[Game] Kings vs Wolves Friday 11/9 7PM PT - The Hammer is mildly excited about tonight's game.

It’s kind of sad the Kings are turning a corner and Jerry Reynolds doesn’t get to call it. It would have been nice for him to go out on a high season instead of the past 10 years of nonsense.
Same feeling i have. I wish he’d at least do all of the home games

Doug just ... isn’t very good. And Grant is so good at what he does, he kind of ruins what would otherwise be an exciting call. Grants side commentary is annoying but in terms of play by play, he’s unmatched IMO.

I thought Fox and Buddy quietly had very good games. They didn't contribute in the scoring column, but I felt like they made their presence known elsewhere. They both had double doubles. Fox with 16pts 10asts 4rebs and Buddy with 15pts 10rebs 3asts. I thought Buddy played a very good defensive game too.

Shumpert played great. Ignore his efficiency because it doesn't tell the whole story. We need a player who's not afraid to shoot. That was Shumpert tonight. He played great D on Jimmy Butler as well. Butler was held to only 3-12 FG thanks to everyone on our team. We had a bunch of boneheaded mistakes, but every time I saw that Shump had the ball, I sighed knowing he wouldn't turn it over 5s into the shotclock.

WCS played a great offensive game. Game ball goes to him. I thought he gave KAT all he could give, but KAT is just a dominant monster. Rebounding was not his fault tonight. He was often guarding KAT in the perimeter, or trying to contest KAT's shot. He can't do all of that AND rebound. He kept us in the entire game. Played great.

Same feeling i have. I wish he’d at least do all of the home games

Doug just ... isn’t very good. And Grant is so good at what he does, he kind of ruins what would otherwise be an exciting call. Grants side commentary is annoying but in terms of play by play, he’s unmatched IMO.
Disagree about Doug. He adds the actual NBA knowledge that had long since surpassed Jerry, with all due repsect. Doug provides a level of insight that we've never had, also I do like his enthusiasm. He brings a great vibe. Actually allows Grant to be a little more Grant as well, imo and imho, of course.

Contract Year Willie

jk I think it's more because he has actually improved.
For a long time it was Cousins. We anchored
the team and we built around him. Now,
Its Fox team and we build around him. WCS didn’t fit the cousins team. He fits the Fox team.

It was a risk: give up the anchor point who was our only all star or not. Seems the returns though going a different path in the short term are paying off. We’ll know more in February.

Disagree about Doug. He adds the actual NBA knowledge that had long since surpassed Jerry, with all due repsect. Doug provides a level of insight that we've never had, also I do like his enthusiasm. He brings a great vibe. Actually allows Grant to be a little more Grant as well, imo and imho, of course.
Absolutely. I was calling on Doug to replace Jerry for years (or since I first heard Doug call a game). He’s got a buoyant, younger, energetic personality, which I prefer to the hokey uncle type. Jerry still has a nice job

Authentic Kings fan here. First post ever in any kind of forum. Been following this forum since last year and appreciate all the work of everyone involved in this site.

I wasn’t happy with the way the Cousins trade went down but I have to give Vlade credit where it is due. His biggest reasoning was the culture and we didn’t quite get it. Cousins was a beast but if he didn’t have a monster game we couldn’t win.

Watching games this year we are a TEAM again and man isn’t it nice!

It feels
Absolutely. I was calling on Doug to replace Jerry for years (or since I first heard Doug call a game). He’s got a buoyant, younger, energetic personality, which I prefer to the hokey uncle type. Jerry still has a nice job
Now that he’s starting to tone down some of his goofiness, I really like Doug’s insights. One of the hardest things to articulate is defense and positioning on the court and he does that very well. He’ll always be a local market guy because he’s a bit quirky (like jerry), but I like him a lot better than the dull crap I hear nba league pass

Now that he’s starting to tone down some of his goofiness, I really like Doug’s insights. One of the hardest things to articulate is defense and positioning on the court and he does that very well. He’ll always be a local market guy because he’s a bit quirky (like jerry), but I like him a lot better than the dull crap I hear nba league pass
I agree, I love Doug's insight. Very good at putting a light on all the small yet significant things that normally are not noticed or commented on. I love it. I wonder why he didn't pursue coaching though as I think he would be a fantastic assistant.

The combo of his bouyant enthusiasm matched with Grant's grumpy cynicism is a enjoyable combination too. Grant is somewhat similar to Van Gundy.

KK was the unsung hero of the night for sure, Shumpert/WCS/Fox carried otherwise, man Jackson when he doesn't get scored on can be considered an amazing possession for him, the guy got lit up on literally every play he was in the game. Williams/Bjelly tried hard and did a decent amount of good but also some real awful stuff I thought DJ pulled a great sub on Bjelly at the start for not playing well not that Marvin exactly did much better but still his use of Yogi (should get more playing time) and completely removing Jackson and playing KK were game winning choices props to Dave.

KK once he retires should make a run at the shotput gold medal would be the first of it's kind.

Last edited: