Let's Make the Playoffs! & The State of the Opposition

Either that or win a few meaningless games and loose our lottery pick to Chicago.
I mean... it's not an either or situation though. No damn way are we catching up to the tanking Sixers imo. The Kings have sadly never won the lotto...hopefully this wouldn't be the year to. At best, Kings probably jump in the top 3..but not to #1. If we win the lotto by jumping, the Stauskas trade will be one of the worst in the last 10 years of basketball...don't think Vlade would get to be a GM again..ever..

Draft outlook

Alone and not tied with anyone else at 6th worse. 21.5% top 3 We are just 1 game above it now.

2 more wins we are at the 11, which means lose pick. 2.9% top 3

But possibly gain a better shot at free agents and quality coaches.

Nobody joins a train wreck. They might, however, join a team just one piece away...
Good point.

But, I don't think anybody (a good coach or good free agents) think we are one player away from being good.

We need several good pieces to start contending and having a top 10 pick would certainly help.

Call me a hopeless optimistic (or a delusional Kings-struck bonehead),
but I feel a 5-games winning streak starting tomorrow against the Cavs is not just possible, but actually a natural, typical #Kangz occurence... o_O
Hence, our post-season run is still as sound as ever ("The FORCE is strong with this one, master"). At least for another day. :)

But possibly gain a better shot at free agents and quality coaches.

Nobody joins a train wreck. They might, however, join a team just one piece away...

One more point is when the Kings look for a new coach in April (hopefully), the Kings would look more attractive to possible head coaches, if they have a top 10 pick in the draft, that the coach will have a hand in picking.

Nobody needs that.

And by that I mean there are far fewer of those guys around than there are good teams. Always nice to have of course.
Wait didn't the Kingsfans.com clan want to run IT out of town because he didn't play defense? Now we have an even worse defensive PG and now its all fine? IT is 27 years old and has entered his prime, he would have been the perfect running mate with Cousins. TBH the biggest problem with that Cuz, Gay, IT team perhaps Rudy Gay being a volume scorer and that there was literally no one else on that team to help but those three players. This franchise is just incapable of doing anything right. They blow draft pick after draft pick on bad players, when they draft good talent (Tyreke) and very good talent making pennies for his production(IT) they sour their relationship with them and give them away for nothing. Yet for some reason we have started Ben McLemore for three full season now with minimal improvement. We give good young players away and keep the ones that stink to go along with being terrible drafters. Just a pathetic franchise.

Just imagine

PG: Isaiah
SG: ?
SF: Rudy
PF: WCS
C: Cousins

Bench: Darren, Omri, Koufos, Acy, Seth

Head Coach: Mike Malone

That SHOULD have been the base of your 2015-16 Kings team. I'm convinced that team(if he could have found a competent SG) would be in the playoffs right now. Its just a joke the way this franchise has flushed everything down the toilet. Malone would have that team playing with heart, he would get more out of guys like Koufos. He would be molding WCS into a monster on defense instead of playing 5 minutes in the second quarter. Just pathetic how far down this franchise has dug its grave.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Wait didn't the Kingsfans.com clan want to run IT out of town because he didn't play defense? Now we have an even worse defensive PG and now its all fine? IT is 27 years old and has entered his prime, he would have been the perfect running mate with Cousins. TBH the biggest problem with that Cuz, Gay, IT team perhaps Rudy Gay being a volume scorer and that there was literally no one else on that team to help but those three players. This franchise is just incapable of doing anything right. They blow draft pick after draft pick on bad players, when they draft good talent (Tyreke) and very good talent making pennies for his production(IT) they sour their relationship with them and give them away for nothing. Yet for some reason we have started Ben McLemore for three full season now with minimal improvement. We give good young players away and keep the ones that stink to go along with being terrible drafters. Just a pathetic franchise.

