[Game] Kings @ Wizards 3/17/21, 4pm PST, 7pm EST

the Kings main problem is talent and a fan base that doesn’t hold the team accountable. If this team were in Philly or Boston the airwaves would be on fire.
OK, pinpoint what talent and why. It's a little different when you have a team that has been together and has won with the same basic structure on the sidelines and in the FO. The Kings have been a disaster since the dying days of the Maloofs and the cruel joke is that it's only been farther down hill since. This team had little shot of starting anything off on a positive foot not clean sweeping everything after Vlade split. All they have to do is put down the math book and pick up a history one, it could have been that easy.

I legit just don’t care anymore. What a disappointing win. Lol! Battle of the losers. Yep. I don’t wanna watch this team again until after the trade deadline, and there’s a good chance I’m gonna be more disappointed with what happens there. So I guess it’s back to looking forward to the disappointment of next season already. I’m on board with Carmichael David’s we are cursed and we will be forever suffering.......forever more.
eh im not in that camp. We have a new GM that i like a lot more

eh im not in that camp. We have a new GM that i like a lot more
He hasn't done anything yet except pick the guy who fell on draft night which Vlade never did. We will know who Monte McNair is, or heck who he's even allowed to be in about 1 week. We already know that he's either stuck with Vlades leftover head chef or is incompetently allowing him to linger in the kitchen.

the Kings main problem is talent and a fan base that doesn’t hold the team accountable. If this team were in Philly or Boston the airwaves would be on fire.
Philly was literally one of the worse teams in the league for five straight years. Since theycalled it "The process", no one seemed to mind. Kings' fans complain & ask for changes all the time. The truth is that it simply doesn't matter. The team isn't going to make moves based on what the fans want. And truthfully, they shouldn't.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Just got done watching. The thing that stuck out to me. End of game and Walton puts in Cojo and Bjelica when we have the solid lead instead of the superior defensive guys in James and Whiteside. Instantly lost the lead. LOL.
Walton is terrible. James gets some serious run for the first time all year and he was outstanding defensively. James, DQJ and allegedly Woodard as defensively solid switchable guys can’t get playing time. Can’t wait til Walton is gone

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member

This looks like a set play. Fox sees it and he's pointing exactly where the ball is going to go. Westbrook threw it to the right spot but he should have seen that Neto stopped in the paint and stuck there instead of going to his spot. With no timeouts left and nobody open, there wasn't much else he could have done at that point. The play was already busted. Nobody was going to catch it cleanly and get a shot up and if he held it any longer it would have been a 5 sec violation. There's a reason Washington's record is worse than ours even though they play in a garbage division.

Philly was literally one of the worse teams in the league for five straight years. Since theycalled it "The process", no one seemed to mind. Kings' fans complain & ask for changes all the time. The truth is that it simply doesn't matter. The team isn't going to make moves based on what the fans want. And truthfully, they shouldn't.
They were truly tanking for 3 years, they developed two franchise changing talents for one year and have been a playoff team/now the best record in the East once they turned things over to a real GM after firing Hinkie for no reason. I'd take that over where we are now.

They were truly tanking for 3 years, they developed two franchise changing talents for one year and have been a playoff team/now the best record in the East once they turned things over to a real GM after firing Hinkie for no reason. I'd take that over where we are now.
I think you missed my point. I wasn't praising or condemning "the process". I was pointing out that the fan base wasn't up in arms demanding changes when they sucked for several years (which was what he said). But truthfully, if a team's FO starts making decisions based on the fan base then they are truly lost. Fans by their very nature are fickle and tend to respond to things emotionally instead of rationally.

He hasn't done anything yet except pick the guy who fell on draft night which Vlade never did. We will know who Monte McNair is, or heck who he's even allowed to be in about 1 week. We already know that he's either stuck with Vlades leftover head chef or is incompetently allowing him to linger in the kitchen.
You don’t KNOW, we don’t KNOW. It’s just like your opinion man.

I think you missed my point. I wasn't praising or condemning "the process". I was pointing out that the fan base wasn't up in arms demanding changes when they sucked for several years (which was what he said). But truthfully, if a team's FO starts making decisions based on the fan base then they are truly lost. Fans by their very nature are fickle and tend to respond to things emotionally instead of rationally.
they weren’t up in arms because Philly had a more rational plan the endless 8-12 finishes.

I agree with most of this but I will say this. I'd put money on the Kings being a playoff team right at this moment if the fans were able to pick the first round picks from the last 5 years.