Lakers-Suns

Well, supposedly in his postgame Nash said he wasn't even trying to call a time out but Diaw was (didn't see the interview myself though).

is it wrong for me to still hope that the suns can pull it off?

come on! they've (LA) never beat the suns with steve nash in there in the regular season and now they're up 3-1?

i'm so angry!!!!

Bricklayer said:
How the mighty have fallen that they use words like perpetuity to describe shots in the first round of the playoffs with 16 banners (or whatever) hanging in the rafters.
I learned from Phil to stay in the moment.

R

Rome

wow what a game. Phoenix had controll all the way up the closing seconds of 4th quarter and overtime. And that shot but Kobe was amazing. He was being guarded by 2 defenders with their hands all over his face. Amazing. :eek:

Lakers have been playing good team ball on both ends of the floor. Kobe not dominating the ball, and their run late in the season a big part of it. Suns lack of size and defense doesn't help.

DocHolliday said:
There's something seriously wrong with the Suns. There is no way the Lakers should be wining like this.
Exactly.

I sort of feel bad for the Suns fans though because I am sure a couple of fans or more probably threw his TV remote or broke something.

What will make you giggle is if you stop and remember. They purposely rested Nash and Bell during their last matchup with LA during the regular season so we would win and they would get a "easy matchup" in the 1st round. That is damn funny in my opinion.

Now if LA doesn't fold completely they get the Clippers in the 2nd round. A team that also tanked games to finish the season so they could face a weak Denver team.

I didn't feel that this would be an easy series for the Suns. Kobe/Phil/Odom/more size/team d vs. lack of size/defense/inside game.

Would love a LA vs. LA series. Which is highly likely.

Last edited:
Bibby_10 said:
Suns suck. How in the world did this waste of a team win enough games to be the 2nd seed.
The same way that Sacto and Dallas did in previous years. By playing the kind of ball that doesn't work in the playoffs.

A

AriesMar27

Gargamel said:
The same way that Sacto and Dallas did in previous years. By playing the kind of ball that doesn't work in the playoffs.
you could say the same thing about the lakers this season... could you honestly say that the lakers would be up 3-1 if amare and thomas were playing for the suns and mihm for the lakers?

AriesMar27 said:
you could say the same thing about the lakers this season... could you honestly say that the lakers would be up 3-1 if amare and thomas were playing for the suns and mihm for the lakers?
i dont know...i dont know

A

AriesMar27

^^^^ i dont know what you are talking about then because there is no way that the lakers would be out boarding the suns like this with amare and thomas in there.... mihm would be on the bench with foul trouble trying to guard amare... so would brown afterwards....

LOL, would have could have....

Thats what nba is, you play with who you have and injuries are part of the deal, even when amare was at his best he wasnt a defensive monster by any means and his rebounding numbers dont reflect his true potential. Even Tim Thomas is getting so many rebounds just for the fact that there are no other rebounders and he will get the ones that are coming his way. Brad miller collects so many rebounds without even jumping an inch from the ground, the same thing.

If they had Amare or thomas then they are not three point shooters like diaw or tim thomas and the defense will also play differently. It will give them some interior toughness for sure but will take away their three point threat from all 5 players on the court.

AriesMar27 said:
Nope. It's a shocker they're up this far. But then again, Phx was still projected by 90% of observers (biased and impartial) to win this in 6 or less. Everyone was on the 1-7 thing. Now there's a bit of revisionism already happening (bemoaning the loss of Amare, lack of bangers, refs, Kurt Thomas is out, Nash is worn down -- as a Phx paper noted).

A

AriesMar27

Gargamel said:
Nope. It's a shocker they're up this far. But then again, Phx was still projected by 90% of observers (biased and impartial) to win this in 6 or less. Everyone was on the 1-7 thing. Now there's a bit of revisionism already happening (bemoaning the loss of Amare, lack of bangers, refs, Kurt Thomas is out, Nash is worn down -- as a Phx paper noted).
yeah but people are acting like the lakers are serious title contenders for beating the suns on some questionable late non calls.... its the way that the lakers are beating the suns that warant the amare comments.... and thats why i added mihm to make it even.... nash is always worn out by the playoffs... he plays too many damn games...

That last play where Nash didn't get the timeout was BS IMO but the suns still lost that game themselves. Another sun should've called the time out and Nash shouldn't have let himself get trapped anyway. Kobe hit two incredible shots. It looks like he's proving everyone who said Nash is a better MVP wrong.

6th said:
Nash was clearly calling for time-out.....jump ball instead.

:mad: Effing referees gave the game to the G.D. Lakers
Nash admitted in the post-game interview that he never called for a time-out. You should go back and edit your post or something.

BMiller52 said:
That last play where Nash didn't get the timeout was BS IMO
It's been mentioned several times in this thread Nash admitted he never called for a timeout!

AriesMar27 said:
^^^^ i dont know what you are talking about then because there is no way that the lakers would be out boarding the suns like this with amare and thomas in there.... mihm would be on the bench with foul trouble trying to guard amare....
Huh? Are you watching the series at all? Mihm is not even playing.

Last edited:
AriesMar27 said:
yeah but people are acting like the lakers are serious title contenders for beating the suns on some questionable late non calls....
Well the truth is if you guys manage to pull off a upset on the Spurs the West becomes wide open. I don't think any team would really fear Dallas.

How is it that the officiating actually gets worse in the playoffs and even worse again when the games are on the line? It really kind-of takes away from the games when the zebras absolutely swallow their whistles because they don't have the courage to make calls. How hard does Nash have to get hit before he gets a call?

A

AriesMar27

sanvara said:
huh? neither are amare and thomas who i also mentioned... i was talking about if both squads were healthy....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
sanvara said:
Nash admitted in the post-game interview that he never called for a time-out. You should go back and edit your post or something.
People around here don't go back and edit posts. She posted what she felt at that moment. Deal with it...

It's been mentioned several times in this thread Nash admitted he never called for a timeout!
So, besides being a Laker fan, are you the thread police? Let it go.

See my previous comment.

kupman said:
How is it that the officiating actually gets worse in the playoffs and even worse again when the games are on the line?It really kind-of takes away from the games when the zebras absolutely swallow their whistles because they don't have the courage to make calls. How hard does Nash have to get hit before he gets a call?
Great that you've been able to hold out this long. Just know this. Fortune favors the prepared mind.

Jordan pushing off Russell. Pippen's foul of Hubert Davis. Webber knocking ball out of bounds, Kings retain. Malone railroads Drexler off floor to free up Stockton. Zo goaltends what would've been a buzzer beater by Dee Brown in 93 Boston/Charlotte clincher. Malone hacks Van Exel's arms on last sec shot attempt at Delta Center in 97. Incorrect disallowment of Baron's 3 to win gm against Orlando. Bron's travels.

i am so rooting for the lakers against phoenix, kings-fan-obligatory-laker-hatred be damned! how awesome would a kings-lakers western conference finals matchup be this year?!?! :eek: :D

and it would be so contrary to the experts' predictions. kobe is amazing, the lakers are playing like a team. the zenmaster is proving he can coach a team without a host of perennial all-stars future-hall-of-famers at his call (apart from kobe). they've fought very hard against the suns, regardless of poor officiating (every series has had its share of poor officiating). i hope they advance to round two.