Kings @ Warriors Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
nk the man said:
that's right, settle on an average team... we're nice but at least we're not bad?!
we need to aim higher... we need to win this kind'da games...
No one is settling on an average team, but most of us are being realistic in that EVERYTHING is now different. This is a team in transition. It is not the OLD KINGS. Those guys will always be a part of Kings history and our memories but THEY'RE GONE.

The new team is still getting to know each other. They've played ELEVEN games together. They didn't have training camp. They didn't have hardly any practices until recently and, because of injuries, they've only been able to hold a couple of 5 on 5 scrimmages.

This is a NEW team, with flashes of really great potential but it's not a cohesive championship caliber team. Will it be? Who knows but to act as though the Kings should be winning every game and especially ones like tonight's simply isn't realistic.

Tnt abhors the kings , i don't care much for those guys . I prefer espn everyday of the week except for bill walton of course.

SacTownKid said:
I guess we don't even exist anymore. They aren't even talking about the Kings on the post show. Wow. Maybe thats a good thing, I don't need to hear about how we threw up the white flags

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacTownKid said:
I guess we don't even exist anymore. They aren't even talking about the Kings on the post show. Wow. Maybe thats a good thing, I don't need to hear about how we threw up the white flags
That's just silly, STK. Nobody threw up any white flags.

kingsville said:
If you are still not over this game , go play nba live 2005 . Play this exact game to see what happens.

hahahahha j/k
Put it on rookie and kick the snut out of them. One of the best forms of venting around.

VF21 said:
IMHO - The Kings had a HORRIBLE first quarter. Then, they woke up. They dug down deep and they came back from a 21-point deficit. Why is it that people seem to overlook that as though it was nothing??? They fought hard!!! Richardson had a career night and there wasn't much we could do about it.

My God, people. We aren't going to win every game. This game at least showed they still have heart, they don't just roll over and play dead, AND they have room for improvement.

Cat was huge tonight. Had Richardson not gone nuts on us, we'd be celebrating his shooting...

Take a deep breath, folks. It was a GOOD game. Sometimes you lose em. It happens. It wasn't embarrassing, and it wasn't a blowout. It was hard-fought and I'm not gonna get all depressed about it.
Word.

Warriors came to this game HUNGRY. They had so many more energy than the Kings in that first half...which I think Kings (and probably Kings fans) weren't expecting. First Qtr really killed us. 2nd half, Kings matched their energy which is why it was a Game again. Kings had a shot on winning but came short.

We'll get the Warriors this Sunday @ARCO!

GO KINGS!!!!!

VF21 said:
IMHO - The Kings had a HORRIBLE first quarter. Then, they woke up. They dug down deep and they came back from a 21-point deficit. Why is it that people seem to overlook that as though it was nothing??? They fought hard!!! Richardson had a career night and there wasn't much we could do about it.

My God, people. We aren't going to win every game. This game at least showed they still have heart, they don't just roll over and play dead, AND they have room for improvement.

Cat was huge tonight. Had Richardson not gone nuts on us, we'd be celebrating his shooting...

Take a deep breath, folks. It was a GOOD game. Sometimes you lose em. It happens. It wasn't embarrassing, and it wasn't a blowout. It was hard-fought and I'm not gonna get all depressed about it.
This one hedious quarter is getting to be an old story but, I belive that as the new guys get better incorperated the team will execute better over all, but in the ned this team absolutly needs Brad back, and Bobby will honeslty make the HUGE difference.

Make sure you make the trades to make the game up to date . Try to keep the score 97-97 and you have the ball with 24 sec on the clock. See what happens.....

Heuge said:
Put it on rookie and kick the snut out of them. One of the best forms of venting around.

vj9999 said:
I honestly think in NBA no opponent should be underestimated. Warriors were hot early on and any team (even the ones you listed) could have easily been caught off guard. I am glad to see that we were able to turn the game around and over come 21 pt deficit.

