Kirk

Is there any way we could get him? He would be perfect defensive PG for this team.

How about Mike Bibby and number 1 pick to Chicago for Hinrich and fuller?

I'd absolutely love to see us get Hinrich, become one of my favs over the last couple seasons. Damn good defender, good playmaker, Range out to 3PT land, great slasher, plays hard and with passion.

I dunno if the bulls would go for a Bibby/Hinrich swap, but that team definitely needs veteran leadership. However, with the bulls so far under the cap a trade would work. I personally don't think the draft pick would be much of a factor- the Bulls already have the #16 pick as well as an additional first rounder from the Knicks (probably a top 5). Who knows? If they can't get a free agent with their money, maybe this would interest them. It would be a sweet deal for the Kings, for sure. Plus, the money that we would shave off the payroll by making this swap would free up more money that we could give to Bonzi: essentially swapping our $12.5 million contract (Bibby's contract next year) for Chicago's $3 million contract (Hinrich's contract next year) would net us a savings of about $9.5 million next year- about what Bonzi could command beginning in 2006.

WalMatt23 said:
I dunno if the bulls would go for a Bibby/Hinrich swap, but that team definitely needs veteran leadership. However, with the bulls so far under the cap a trade would work. I personally don't think the draft pick would be much of a factor- the Bulls already have the #16 pick as well as an additional first rounder from the Knicks (probably a top 5). Who knows? If they can't get a free agent with their money, maybe this would interest them. It would be a sweet deal for the Kings, for sure. Plus, the money that we would shave off the payroll by making this swap would free up more money that we could give to Bonzi: essentially swapping our $12.5 million contract (Bibby's contract next year) for Chicago's $3 million contract (Hinrich's contract next year) would net us a savings of about $9.5 million next year- about what Bonzi could command beginning in 2006.

the kings would not be able to save 9.5 million because the bulls would have to include another player if they wanted bibby to make the salaries close...

would make me soooo happy. Doubt it happens though. See with that plan.. we dont nessecarilly need to get rid of brad becase our PG will play beter D and not as many slashers will get to the rim

Kirk is clutch also from what i have seen in a few Bulls game. Artest would like him--they both show incredible passion. It would be very hard for me to see Mike go as he is truly the only person left from the Elite team we had a few years back.

W

West_Gunslinger16

I thought Kirk Snyder the dunker. Bulls wouldn't go for it, I think. They're equally good but Kirk is younger. And he's going to be alot better so it's a no call for Bulls.

AleksandarN said:
Is there any way we could get him? He would be perfect defensive PG for this team.

How about Mike Bibby and number 1 pick to Chicago for Hinrich and fuller?
i would do it in a heartbeat. Kirk is a stud, a future superstar in the league i believe. we SHOULD try to get him in a kings uni.

F

Fillmoe

i love captain kirks game! he plays defense, hits open shots and passes well.... what else could u ask for from a PG? oh yah he hits clutch shots!

Hinrich is definitely one of their building blocks, and I think they'd move Duhon and/or Gordon before Kirk. I really don't see them moving him unless it's a deal for JO or KG, and even then, they'd probably ship Deng off first too.

BALLER4LIFE said:
the kings would not be able to save 9.5 million because the bulls would have to include another player if they wanted bibby to make the salaries close...
What are you talking about? If a team is UNDER the cap, they can take back more salary than they send out. In this case, the Bulls are going to be $15 million - $20 million UNDER the cap. Therefore, they could take back Mike's salary ($12.5 million) and send us Kirk's salary ($3 million). Get it? $12.5 million - $3 million = $9.5 million

The whole "matching salaries" clause only applies if both teams are above the salary cap. So, if the Kings and the Knicks, for instance, wanted to make a trade, the salaries would have to match w/in 25% + $100,000. However, if the Kings traded with a team like the Bulls who are under the cap, the Kings can send out more salary than they take back (and conversely, the bulls can take back more salary than they send out). However, when trading with a team like the bulls who are under the cap, the kings still cannot take back more than 125% + $100,000 of the salary they send out.

