Kings waive Louis King

I had high hopes for King but he didn’t take advantage of his opportunity. Couldn’t hit a shot, made dumb plays, and was dumbfounded when fouls were called. Just kind of seemed like a another low bball IQ.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Call me crazy but I rather have Harry Giles back. If he can hit a jumper, would look great as Sabonis front court partner. Would make for some great passing
Dude’s fallen off the face of the g-league planet. Don’t know if he’s injured again or what. Hasn’t played since November.

——

Edit; Doesn’t look like he’s even on the G-League Clippers roster anymore, if their website is up to date.

Last edited:
yeah he looks fit and motivated. Tyreke is a strong dude and nearly a 7 ft wingspan.
I know we just brought in a few wings via trades, but if the goal is to win now hope Monte is doing his homework.
we lacking depth at guard with Future Davis and potentially Off-Night being out as well. Ramsey wouldn’t be a bad idea if we are going the development route, but if we trying to win we need the experienced player

The think is Tyreke fills multiple needs for this team. He can definitely play the point which was the best place for him in the first place. It was always a huge mistake moving him to the 2 and 3 spot as his primary location. He should have played PG and stayed there as his main position and swung to the 2 or 3 as needed. For us, we need a 3 PG/facilitator on the team, albeit, not as badly as most here think given Davion and DDV are both very good distributors. In fact I appreciate that DDV was looking for holmes (unlike the other guards), but they just havent formed that connection yet.

But Tyreke is big, strong solid in the mid-range and can play 1-3 giving flexibility. He may look to sign with a contender, but will a contender want to take a chance signing him (hasnt played in 3 years). His recent insta looks like he is the best shape of his life and he looks very strong, and his shot looks wet as hell. We arent going to do anything this year, so may as well be the team that not only brought him into the league but brought him back. He could help us in a variety of ways.

Kings don't know talent or don't know how to harness talents. I hardly see him getting any minutes and I thought he is pretty darn good in the Summer League. To me, it's like he didn't even get a chance to play and showcase his talents...and you just release him? O K A Y!

Call me crazy but I rather have Harry Giles back. If he can hit a jumper, would look great as Sabonis front court partner. Would make for some great passing
Giles showed that he was a good passing big during his relatively brief time playing for the Kings.

It’s probably not a viable option at this point, but I could see Harry as a serviceable big man off the bench for brief stretches.

I’m thinking his price tag is quite low at the moment!

Giles showed that he was a good passing big during his relatively brief time playing for the Kings.

It’s probably not a viable option at this point, but I could see Harry as a serviceable big man off the bench for brief stretches.

I’m thinking his price tag is quite low at the moment!
The fact that no other team picked up Giles outside of a brief stint in Portland while we had him as a solid rotation player should tell you the quality of talent (or lack thereof) there has been on this team. Same goes for any hand wringing around Louis King. People who are key rotation guys on the Kings are often end of the bench players on other teams. Hopefully the Ox/Fox era will start to change that.