I never waive a white flag. No need to accept anything. We have a solid team. New guys are exceeding our expectations. IF we allow us more time ot gel as a team and get to the playoffs, I still strongly believe we have a shot to go all the way. I'm maybe a blind homer, but it never hurts to believe in your team.
the thing is the rockets won here, just a few days ago and this was a huge test 4 us!
well the good news are, we didn't fail this one, the bad news are we got a c-!
we can't go all the way... not without brad and bobby!
and i'm a believer... :) :/

kingsville said:
Make sure you make the trades to make the game up to date . Try to keep the score 97-97 and you have the ball with 24 sec on the clock. See what happens.....
No thanks, I want to see how high I can run up the score.

nk the man said:
the thing is the rockets won here, just a few days ago and this was a huge test 4 us!
I watched that Rockets-Warriors game earlier this week...Warriors didn't even play as good as how they play today. Plus, Rockets were up by 15+ points at one time and Warriors came back into the game. But end up losing by 5-8 points??

I think Warriors really wanted to win tonight's game..you can see it by how they play. The sad part was...they almost lost it.

kingsville said:
I can't believe we are in our about 731 st post on a game about the warriors. We need bobby and b-52 soon !
I hate to tell you but they are not coming back for awhile. Bobby may not at all according to some.

Twix said:
I watched that Rockets-Warriors game earlier this week...Warriors didn't even play as good as how they play today. Plus, Rockets were up by 15+ points at one time and Warriors came back into the game. But end up losing by 5-8 points??

I think Warriors really wanted to win tonight's game..you can see it by how they play. The sad part was...they almost lost it.
Just to add to that, Warriors played without Dunleavy, Fisher was 0-10, Davis scored 8pt and Richardson scored 13.

I agree with the frustration over Peja. He simply doesn't seem to do well under pressure. If we are looking to the kings to be a championship team, why on earth is he on our roster -- especially given that we did some deck shuffling as KP put it? Man to have Webber back (with Skinner, Thomas, etc. still here -- hey its a message board, if I can't go pie in the sky here, where else can I?). Bottom line (dollars and cents aside -- yea, just to shut down some of you, I'm aware that we unloaded a big contract, yada, yada, yada) if I had the choice between watching Peja or Webber in a Kings uniform, I'll take Webber any day -- how many times have we seen C-Webb save the day in the pressure situation? In the end, we need to replace Peja plain and simple. I could give a darn if the guy puts up 3s against the crapiest teams in the league, I need to watch him do that in the big games at the big moments. Sorry Peja, Bibby and Webb school you time and time again when it comes to those big moments!!!

VF21 said:
No one is settling on an average team, but most of us are being realistic in that EVERYTHING is now different. This is a team in transition. It is not the OLD KINGS. Those guys will always be a part of Kings history and our memories but THEY'RE GONE.

The new team is still getting to know each other. They've played ELEVEN games together. They didn't have training camp. They didn't have hardly any practices until recently and, because of injuries, they've only been able to hold a couple of 5 on 5 scrimmages.

This is a NEW team, with flashes of really great potential but it's not a cohesive championship caliber team. Will it be? Who knows but to act as though the Kings should be winning every game and especially ones like tonight's simply isn't realistic.
look, you can't only see the bright side...
ok, so we came back frm being 21 down... but you're 4getting we did it in the middle of the third! that means we had plenty of time to win it... but then came a decision to rest peja, skinner and bibby and that was the turning point, at the beginning of the fourth... since then, we only managed to stay close, thats it! we could've and we should've won this won!!!
but know we're looking on the bright side: well... meeting seatle will be better... yeahhhh, sure!

nk the man said:
ok, so we came back frm being 21 down... but you're 4getting we did it in the middle of the third! that means we had plenty of time to win it... but then came a decision to rest peja, skinner and bibby and that was the turning point, at the beginning of the fourth... since then, we only managed to stay close, thats it! we could've and we should've won this won!!!
Hmm...Warriors DID have a good game if you didn't notice. IMO, a way better game than the Kings. Yet, the Kings still had a chance to win. Even though Kings lost, I do like what I saw.

Twix said:

i don't think so! the rox shot the lights out in arco on sunday and i thoght 2 myself: well, one of those days when everything goes... and i completely overlooked the chance that our d was the main problem in that one... gs scored today like they did cause of our d! that's it! we're not, and we cant call ourselves a solid team!
Dallas and the rox are solid teams... this is why we're 6th and we're looking down instead of looking up aiming to take the fourth frm the mavs or even the third frm sonics!!!