So, yes, they could make that trade. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
But why would they again? If they already have someone many feel to be better at the 1, why would they trade "down" for Mike?

VF21 said:
But why would they again? If they already have someone many feel to be better at the 1, why would they trade "down" for Mike?
They want veteran leadership and Bibby is one of the elite PGs, they can also absorb his salary a lot beter than us. We this trade we can pay Bonzi and Kirk what we would be paying just Mike.

I'd also like to see if the Bulls would want K9 and Brad for Chandler and Deng. I don't know how the salaries work with this, but I know that I've heard Brad's name brought up a lot and them wanting him back.

With these Bulls player though, they'd probably want just want Kevin Garnett, but getting Miller, Bibby and Thomas would give them a lot more flexibility and new veteran blood to match up with their young guys. Ben Gordon could also backup Bibby off the bench as he is now with Kirk.

It is a matter of trading some young guys with a lot of potential (Bulls) for some mid year career guys (our Kings players) that should blend with their young guys to give them a good balance. It would be hard to part with Bibby, but Kirk is awesome, young, and has a small contract and Kirk and Bonzi could be paid with the $ we pay just Bibby. Also with the Bulls being so far under the cap, we could shed $9M+ which is huge.

VF21 said:
I see where you're coming from...its hard to see why chicago would use their cap flexibility to swap hinrich for bibby- especially when their highest need seems to be at the PF position. Realistically, with their high pick this year and the likelihood of having another high pick next year, the bulls may opt to tough it out and face early playoff exits for the next couple of years in order to develop those high picks as well as their young players hinrich/gordon/deng/duhon. Furthermore, they may not use their cap space this year at all. In a couple of years, those four players will all be very well developed & command high salaries. If the Bulls want to keep all those players, they will have to pay them.

However, its obvious that the Bulls do need veteran leadership, particularly at the PG position. Other than that, there really isn't a reason for the Bulls to make this trade, IMO.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
WalMatt23 said:
I see where you're coming from...its hard to see why chicago would use their cap flexibility to swap hinrich for bibby- especially when their highest need seems to be at the PF position. Realistically, with their high pick this year and the likelihood of having another high pick next year, the bulls may opt to tough it out and face early playoff exits for the next couple of years in order to develop those high picks as well as their young players hinrich/gordon/deng/duhon. Furthermore, they may not use their cap space this year at all. In a couple of years, those four players will all be very well developed & command high salaries. If the Bulls want to keep all those players, they will have to pay them.

However, its obvious that the Bulls do need veteran leadership, particularly at the PG position. Other than that, there really isn't a reason for the Bulls to make this trade, IMO.
Exactly. Everyone talks as though this would be a great trade from both sides but it really involves just trying to find a way to justify the Bulls getting rid of Hinrich. I don't think they're gonna bite. They're committed to rebuilding and they're doing a nice job, piece by piece. Their young team is growing together and I don't see them trading away part of that to bring in someone who is a veteran player but doesn't really meet any of their biggest needs. They're gonna go to fill the gap at the 4. And unfortunately, I don't see them taking KT off our hands.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Troy said:
They want veteran leadership and Bibby is one of the elite PGs, they can also absorb his salary a lot beter than us We this trade we can pay Bonzi and Kirk what we would be paying just Mike.

I'd also like to see if the Bulls would want K9 and Brad for Chandler and Deng. I don't know how the salaries work with this, but I know that I've heard Brad's name brought up a lot and them wanting him back.

With these Bulls player though, they'd probably want just want Kevin Garnett, but getting Miller, Bibby and Thomas would give them a lot more flexibility and new veteran blood to match up with their young guys. Ben Gordon could also backup Bibby off the bench as he is now with Kirk.

It is a matter of trading some young guys with a lot of potential (Bulls) for some mid year career guys (our Kings players) that should blend with their young guys to give them a good balance. It would be hard to part with Bibby, but Kirk is awesome, young, and has a small contract and Kirk and Bonzi could be paid with the $ we pay just Bibby. Also with the Bulls being so far under the cap, we could shed $9M+ which is huge.
That's not a reason why the Bulls would do it. It's a reason why you hope they would do it.