Just imagine

PG: Isaiah
SG: ?
SF: Rudy
PF: WCS
C: Cousins

Bench: Darren, Omri, Koufos, Acy, Seth

Head Coach: Mike Malone

That SHOULD have been the base of your 2015-16 Kings team. I'm convinced that team(if he could have found a competent SG) would be in the playoffs right now. Its just a joke the way this franchise has flushed everything down the toilet. Malone would have that team playing with heart, he would get more out of guys like Koufos. He would be molding WCS into a monster on defense instead of playing 5 minutes in the second quarter. Just pathetic how far down this franchise has dug its grave.
Isaiah doesn't pass OR play defense. Other than that he's a splendid "PG".

Rondo is the ultimate passing PG in the chuck and duck era. Even won a title with it. The defense is a problem set against that, but there's a huge PG skill set sitting across from it.

Last edited:

Rondo is the ultimate passing PG in the chuck and duck era. Even won a title with it. The defense is a problem set against that, but there's a huge PG skill set sitting across from it.
Chuck and Duck era just started. Rondo in 2008 would not be the best PG in today's game.. It just shows you how times are quickly changing.

Bricklayer

Chuck and Duck era just started. Rondo in 2008 would not be the best PG in today's game.. It just shows you how times are quickly changing.
He wasn't the best PG in 2008 either.

At the point that Kings fans are sitting around on getting a second "best of his position" player to go along with Cuz methinks they might be getting a tad unrealistic.

He averages 7 assists, the arguement that he does't pass is a laughable straw mans to convince yourself this franchise is better off without him. He doesn't pass as much as Rondo but he's also a much bigger threat from anywhere, is better at penetrating, gets to the line at near elite level and shoots close to 90%. Imagine how many free throws he and Cousins would rack up? He is a workhorse that rarely if ever gets injured, brings it every night, is a true pro. He would be the heart and soul this team lacks. You think IT would allow this team to have those lazy nights that its always so capable of? Between IT and Malone they would whip these boys into professionals. Are you saying we wouldn't be better off with guys like Lillard or McCollum, IT(scoring PG's) because those boys have the Blazers playing great basketball with much less talent than we have. The Blazers and Celtics are teams with heart and soul that bring it every night. We look like a bunch of zombies coming to collect their paychecks on most nights. We are missing a leader like IT a leader like Malone that will hold these chumps accountable.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

He averages 7 assists, the arguement that he does't pass is a laughable straw mans to convince yourself this franchise is better off without him. He doesn't pass as much as Rondo but he's also a much bigger threat from anywhere, is better at penetrating, gets to the line at near elite level and shoots close to 90%. Imagine how many free throws he and Cousins would rack up? He is a workhorse that rarely if ever gets injured, brings it every night, is a true pro. He would be the heart and soul this team lacks. You think IT would allow this team to have those lazy nights that its always so capable of? Between IT and Malone they would whip these boys into professionals. Are you saying we wouldn't be better off with guys like Lillard or McCollum, IT(scoring PG's) because those boys have the Blazers playing great basketball with much less talent than we have. The Blazers and Celtics are teams with heart and soul that bring it every night. We look like a bunch of zombies coming to collect their paychecks on most nights. We are missing a leader like IT a leader like Malone that will hold these chumps accountable.
James Harden averages 7 assists too. So did A.I. If you want to play star you can do that out of merely having the ball all the time.

Thing is
1) I.T. is the same guy he was when he was last here:

15-16 25.0 FGA/100 Ast% 34.3
13-14 22.3 FGA/100 Ast% 32.2

2) He will never ever win anything significant playing that role. There is cap on him playing the star. There was even a cap on A.I. doing it, and he was a much greater player. But I.T. is a talent, but not a compatible talent with other talents. He's alone in Boston, and so he can play I.T. ball, and critically of course with defense its enough to go somewhere. But there's a cap on it. Stuck on those Rondo Boston teams in place of Rajon he would have caused issues, taken the ball from his betters etc. Guys at Rondo's talent level or I.T.'s talent level can't be "the Man" on great teams. Difference is that Rondo knows that and has the game to be a support player. I.T. never has, and likely never will figure that out. Ego won't allow it.

