Kuzma for Bogi Rumor....sigh

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I love Bogs, but being a national team guy for a top euro team he is NOT going to stop during the offseason when it is clear he needs some downtime. We have the Olympics this summer, so he'll probably be more spent entering next season. We bought low if we can sell high I'm all for it. If we swing and miss though it's gonna be rough. We'll also need to replace his ball handling with the second unit which might be tough, but if we can do it with a guy who is actually healthy it will probably serve us better than matching whatever other offers he gets.
I'll tell you the one thing where Bogs' WC experience is actually going to possibly help the Kings - it increases his trade value. NBA teams have seen what he can be in a pressure-packed playoff scenario against very good competition. If there was a secret before, the secret is now fully out.

If we are going to trade with Philly I'm sending Bjelica/Bogie for Richardson/Scott (don't think you can get that rookie), Philly gets a massive shooting upgrade and we get J Rich on a good contract and a beast defender (most certainly a better all around player than Buddy). J Rich and Generational Fox on D together would be insane.

I don't think he does have more trade value. I'll tell you why. The rookie Thybulle is not going to be a difference maker in the playoffs. No way no how can Philly count on him coming up big in that scenario this year. And Philly is dead set on an NBA championship this year. So if you have a pressure player like Bogs who has a track record of such and you have a Thybulle with no playoff history, Philly is going to roll the dice with Bogs all day long and night over Thybulle. If they trade for Bogs now all they have to do is get him healthy and acclimated into their team for the playoffs in April, May and June. He could the X-factor for them. This would be the classic case of a team that sells the future for the now. Bogs is the now. Thybulle is a couple of years away.

P.S. Another thing to consider is that Thybulle is a redundant piece on Philly's roster. They already have Josh Richardson. Thybulle is a trade chip waiting to be traded.
Why can’t Thybulle come up big? Unless you think you can only come up big on a last minute possession going 1-on-1 ( I hope that’s not what you mean).

It’s called a championship window for a reason. Phillys championship window is not just this year. Their impact on the floor is comparable today, and one will be making $15 mil less per year for the next 3 years.

When did long wings that can defend multiple positions at a high level while spacing the floor become redundant? Has there ever been a team in the NBA who said “man I really wish we didn’t have all of these athletic, 7’0” wingspan wings who are great defenders and shooters.” Maybe you have heard something like that. I have yet to hear that. Having multiple of those guys on their team is not redundant. It’s an advantage.

They’re not trading Bogdan for Thybulle. Go pose this question on a Philly forum and let me know how that goes...

If we are going to trade with Philly I'm sending Bjelica/Bogie for Richardson/Scott (don't think you can get that rookie), Philly gets a massive shooting upgrade and we get J Rich on a good contract and a beast defender (most certainly a better all around player than Buddy). J Rich and Generational Fox on D together would be insane.
I don’t see it for Philly.

Richardson is better than Bogdan. Scott is a stretch 4 as well, but with Embiid, Horford, Simmons, & Harris, where will Bjelica’s minutes come from? They may play him more in the regular season but those 4 guys should be logging all or most of the minutes at PF/C when it’s playoff time.

Then you have the payroll argument again. This trade increases their payroll since Bogdans contract will likely be more than Richardson’s after FA.

Philly should be looking to move one or more of Embiid, Simmons, Harris, and/or Horford.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
But the "state", aka overpaying Buddy, Barnes, and Dedmon and not forseeing this event coming down the pipe and chosing all of those player over retaining Bogdon is a perfect example of MORONIC management. It isn't like you couldn't see this coming. I just don't get it.

Pay him. Stop making dumb moves and eating up the cap. Dump Buddy if you need to. This is such a stupid position to be in.
Management wise I agree but you're assuming he doesn't have a say in his own future. This is unfortunately a time in the NBA where players, even when restricted, can force their way out with relative ease. Monetarily I think Vivek would cough up and not think twice since that true pinch wouldn't be felt for another year anyway.

I wonder if the Bulls would do a Tomas Satoransky trade (free up time for White)for Bogi, he has not really helped the Bulls much as a starting PG, but the guy can play the 1-3 comfortably, high IQ solid defender he's on a great deal. Chicago has a big Serb population so maybe they might want Bogi also gives more playing time to younger players.

I would love Thad Young as well but the problem is we have a lot of PF's,.......

I managed to sit through the Lakers last two games and Kuzma looks really solid I don't see why we would not do this trade, factor in Kuzma was better the last two seasons to Bogi as well and on a better contract/value.......He scored in every possible way/running pick and rolls he's a better ball handler than every player not named Fox as well.

Also if he's traded he needs to get that bleach out of his hair no grown man should be dying their hair blonde.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I managed to sit through the Lakers last two games and Kuzma looks really solid I don't see why we would not do this trade, factor in Kuzma was better the last two seasons to Bogi as well and on a better contract/value.......He scored in every possible way/running pick and rolls he's a better ball handler than every player not named Fox as well.

Also if he's traded he needs to get that bleach out of his hair no grown man should be dying their hair blonde.
Look up Dennis Rodman.

I know I am in the minority but I would be happy to do this trade. Kuzma is 22 and is instant offense and untapped potential. Bogi is 27, injury prone and may leave us this summer. This season appears to going nowhere fast. I would be happy to take on talent instead of losing it.

I know I am in the minority but I would be happy to do this trade. Kuzma is 22 and is instant offense and untapped potential. Bogi is 27, injury prone and may leave us this summer. This season appears to going nowhere fast. I would be happy to take on talent instead of losing it.
Kuzma last 2 seasons was giving Harrison Barnes production (slightly better) at 1/12th of the cost, I think this is such a no brain trade to make for the Kings in particular now that they have choose Buddy over Bogi essentially. Kuzma of last year (which he's looked last 4-5 games) is probably the 2nd best player after Fox.

Despite his poor play this year he's basically giving you what Barnes is giving you while playing 11 less minutes so far who people on here feel was not overpaid and got 20mil per season. It boggles my mind that the Kings are the ones that are turning this trade down than again....last years draft.

Kyle Kuzma is not 22. He’s 24.

I would do the trade if and I say if we make a few other moves. We need solid pieces and we finally have some players that others actually want.

I am not at the point of wholesale change but why not take advantage of opportunity when it knocks. If we could move Dedmon to get out of his contract we may get a few players in return that may not move the needle but at least his money may be spread out.

Beli most likely would not start for most teams but a few teams looking to change some things up for the playoffs could use him.
Hopefully Dedmon plays well for the next couple of weeks so someone may want him.