was embarrassing. We are wasting Boogie's prime and it is borderline criminal.
Boogie had 40 but he also left Cunningham for TWO wide open threes from the corner. As soon as I saw those two matching up, I knew right away that Cunningham would get a wide open three. He got two on two consecutive possesions, missed one, swished the other when we're up two. This team is full of stupidity, its unbearable to watch.

What does anyone see from this team that can make you think they would be capable of taking advantage of as "soft" schedule to close? They are brain dead stupid, the coach is a moron, they show up whenever they want and can't close out a game to save their lives. They are one of the worst defensive teams I have EVER seen. Just put the 15-16 out behind the barn and give them a mercy kill. Give the fans a team they can be proud to cheer for. This team is the "suicide squad" they were hyped up to be in the preseason alright, unfortunately the players took it in a literal sense, they are their own worst enemy. This is the worst season I can remember, at least other teams had a young core that we gave away for nothing. Now our picks are in limbo from now to when a human walks on Mars. A team full of veterans that will get 35 wins if they are lucky. Just pathetic.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Boogie had 40 but he also left Cunningham for TWO wide open threes from the corner. As soon as I saw those two matching up, I knew right away that Cunningham would get a wide open three. He got two on two consecutive possesions, missed one, swished the other when we're up two. This team is full of stupidity, its unbearable to watch.
So if Boogie is too slow to drift to the perimeter on that play, why not maybe, you know...play the agile 7 footer that's rotting on the bench and have Cousins sit that defensive sequence out? oh I know...no body wants to take him out to hurt his feelings and Trill is practically a ghost in Karl's eyes, so at least there's that to chew on.

Bricklayer

Whoa whoa whoa. No no. You missed what happened.

Cousins was out there as our only rim protector since Karl wasn't going to play WCS.

There were TWO coaching ****ups on one play. Gee shocker. 1) no WCS on Davis of course, so no length on strong side, hence only guy with real chance to challenge a shot is Cousins. 2) instead of having Cousins guard Davis on the strong side, you hide him? all the way over on a corner 3pt shooter.

When Rondo gets beat, those two decisions mean you have no size involved on that side of the court, and because you chose to put your only size on a 3pt shooter, when he comes to help, which only he can do, its an open three. If he doesn't come, its an easy tying layup.

Karl could have avoided that in two ways, either 1) by playing WCS on Davis, so that he would have been in Acy's spot to blot out Cole's drive, and hence Cousins does not have to come. or 2) by having Cousins guard Davis so he is there instead of Acy, and Acy guarding Cunningham does not have to come.

Karl failed to do either. Rondo failed to keep his man in front of him. We lose.

So if Boogie is too slow to drift to the perimeter on that play, why not maybe, you know...play the agile 7 footer that's rotting on the bench and have Cousins sit that defensive sequence out? oh I know...no body wants to take him out to hurt his feelings and Trill is practically a ghost in Karl's eyes, so at least there's that to chew on.
Not saying its all on him, but at that point up two you would expect any player to be able to analyze the situation and know that he can only sag off so much. On the first he was about two steps out of position and on the second there was no one within ten feet of Cunningham. Simply unacceptable.

Bricklayer

Not saying its all on him, but at that point up two you would expect any player to be able to analyze the situation and know that he can only sag off so much. On the first he was about two steps out of position and on the second there was no one within ten feet of Cunningham. Simply unacceptable.
Again you missed what happened. Look above at the screenies. It was Scylla and Charybdis once Rondo got beat because Karl did not have any lenght on the floor and had Cuz in poor position to be able to protect the rim.

K

KingMilz

Meanwhile Memphis without Conley/Zbo/Gasol/Barnes/Brandon Wright/Chris Anderson just beat the Cavs, Mempnis might have headcases but man those headcases for the most part compete.

Whoa whoa whoa. No no. You missed what happened.

Cousins was out there as our only rim protector since Karl wasn't going to play WCS.

There were TWO coaching ****ups on one play. Gee shocker. 1) no WCS on Davis of course, so no length on strong side, hence only guy with real chance to challenge a shot is Cousins. 2) instead of having Cousins guard Davis on the strong side, you hide him? all the way over on a corner 3pt shooter.

When Rondo gets beat, those two decisions mean you have no size involved on that side of the court, and because you chose to put your only size on a 3pt shooter, when he comes to help, which only he can do, its an open three. If he doesn't come, its an easy tying layup.

Karl could have avoided that in two ways, either 1) by playing WCS on Davis, so that he would have been in Acy's spot to blot out Cole's drive, and hence Cousins does not have to come. or 2) by having Cousins guard Davis so he is there instead of Acy, and Acy guarding Cunningham does not have to come.

Karl failed to do either. Rondo failed to keep his man in front of him. We lose.

karl know he is going to be

so he gonna

not hard to see brick. how many games left b4 we see vivek hire the next head coach

Last edited: