[Game] Kings vs. Pelicans - 4/11/2024 - 7:00PM PDT/10:00PM EDT (TNT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I want the guards and wings taking open lanes to the hoop. That's what Keon did, Brown yelled at him...and pulled him out of the game, after he had just re-entered
Did that really happen?
I mean, probably not, but that's sure what it looked like. We just watched a game the other day where the Kings shot 58 threes, and the coach said after the loss that he wished that they'd taken more...

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
Appreciate the fight.

I’m dreading the possibility that a classic Golden 1 third quarter may be in the mail though.

Hopefully all that energy they have habitually left in the locker room during half time at home over this season enters their bodies for this game.

Appreciate the fight.

I’m dreading the possibility that a classic Golden 1 third quarter may be in the mail though.

Hopefully all that energy they have habitually left in the locker room during half time at home over this season enters their bodies for this game.
If Zion can't go the Pels could get a little nervous.

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
Reminder that +/- is a pretty funny stat that doesn’t tell much of a story

Pelicans have led this entire game mostly by double figures and CJ has been on fire.

Unless ESPN box score has made an error. He is a -11

I mean, probably not, but that's sure what it looked like. We just watched a game the other day where the Kings shot 58 threes, and the coach said after the loss that he wished that they'd taken more...
I just don’t get the thinking. The Warriors set a record the other night with 26 made 3s. On 41 attempts. Half of their shots were 3s even when they were at a record shooting %. For us, we want to shoot for 2/3rds of our shots to be 3, even when we’re shooting less than 33%. Really want to see the analysis that says the strategy makes sense

If Zion can't go the Pels could get a little nervous.
honestly we just need to keep playing like we did in that second quarter and we have a chance. Zion left after we had cut the lead to 7 and only cut the lead by one more point in those last 6 minutes. They are getting their threes on the next pass or two after the pick comes. We did better job running CJ off the line there. Must keep that up and keep the turnovers down. Also need to hit our open threes especially Keegan

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Pelicans have led this entire game mostly by double figures and CJ has been on fire.

The Pels had their huge run to go up by twenty with him on the bench. The more relevant thing that happened in that stretch was De’Aaron was out for the Kings though.

Think he was on the floor when Zion and JV got some rest, and we went and closed the 21pt deficit before the end of the first qtr to single digits.

The Pels have made 5 more threes than us, same number of field goals and one less free throw. We are turning them over but that may not continue at that rate. Guard that 3 ball and get those numbers down to a more reasonable level

I believe the 2013 draft pre-dates Vlade's tenure as Kings GM so he wasn't part of the purported (and unfulfilled) CJ McCollum draft promise. Or were you referencing something else?

So is the one that should take the blame for in the building? No idea who that is, it was even a different building back then!

Kingz19

Hall of Famer
Is Divac in the building for McCollum?
CJ was Petrie’s last draft. Ben was his parting gift. Of course the tale goes that Geoff actually wanted Giannis but was vetoed. I don’t believe that though.

The year before he was dead set on Dame but Thomas Robinson unexpectedly fell into the Kings lap.

Vlade’s first draft pick was Willie Cauley Stein

Status
Not open for further replies.