[Game] Kings @ Warriors - Friday, March 16 - 7:30 PDT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh, joy of joys. Another game I would just as soon pretend wasn't happening. It's bad enough we're gonna have to watch the antics of the Warriors. What makes it worse is the inevitable hero worship that will spring from the lips of Howdy Doody and his friend.

The only good thing? At least it's not in G1C. I don't think I'll ever be able to accept the hordes of invading Warriors fans that pollute our arena. And yes, I'm well aware we Kings fans used to do it to Oracle (referred to by us as Arco West) on a regular basis. That was different. :p

I'm gonna hope the kids put up a good fight. I'm also gonna hope the Warriors have a bad night. I'd love to see the Kings win, if only to relish the anguish of the Warriors fans.

I try to understand the feelings of the Tank Command, I truly do. But I cannot ever hope for anything less than a win against the Lakers or the Warriors. It just is not in my DNA.

As an aside, what I really want deep down inside is to see the kids just totally dominate the Warriors in a Cinderella-story kind of game.

GO KINGS!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
As an aside, what I really want deep down inside is to see the kids just totally dominate the Warriors in a Cinderella-story kind of game.
Curry - Out
Thompson - Out
Durant - Questionable
Green - Missed Weds, no update

The Warriors might be the Cinderella story here...

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It looks like tankology and restology are going to be meeting in the clash of titans in games going down the stretch. You just need to coaches like Popovich who want to rest everybody (once they've clinched a playoff spot) against teams like Memphis who are All Star tankers and you could see the worst of the worst coming down the stretch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Curry - Out
Thompson - Out
Durant - Questionable
Green - Missed Weds, no update

The Warriors might be the Cinderella story here...
Oh, I like the looks of that. I can imagine the Warriors fans being a little upset at all their stars sitting in street clothes. And in my VF21World vision, I see them (Warriors fans) booing their beloved team.

They don't get to be Cinderella. They're the wicked stepmother/stepdaughters whether they're at the ball or not.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It looks like tankology and restology are going to be meeting in the clash of titans in games going down the stretch. You just need to coaches like Popovich who want to rest everybody (once they've clinched a playoff spot) against teams like Memphis who are All Star tankers and you could see the worst of the worst coming down the stretch.
At that point, the league is gonna have to take a long hard look at what's going on. Oddly enough, it seems Pop is tied to both tanking and resting stars. :rolleyes:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
From NBCSports (in the Kings News Links forum):

After winning despite a five-deep injury list Wednesday night, the Warriors will be considerably healthier when they take the court Friday night to face the Sacramento Kings. All-Star Forward Draymond Green will return after a one-game absence to rest his sore right shoulder, and center-forward David West, though listed as probable, also is expected back after missing five games with a cyst on his right arm. "It's a big boost," coach Steve Kerr said after practice Thursday at Oracle Arena.

I agree that the Warriors commentators are way too smug and full of crap. I can't stand them.
The Warriors are a pretty great basketball team. They have size, speed and the best shooters in the game. They play defense. They just need to learn to respect the game better and play like adults. Mugging for the camera gets really old.

I agree that the Warriors commentators are way too smug and full of crap. I can't stand them.
The Warriors are a pretty great basketball team. They have size, speed and the best shooters in the game. They play defense. They just need to learn to respect the game better and play like adults. Mugging for the camera gets really old.
The play-by-play guy is annoyingly smug I agree with you. (I forgot his name but don't care to look it up).

Jim Barnett is okay and more balanced in tone and substance. He is less insufferable than his partner.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Coach will listen to the Tank Commanders, play Sampson 36 minutes, he'll go 20 and 10 and lead the way to the win tonight while Z-Bo goes 2 for 8 in limited time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Love hearing Doug reminisce about the Kings fans traveling to Oakland by the busload to watch the Kings beat the Warriors. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Starters:

Kings:
De’Aaron Fox
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Justin Jackson
Zach Randolph
Willie Cauley-Stein

Not Kings:
Quinn Cook
Nick Young
Andre Iguodala
Draymond Green
Zaza Paculia

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oops. Sorry. Didn't mean for it to be that big. :p

One good thing about the tea? It goes nicely with a "stronger" beverage should it be deemed necessary.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I may have misspoke. JaKarr is definitely with the Kings but Jack may not be. I'll let you know what I find out - I thought I saw him during warmups.