[Game] Kings vs. Pelicans - 4/11/2024 - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
So is the one that should take the blame for in the building? No idea who that is, it was even a different building back then!
Technically it was (Kingsfans.com super-villain) Pete D'Alessandro who had the GM job at the time but he'd only hired in 10 days before the draft so at best I think he only deserves partial blame. Chris Mullin (head of scouting I believe) and owner Vivek Ranadive probably had as much to do with that decision as he did.

In any case, CJ McCollum has obviously done quite well for himself and Ben McLemore is out of the league so obviously that was another huge miss for our revolving door of front office personnel. I do wish CJ would stop torching us over it though. It's been 10 years my guy!

Technically it was (Kingsfans.com super-villain) Pete D'Alessandro who had the GM job at the time but he'd only hired in 10 days before the draft so at best I think he only deserves partial blame. Chris Mullin (head of scouting I believe) and owner Vivek Ranadive probably had as much to do with that decision as he did.

In any case, CJ McCollum has obviously done quite well for himself and Ben McLemore is out of the league so obviously that was another huge miss for our revolving door of front office personnel. I do wish CJ would stop torching us over it though. It's been 10 years my guy!
Ben could also be locked up for a while

All the drafts you mentioned are out of the NBA, nice lottery picks!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
CJ was Petrie’s last draft. Ben was his parting gift. Of course the tale goes that Geoff actually wanted Giannis but was vetoed. I don’t believe that though.

The year before he was dead set on Dame but Thomas Robinson unexpectedly fell into the Kings lap.

Vlade’s first draft pick was Willie Cauley Stein
You're close. Geoff Petrie's last first round pick was that Thomas Robinson over Damian Lillard pick in 2012. He could only suggest to Vivek and co that they take Giannis in 2013 as he no longer had the job.

Why'd you have to remind us of Pete's existence his name alone is giving me a migraine

Status
Not open for further replies.