[Game] Kings @ Warriors - Friday, March 16 - 7:30 PDT

I'll tell you once, I'll tell you twice. The warriors ain't nothing to be worried about.

I told you we'd beat them last time and I told you we'd beat them this time. Both times on their dam home floor.

Get that draft pick and get to 8th or 7th. I want them in the playoffs. There is no point, modelling success on them. The league needs to move on
7 or 8 in the playoffs? In what year? 2020-21 season? Who are the Kings leapfrogging? People get way to ahead of themselves. Winning 2 games against 2 teams that are far from full strength. Everyone knows the Kings don’t have a shot in hell against a full strength Dubs team.

Why does this guy appoint himself Tank Commander? Is he leading the team to losses in his dreams ? If he wants the team to lose which I assume he does, he has nothing to do with it besides rooting for the team to lose. Tank Bandwagoner or Tank Passenger would be modesty clever but Carmichael Dave is not so clever.

De'Aaron taking over in the last 2 minutes is not a surprise. I think he was mentally and/or emotionally fatigued after Miami then when it was time to win the game his adrenalin kicked in. He's a special player. When he gets stronger he's a 20 PPG scorer.

12 PPG in 27.5 MPG becomes 15 PPG in 32 MPG. The Kings play the second slowest pace in the NBA. Playing middle of the pack pace will add around another 2 PPG to 17 PPG. Then if you look at his incremental improvement this year and project that out over next 12 months he is 20 PPG sooner than later. It will happen sooner if he can make his three ball at 35% or better.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Why does this guy appoint himself Tank Commander? Is he leading the team to losses in his dreams ? If he wants the team to lose which I assume he does, he has nothing to do with it besides rooting for the team to lose. Tank Bandwagoner or Tank Passenger would be modesty clever but Carmichael Dave is not so clever.

De'Aaron taking over in the last 2 minutes is not a surprise. I think he was mentally and/or emotionally fatigued after Miami then when it was time to win the game his adrenalin kicked in. He's a special player. When he gets stronger he's a 20 PPG scorer.

12 PPG in 27.5 MPG becomes 15 PPG in 32 MPG. The Kings play the second slowest pace in the NBA. Playing middle of the pack pace will add around another 2 PPG to 17 PPG. Then if you look at his incremental improvement as a scorer this year and project that out over next 12 months he is 20 PPG sooner than later.
I'm guessing you don't listen to his show? Your comment smacks a little of follower envy. :p

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I like that other facets of Buddy's game is coming along, he really has shown the willingness to defend more and he plays under much more control. He has a super quick release which should make him getting blocked less of an issue like it was last year and in some games this season due to his low release point. The rebounding and assist are gravy to see, he needs to get to the line more though. He could easily average over 20 PPG if he attempted 3-4 FTs a game, with his three point shooting on point.

Skal will be real good for us when we start running a friendly scheme for our young guys. He should be an exclusive pick and pop guy with Bogdan/Fox and with his shot will be deadly his only post up should come when little guys are on him though. Also he better start shooting 3s dude has a beautiful stroke 3 for 4 let it fly man.

Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, Skal, WCS and Giles how can you not be excited

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Skal will be real good for us when we start running a friendly scheme for our young guys. He should be an exclusive pick and pop guy with Bogdan/Fox and with his shot will be deadly his only post up should come when little guys are on him though. Also he better start shooting 3s dude has a beautiful stroke 3 for 4 let it fly man.

I think Mason is worth being in the discussion, too. ;)

All I am going to say about this game, and this team, is.........

I can't wait to be able to move back to the area (Oh, and I will; you can take that to the bank). Those season tickets are gonna look mighty nice in my possession when I do...;)

7 or 8 in the playoffs? In what year? 2020-21 season? Who are the Kings leapfrogging? People get way to ahead of themselves. Winning 2 games against 2 teams that are far from full strength. Everyone knows the Kings don’t have a shot in hell against a full strength Dubs team.
Won't take much to get us there with the talent already on the roster, just needs time, yep 20/21 Wake up and smell the roses, set your alarm.

A full strength dubs team is what it is. No one cares

Don’t we do this every year? Judge players at the end of the year when other teams are tanking or resting starters and get excited about their potential? Then when our players play a team whose starters don’t let them get the same position for their shots, those same players fall apart?

