[Game] Kings vs Warriors 1/5 7PT/10ET

Strength of schedule is based solely on other teams records at time of game. I don't believe it factors road vs away (we've had it bad that way too), and back to backs, 3 in 4, etc., which were also bad for us.

Kings are 7-17 Against teams .500 and above That's ranked 22nd in the NBA.

Actually, they have the 5th hardest strength of schedule today: behind Utah, Houston, Portland and the Clippers.

I wouldn't say A+ because I think it's clear that GSW can play better defensively than they did most the game. We saw exactly that the last few minutes.

But offensively, they probably played as well as they have all season. A lot of that has to do with the style the KINGS play, which plays right into the W's hands. I'd argue that it actually helped GSW to share the ball more, which is something they hadn't been doing as much as in recent years. They have fallen into the trap of ISO ball. But last night they looked like the W's of old. And if our KINGS hadn't hit 20 threes and only turned the ball over 8 times, they'd have destroyed us.

So from that perspective, it was a very good performance by our team. But the Warriors can play better defensively. Overall, I'd say that was an A-/B+ type of game from them. An A or A+ offensively.
Both teams sucked defensively and it's not even debateable.

Defensive Efficiency as of 1/6/2019

Dubs are ranked 18th.

Kings are ranked 25

Only Atlanta, Wash, Phoenix, Ny, and Clev play worse defense.

This is all verifiable throught teamrankings.com

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Right but the obvious question is why is that? We all know that isn’t Bogi’s natural mentality.
If you remember last season, he was very passive and a lot of people were begging him to shoot more since his percentages were solid. I'd imagine Joerger encouraged him to shoot the ball more and rightfully so, he is a good shooter and a decent ball handler so him being out there to just distribute is not utilizing him to his maximum capabilities. He has a tendency to ball stop and hog but I think that's by design considering the Kings can't score in the half court very well.

If you remember last season, he was very passive and a lot of people were begging him to shoot more since his percentages were solid. I'd imagine Joerger encouraged him to shoot the ball more and rightfully so, he is a good shooter and a decent ball handler so him being out there to just distribute is not utilizing him to his maximum capabilities. He has a tendency to ball stop and hog but I think that's by design considering the Kings can't score in the half court very well.
I would agree. I would also guess but can’t substantiate that he looks worse in the small ball line-up where he can’t get into his favored pick and roll.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I would agree. I would also guess but can’t substantiate that he looks worse in the small ball line-up where he can’t get into his favored pick and roll.
Bogs is good at making difficult shots. Some games they drop, other times they don't. It's when defenses tighten up in the ending of the games when those difficult shots can really make or break the outcome of the game.

Well I don't think the W's can play much better than they did last night. Yes the Hampton Five closed the game and that just shows they had to play elite to win.

Both teams shot lights out so you can say the defense was bad because that fits the narrative:)

Bogdan is playing PG with the 2nd team and sometimes with the 1st team when Fox has the primary defensive assignment. So I expect him to have the ball a lot. He is playing well and I do not see him being overly ball dominant.

I am okay with the Kings' going to some small ball. I just don't want to rely on people like McLemore.
Giles is getting his mind straight and playing like we all knew he could.
I am getting impatient waiting for Marvin to return. Shumpert is missed when he cannot suit up.
I agree that Bogdan goes to the dribble too much. He is a great pick and roll player.
Fox has been subdued lately. He may be hurt more than the team wants to admit. His one weakness is making some dumb passes, and it seems to show up at crucial times like the last two minutes against GS.

I agree. It seems like he thinks nobody else on the floor can handle the ball, only him. He's got to trust his teammates more and move the ball. I noticed this trend very early on when he ignored Bagley when he was open. And while he's losing the dribble-dribble-dribble tendency, he's got to consciously go after some rebounds. He's pretty poor in that area.
while he does try to create more off the dribble this year, im not sure ive seen him ignore open players (any more than other ball handlers). i do remember one instance i think its a Chicago game where Bagley was calling for the ball in the post and Bogdan swung it around to Willie, and Bagley got upset and Bogdan was explaining to him as they were going to timeout that Willie had a mismatch with a small player on him and Bagley was nodding after as in ah ok i thought you were just ignoring me..

Kingster

Hall of Famer
while he does try to create more off the dribble this year, im not sure ive seen him ignore open players (any more than other ball handlers). i do remember one instance i think its a Chicago game where Bagley was calling for the ball in the post and Bogdan swung it around to Willie, and Bagley got upset and Bogdan was explaining to him as they were going to timeout that Willie had a mismatch with a small player on him and Bagley was nodding after as in ah ok i thought you were just ignoring me..
He's ignored Bagley on fast breaks where it looks like he didn't trust giving him the ball on the wing thirty feet from the basket running down the floor. Those are the plays where Bagley can flourish, imo.

He's ignored Bagley on fast breaks where it looks like he didn't trust giving him the ball on the wing thirty feet from the basket running down the floor. Those are the plays where Bagley can flourish, imo.
hm, sounds like plural ie multiple times. kept the ball and tried to finish himself? that just does not sound right not to trust Bagley to do what he is pretty much the best at right now: finish off the break.