God I hate it when that happens. I bet Jason Richardson woke up this morning and was like. "Today I'm going to finally figure out how to shoot the ball in the hoop just to pee of every one at kingsfan.com"

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
nk the man said:
but know we're looking on the bright side: well... meeting seatle will be better... yeahhhh, sure!
First, I'm not seeing only the bright side - but I'm not living in Fantasyland either.

I haven't forgotten anything about this game. I do the PBP so it's hard to miss much.

The decision to rest Peja, Skinner and Bibby was right on. In case YOU'VE forgotten, Peja is still getting his stamina back after his back and hamstring problems. And, in case you didn't know, Bibby didn't even scrimmage yesterday because of a sore leg. Skinner had been playing hard; he, too, needed a rest and bringing Thomas in gave us more offense.

At this point, I'm not really worried about WHO we meet in the playoffs. As Rick Adelman said, I'm just hoping we get there.

Reality...it's there whether you want to believe it or not.

Crvena Zvezda said:
God I hate it when that happens. I bet Jason Richardson woke up this morning and was like. "Today I'm going to finally figure out how to shoot the ball in the hoop just to pee of every one at kingsfan.com"
He probably did? LOL :D

Remember the last Warriors-Kings game?? JRIch miss those 2 FTs to tie the game. He was frustrated and right after that game, he went back onto the court and practiced his FT shooting. I think the guy really wanted to win today's game for revenge. JRich had a good game today.

Hopefully this Sunday, Kings can stop him.

Twix said:
If Warriors scored like they did today cause of our D...then how did we come back into the game and had a chance to win???:confused::/
the answer to this one was on your signature... one of the lies: statistics!
same thing happened to the rox in the second half in arco! but once again we only managed to stay close...

VF21 said:
First, I'm not seeing only the bright side - but I'm not living in Fantasyland either.

I haven't forgotten anything about this game. I do the PBP so it's hard to miss much.

The decision to rest Peja, Skinner and Bibby was right on. In case YOU'VE forgotten, Peja is still getting his stamina back after his back and hamstring problems. And, in case you didn't know, Bibby didn't even scrimmage yesterday because of a sore leg. Skinner had been playing hard; he, too, needed a rest and bringing Thomas in gave us more offense.

At this point, I'm not really worried about WHO we meet in the playoffs. As Rick Adelman said, I'm just hoping we get there.

Bibby played 33 minutes and I like it for better or worse. We can't drive our guys in the ground like we've done in previous years.

iheartBrad said:
^but like Brick said in his grades i have a feeling we're gonna see Mike's minutes go right back up starting Saturday since it wasn't "successful"
Knowing Adelman, probably yes. The 33 minutes tonight was really more about his knee though. I would like to see him average under 40 at least.

VF21 said:

oh, i'm realistic alright...
peja, rested someth'n like frm 1:33 to the third till 4 minutes or so in the fourth...
too much!!! espescially when all the backcourt subs gave you all together 4 points today(bobby we miss you!)...
bibby? without him out there the decision making on offence is horrible!
listen, all i'm saying is that even without brad and bobby, we shouldve won this onE!
we've got a tough few games ending the season so the "easier" games we need to win! this was one of'em!
one more thang, on sunday cause of brad's injury we had a huge prob with yoa, 2day it was j-rich we didn't have an answer to... who's next?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
nk the man said:
oh, i'm realistic alright...
peja, rested someth'n like frm 1:33 to the third till 4 minutes or so in the fourth...
too much!!! espescially when all the backcourt subs gave you all together 4 points today(bobby we miss you!)...
bibby? without him out there the decision making on offence is horrible!
listen, all i'm saying is that even without brad and bobby, we shouldve won this onE!
we've got a tough few games ending the season so the "easier" games we need to win! this was one of'em!
one more thang, on sunday cause of brad's injury we had a huge prob with yoa, 2day it was j-rich we didn't have an answer to... who's next?
Whatever.

Call me silly but I'm going to assume RA knows better than us on how much time Peja needs to be rested. And Bibby has to have some rest.

Listen, all I'm saying is that it was a close game and it could have gone either way. We lost. I'm not losing any sleep over it. And there are NO easy games. NONE.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacTownKid said:
Knowing Adelman, probably yes. The 33 minutes tonight was really more about his knee though. I would like to see him average under 40 at least.
What's wrong with his knee?

Status
Not open for further replies.