Skal scored 32 last year if I recall and yet looked completely lost when teams were trying. He played other bigs strong enough and big enough to push him off his spots, or other bigs that actually forced him to play defense and struggled. I’m not saying he is a lost cause as I remained intrigued by his length and shooting stroke but perhaps we should see him play well early in the year before jumping to excited.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Just watching the game now. One thing that I'm proud of that came up in the W's broadcast - Kings lead the league (in the good way) with the fewest technicals this season - only 7!
I don't necessarily believe that that's a good thing to be honest, that means there is lack of fire and passion right now, which is to be expected considering all the youth, but at some point you have to stand up for yourself and hate the opponent.

Well, at least we know our Kings are better than the Warriors — not once but twice — when 2 or 3 of their BIG 4 is out. So there’s that.

Honestly, it is difficult for me to get excited over a win like this given the circumstances of who didn’t play, but at least they did it with Buddy having the big game and Fox stepping up late rather than one of the vets. So there’s that too.

With ATL, DAL, PHX and MEM still on the schedule, we can kiss a top 6 draft pick goodbye. Hell, they’re probably gonna beat the depleted Warriors again at the end of the month. They’re gonna end up with 28+ wins and pass NYK and CHI for 9th. It is what it is.

Hopefully they find next years version of Donovan Mitchell at 9. I think that’s more likely than landing in the top 3 with the #9 ping pong odds.

Philly must be absolutely elated with the Kings late season push toward the bottom half of the lottery. They’re the biggest benefactors of all this. With no top pick this year, the Kings are far less likely to find an impact player thus won’t be much if any better next season. That pick Vlade gave up to them is really, really gonna hurt.

I like that other facets of Buddy's game is coming along, he really has shown the willingness to defend more and he plays under much more control. He has a super quick release which should make him getting blocked less of an issue like it was last year and in some games this season due to his low release point. The rebounding and assist are gravy to see, he needs to get to the line more though. He could easily average over 20 PPG if he attempted 3-4 FTs a game, with his three point shooting on point.
What im most encouraged about in Buddy's game is he is finishing better at rim around bodies and with some contact. I think tjis is essential for him to keep developing a little touch around the basket where he has been prone to slaming it off the backboard witb little feel/touch....he has a strong body but is stiff so its hard for him to lay if up softly. If he can keep adding this dimension to his game along with ability to dump it off or toss the ally op then it will be much easier for him to make defenders that are crowding him pay.

Last edited:
Philly must be absolutely elated with the Kings late season push toward the bottom half of the lottery. They’re the biggest benefactors of all this. With no top pick this year, the Kings are far less likely to find an impact player thus won’t be much if any better next season. That pick Vlade gave up to them is really, really gonna hurt.
lol top 5 picks dont guarantee some bonafide ready to play contributor lol we shall see

I don't necessarily believe that that's a good thing to be honest, that means there is lack of fire and passion right now, which is to be expected considering all the youth, but at some point you have to stand up for yourself and hate the opponent.
Well to begin with I'm not so naive to think that everyone on this board would share my sentiment on this point. Here's what I would add to try and convince you though. For all intents and purposes, this team plays hard and for one another. I'd say that is proof enough of passion for me, and I'd take that any day over Cousins getting fired up, yelling at team mates, taking plays off and getting ejected leaving his teammates without their best player. But there will definitely be those that disagree and think technical fouls are a good proxy of necessary toughness, so it's not an issue that I think is worth debating extensively.

And directly to your point, technicals are probably called more for being frustrated with the refs than wanting to beat your opponent and "taking it to them"

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well to begin with I'm not so naive to think that everyone on this board would share my sentiment on this point. Here's what I would add to try and convince you though. For all intents and purposes, this team plays hard and for one another. I'd say that is proof enough of passion for me, and I'd take that any day over Cousins getting fired up, yelling at team mates, taking plays off and getting ejected leaving his teammates without their best player. But there will definitely be those that disagree and think technical fouls are a good proxy of necessary toughness, so it's not an issue that I think is worth debating extensively.

And directly to your point, technicals are probably called more for being frustrated with the refs than wanting to beat your opponent and "taking it to them"
I'd agree with the part that most of the techs these days are directed towards the refs and more so than ever before, with that said, I'd love to see the refs swallow their whistle more and make the players play through more contact so I won't hold out hope that Silver maybe one day will have a word with the refs about that but that's for another day and time.

Yelling at teammates can be both constructive and destructive but the players enjoy playing with each other and if they make a mistake on the court, best believe you should call them out on it then and there so next time they are on the same page. Perfect example was last night versus Utah, Buddy catches the ball on a kickout from I believe Bogs? and he doesn't shoot it on the catch, but rather waits for the defender and by that time it's too late to get off a good look and immediately I see Temple motioning to Buddy to shoot it, must of done it two to three times and that was good to see.