[Game] Kings vs Wolves Friday 11/9 7PM PT - The Hammer is mildly excited about tonight's game.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I thought WCS had a really nice game and we wouldn't have won without him. However, Kufos ended up being a better matchup against KAT. Although you could also argue the relentless running of WCS wore KAT down by the end of the game. I rewatched the timberwolves feed of the third quarter last night. They were all praise for the impact of WCS on the game. I agree the boards need to go up for him, but I think part of the issue with our team in general now is that split second of indecisiveness to get out and run after a missed shot before the board is actually secured.
I think that's a fair point. But I also think that it's just not as much fun battling for a rebound or a loose ball as it is blazing down the wing getting the pass for a layup or a three. I see some guys very conscious of leaking out for the ball, not so much for getting it first. Where you have to give Buddy Hield a standing ovation is that he secured 10 freaking rebounds AND he flew down the wing and got big shots. Great performance by Buddy.

If Willie was good at boxing out KAT, then he would not have been outrebounded 19-5.
You cannot rationalize this away.
Willie got 25 points. Very impressive. But KAT got 39.
Koufos saved the game, with thanks to Fox, Buddy, and Shumpert.

If Willie was good at boxing out KAT, then he would not have been outrebounded 19-5.
You cannot rationalize this away.
Willie got 25 points. Very impressive. But KAT got 39.
Koufos saved the game, with thanks to Fox, Buddy, and Shumpert.
There is no rationalizing away WCS needs to be a better paint presence - interior defender/rebounder to be taken seriously by me as a big pay day or long term option

He needs to be a better paint presence

I appreciate his improved offense and offensive style fit and all around improvement, but he needs to get to serviceability in the paint

At this point, I have a higher opinion of him as s long term piece than I did to start the season, but I hope he’s able to get to paint serviceability.. Now, he’s half a long term option and match a economical restricted deal only (which I don’t think he will get more). Let’s see the paint improvement

The team is good right now and still has so much untapped potential.

I like how they've been able to find ways to stay in games even when Buddy is cold. They're all crazy competitive, unselfish, underdogs and they genuinely like and play for each other. Whats not to love about this team.

Hoping for a big win tonite, absolutely can't wait till Bogi is back in the mix.