Lakers take out Twolves

Twolves had a huge lead in the first half, and Lakers just shot very well from the three-point line in the second half to take the game from the Twolves. I don't care what type of numbers KG puts up...he can't be considered a front-runner to repeat as MVP on a team that is playing as poorly as the Twolves right now.

piksi

Hall of Famer
What a surreal night.

First DC is gone and then even LAL beat Wolves proving once again that almost every NBA team can beat them

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
4cwebb said:
I don't care what type of numbers KG puts up...he can't be considered a front-runner to repeat as MVP on a team that is playing as poorly as the Twolves right now.
And somehow, in the midst of all the chaos over the DC trade, that brings a real smile to my face...

:D

I thought teams with such great leaders as KG couldn't fall apart and have such chemistry issues as this? Wasn't it just a few months ago that everyone was praising KG and talking about how only with his leadership could a guy like Eddie Griffin come in there and thrive? Now what?

LPKingsFan said:
I thought teams with such great leaders as KG couldn't fall apart and have such chemistry issues as this? Wasn't it just a few months ago that everyone was praising KG and talking about how only with his leadership could a guy like Eddie Griffin come in there and thrive? Now what?
Good point. I like the "Now what?" especially. And, I think Eddie Griffin is thriving, but unfortunately the injury to Cassell, not to mention Cassell and Sprewell crying like little kids over losing out on a some money when they already make kingly wages, has destroyed this team's harmony. Not to mention the fact that Candi-man sucks.

VF21 said:
So simply because we lost to them in October and November we are cursed and will lose to them forever more?
Will the Kings lose to Minny forever, I really don't know. However, losing DC today certainly doesn't help either.

KG can only do so much. The difference last year was Sprewell doing his job and Cassell having a career-best year. At the moment neither of those two are playing up to par (nowhere near par, really). The Egos have resurfaced.

I'm probably not the best to judge them, but KG's numbers keep getting better every year. So I'm not sure you can really fault him.

KG or not, you need good players around you, who can function in a team.

The Laker victory was a beautiful sight, coming back from 16 points down.

The Wolves are dysfunctional and it's very possbile that they will get bounced in the first round again this year.

Lamar_Odom said:
The Laker victory was a beautiful sight, coming back from 16 points down.

The Wolves are dysfunctional and it's very possbile that they will get bounced in the first round again this year.
Thats too early to say, but I wouldn't mind that ;).

Rockmeister said:
Will the Kings lose to Minny forever, I really don't know. However, losing DC today certainly doesn't help either.
but would you say gaining cuttino mobley might? enough of this glass is half empty bull****. come on kings fans. have a little more faith than that.

Padrino said:
but would you say gaining cuttino mobley might? enough of this glass is half empty bull****. come on kings fans. have a little more faith than that.
I never said getting Cuttino wouldn't help, so stop with the bull **** of assuming that all kings fans look at the glass half empty.

Twix said:
Yeah, and Spurs loses to the Jazz too!
oh my god! eventhough the jazz were leading the spurs when i last saw the scores, i gave up on the hope that they'd beat the spurs.. so i just slept assuming the spurs won! wow! that helped cheer me up about the whole situation we're in right now.. :)

and IMO, we need to keep minny away from the 4th and 5th seed as much as possible because that's probably the 2 most likely seeds i think we'll end up in..