[Game] Kings vs. Timberwolves, Tuesday April 20, 7 PM Pacific (10 PM Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I beg to differ. We got a loss, saw some awesome jams, some nice 3 point shooting. Basically a poor man's all star game if you asked me.
We also may have contributed to the Wolves ****ing themselves over and losing a pick in this draft to the Warriors because they really really really needed D’angelo Russell for some reason. (possibly.)

Last edited:
Does it seem like Haliburton is getting froze out? Has anyone even given the kid an assist? He sets people up constantly. Dudes getting no love.
In fact I'm gonna specifically call out Fox and Buddy... the only time they pass to him is when they are in trouble.
Fox is really a score first guard and when loosing he doubles down on that mentality. Why Hali needs to be our starting point guard.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Fox is really a score first guard and when loosing he doubles down on that mentality. Why Hali needs to be our starting point guard.
It doesn't really matter who is labeled as what. If they are both on the floor, they complement each other just fine. If you're under the impression that as "starting point guard", Hailburton should be starting while Fox sits on the bench, well... 4/20 was yesterday.

I beg to differ. We got a loss, saw some awesome jams, some nice 3 point shooting. Basically a poor man's all star game if you asked me.
Maybe I should of added “thanks coach” at the end of my thought? Yes 3 point shots were nice, our defense looked better . And then going into the fourth coach decided to go small ball and obviously it didn’t work and within minutes they lost.

Maybe I should of added “thanks coach” at the end of my thought? Yes 3 point shots were nice, our defense looked better . And then going into the fourth coach decided to go small ball and obviously it didn’t work and within minutes they lost.
Which is all good in my books :)

It doesn't really matter who is labeled as what. If they are both on the floor, they complement each other just fine. If you're under the impression that as "starting point guard", Hailburton should be starting while Fox sits on the bench, well... 4/20 was yesterday.
I think what they are implying is that Haliburton should be the one bringing the ball up the floor and initiating the offense. At this point in the season, and also in Fox's career, I think it is hard to argue otherwise. Fox has a Westbrook like mentality in that his first and second option is to score, with third being to pass. While that is an exciting playstyle, it really isn't conducive to success and it doesn't put his team mates in the best position to succeed either, being forced into uncomfortable positions and bad shots. Haliburton on the other hand is really good at finding guys in their preferred spots and looking for them early. With that being said, in no universe should Fox be coming off the bench. His skillset is dynamic and he's got a dog mentality. We need him too.

OKC seems pretty dialed in. They aren’t giving up that 5th spot. Hopefully Cleveland puts a Wosing streak together
Chris Fedor @ChrisFedor
#Cavs head coach J.B. Bickerstaff to miss Wednesday's game against Chicago because of personal reasons cleveland.com/cavs/2021/04/c…

Cavs will be without their coach. I wonder hiw we would do if Walton took the night off. I can't believe we couldn't find some minutes for Woodard this season. Inexcuseable!

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I think what they are implying is that Haliburton should be the one bringing the ball up the floor and initiating the offense. At this point in the season, and also in Fox's career, I think it is hard to argue otherwise. Fox has a Westbrook like mentality in that his first and second option is to score, with third being to pass. While that is an exciting playstyle, it really isn't conducive to success and it doesn't put his team mates in the best position to succeed either, being forced into uncomfortable positions and bad shots. Haliburton on the other hand is really good at finding guys in their preferred spots and looking for them early. With that being said, in no universe should Fox be coming off the bench. His skillset is dynamic and he's got a dog mentality. We need him too.
Portland seems to be doing OK. There are many ways to skin a cat, and I don't think we need to take the ball out of our most impactful player in order to look like something we've seen in black and white films. As for Haliburton, April has not been kind to him. Look at the minutes and play. He has started less than half of the games this month so far.
He's still trying to impact the game, but it's not at the same level. I think he's just tired.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Portland seems to be doing OK. There are many ways to skin a cat, and I don't think we need to take the ball out of our most impactful player in order to look like something we've seen in black and white films. As for Haliburton, April has not been kind to him. Look at the minutes and play. He has started less than half of the games this month so far.
He's still trying to impact the game, but it's not at the same level. I think he's just tired.
I know that Portland is NEVER going to win a championship with this roster but I would be delighted to root for a team at that level.

I know that Portland is NEVER going to win a championship with this roster but I would be delighted to root for a team at that level.
Every season the kings miss the playoffs and the blazers make it, they are one of the teams I root for. Yes they don’t seem to have a chance against the stacked teams, but I just have to root for Dame and how he always wants to stick with and win with the team that drafted him. No going to a big market to create a super tram for him (for now). Gotta want a guy that thinks like that to succeed.

No Fox was not intended to sit on the bench. Was more roles in the half court.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Every season the kings miss the playoffs and the blazers make it, they are one of the teams I root for. Yes they don’t seem to have a chance against the stacked teams, but I just have to root for Dame and how he always wants to stick with and win with the team that drafted him. No going to a big market to create a super tram for him (for now). Gotta want a guy that thinks like that to succeed.
I casually root for them in the playoffs while enjoying the tears of some of my more annoying friends when they inevitably fall short. But yeah it's easy to root for a guy like Dame.

Status
Not open for further replies.