Nonetheless, I see absolutely no point in rehashing old arguments about guys who have been gone for years. IT is irrelevant to the current situation.

Last edited:
James Harden averages 7 assists too. So did A.I. If you want to play star you can do that out of merely having the ball all the time.

Thing is
1) I.T. is the same guy he was when he was last here:

15-16 25.0 FGA/100 Ast% 34.3
13-14 22.3 FGA/100 Ast% 32.2

2) He will never ever win anything significant playing that role. There is cap on him playing the star. There was even a cap on A.I. doing it, and he was a much greater player. But I.T. is a talent, but not a compatible talent with other talents. He's alone in Boston, and so he can play I.T. ball, and critically of course with defense its enough to go somewhere. But there's a cap on it. Stuck on those Rondo Boston teams in place of Rajon he would have caused issues, taken the ball from his betters etc. Guys at Rondo's talent level or I.T.'s talent level can't be "the Man" on great teams. Difference is that Rondo knows that and has the game to be a support player. I.T. never has, and likely never will figure that out. Ego won't allow it.

Nonetheless, I see absolutely no point in rehashing old arguments about guys who have been gone for years. IT is irrelevant to the current situation.
Intangibles, IT has them in spades, our guys severely lack them, intagibles win in this league(heart, professionalism, leadership, guts etc).They will win 50 plus games with IT as their best player playing great team ball(not just the IT show) and we will be lucky to get to 35, nuff said, end of story.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Intangibles, IT has them in spades, our guys severely lack them, intagibles win in this league(heart, professionalism, leadership, guts etc).They will win 50 plus games with IT as their best player playing great team ball(not just the IT show) and we will be lucky to get to 35, nuff said, end of story.
Yes, IT is their best player. That doesn't work on the Kings unless we unload Boogie to make room for IT.

For everyone that asked how good of a job Malone is doing in Denver. Just look up above us in the standings. And that's with a team that is no where as talented as us.
They have young talented players. Jokic is going to be very good, Harris is looking like a very good 2 way 3 and D + a little more SG, Mudiay is figuring stuff out as he goes, Malone is giving those boys minutes and they are really starting to respond, Nurkic has had injuries but we saw last year he has tons of promise. Plus they have two nice pieces in Faried and Gallo and some pretty good vets in Nelson, Augustine to help those young guys. They also are going to likely have three first round picks this year to add to their core. Oh and the Russell/Clarkson/Randle are starting to show signs of putting some things together, if they get a Ben Simmons, look out the Lakers could be on the way back. That only leaves the Suns as the only team with a clearly worse future than us, even then Booker has been good and if Knight and Bledsoe are back healthy thats a pretty dangerous trio there. We really have the bleakest future of any Western Conference team.

K

KingMilz

They have young talented players. Jokic is going to be very good, Harris is looking like a very good 2 way 3 and D + a little more SG, Mudiay is figuring stuff out as he goes, Malone is giving those boys minutes and they are really starting to respond, Nurkic has had injuries but we saw last year he has tons of promise. Plus they have two nice pieces in Faried and Gallo and some pretty good vets in Nelson, Augustine to help those young guys. They also are going to likely have three first round picks this year to add to their core. Oh and the Russell/Clarkson/Randle are starting to show signs of putting some things together, if they get a Ben Simmons, look out the Lakers could be on the way back. That only leaves the Suns as the only team with a clearly worse future than us, even then Booker has been good and if Knight and Bledsoe are back healthy thats a pretty dangerous trio there. We really have the bleakest future of any Western Conference team.
Even Utah to me is a starting PG (hell even a good back up) away from doing serious damage they have nothing but 3rd string PG's for years, if this off season they can land a starting PG they will be nasty.