KingsFans.com Free Agency Wish List: 1st Choice?

Among the big name FAs, who would be your 1st choice?

• Jimmy Butler - 30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kemba Walker - 29

• Khris Middleton - 28

• Klay Thompson - 29

• Kyrie Irving - 27

• Tobias Harris - 27

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Friendly suggestion: frame this as a free agency “big board” similar to a draft big board, and folks might be more likely to play along and not fight the hypothetical. Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
As the poll is coming to a close soon, I will be opening the 2nd version of this thread soon to ask who is the 2nd free agency choice for KingsFans.com. Any nominations for who should be the 10th player on the list? I’m thinking Julius Randle but let me know.
I would not vote for Randle next round, but I would vote for Randle over several options on the board, so he's certainly an acceptable add.

He’s not coming here but Pozingis would be my nominee. Randle, Mirotic and the other Bogdanovic honorable mentions
Yeah, I was purposely leaving out RFA. It started out as which big name FAs would we prefer but perhaps i just open it up to everyone

I'm going to open up the poll to RFA as well. Feel free to give me your nomination for who you think should be added to the "2nd choice" poll as the option that replaces the winner of this poll.

Porzingis = 1 vote

@Capt. Factorial I'll let you vote again now that I have changed the parameters on you ;)

Out of the list, Kawhi.
Me too. I understand the concerns over health and what went down in SA but most of that has been quieted with his performance in Toronto this season IMO.

I think he still might be the best two-way player in the league. KD, Giannis, PG and perhaps Embiid would get a lot of support for that title too. Only Kawhi and KD have championship experience among that group. KD is an underrated defender when properly motivated. But Kawhi is better on that end and both are scoring at an elite level. While KD is the more gifted and pure scorer, Kawhi scores and creates well enough for that not to be a deciding factor for me.

I’ve always preferred 2-way players and since I see Leonard as the top 2 way guy — I have him #1 on the upcoming FA list. Age also plays a bit of a factor too. That said, I can’t argue with anybody that votes KD.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'm going to open up the poll to RFA as well. Feel free to give me your nomination for who you think should be added to the "2nd choice" poll as the option that replaces the winner of this poll.

Porzingis = 1 vote

@Capt. Factorial I'll let you vote again now that I have changed the parameters on you ;)
I'll stick with Randle.