[Game] Kings vs. Pacers [Vegas Summer League] 7/10/2022 12pm Pacific, 3pm Eastern (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that was the whole point why majority wanted ivey instead of Murray. Because as of right now... we don't have that all star player we desperately need. In fact we need two or three to have a real chance to win anything

That being said.... prob the right pick after I processed my emotions
Lets see how they use Fox. If he can do what he's capable of not only do they have that, but possibly one of the best ever to hit Sacramento. Domas and Fox are clearly both all star level. It's tough thing to make the grade as a PG in the West.

Lets see how they use Fox. If he can do what he's capable of not only do they have that, but possibly one of the best ever to hit Sacramento. Domas and Fox are clearly both all star level. It's tough thing to make the grade as a PG in the West.
Clearly is a bit of a reach. I remember 80% of the board was ready to trade Fox over Hali just a few months ago including yourself sir. Let's just keep things real my friend. Point is your not a allstar till your a allstar.

All said, I'm excited foe the future. But I was excited the last 10 dam years every offseason. Like I love getting abused

Relax relax. In no way am I dogging the kid, but you can't tell me he hasn't disappeared from the game at times and he's going to fit in nice with the other two potential stats. Guess I was just looking for a lil more aggression. There has only been one player than comes to mind that was that unemotional on the court that had success and that's Duncan. Norm that fire is shown on your sleeve for 95% of top competitors. Say what you want about cousins. The man was a dog here.

Funny how fast the fans turn on you when your traded as if these guys where the problem with the organization
I believe that was the whole point why majority wanted ivey instead of Murray. Because as of right now... we don't have that all star player we desperately need. In fact we need two or three to have a real chance to win anything

That being said.... prob the right pick after I processed my emotions
These are rather specious arguments. On the one hand, you say that you have concern over Murray "disappearing." On the other hand, you say the majority wanted Ivey instead of Murray, and you yourself have stated before that you were not pleased with the Kings picking Murray over Ivey. Yet when you compare their college careers, Ivey was a threat to disappear considerably more often than Murray was.

I wouldn't call Fox a blackhole. He averages 6.2 assists per game for his career and has had two seasons over 7 assists. Yeah, he is a score first point, but that doesn't make him a blackhole, unless we consider people like Curry, Young, and Ball blackholes. The best players on the team are going to score, that's just how it's always been.

These are rather specious arguments. On the one hand, you say that you have concern over Murray "disappearing." On the other hand, you say the majority wanted Ivey instead of Murray, and you yourself have stated before that you were not pleased with the Kings picking Murray over Ivey. Yet when you compare their college careers, Ivey was a threat to disappear considerably more often than Murray was.
That's like saying Monk was the better pick because he was a top scorer over fox in college. The ivey pick is based off potential and upside and we all know his upside is amazing. Will Murray be the better pick? Time will tell, it's def a bit safer but ivey is going to be a beast mark it down.

That's like saying Monk was the better pick because he was a top scorer over fox in college. The ivey pick is based off potential and upside and we all know his upside is amazing. Will Murray be the better pick? Time will tell, it's def a bit safer but ivey is going to be a beast mark it down.
He may well be but the Kings weren’t going anywhere with a team full of point guards. They had to have a good young forward and Ivey appears to be one.

I wouldn't call Fox a blackhole. He averages 6.2 assists per game for his career and has had two seasons over 7 assists. Yeah, he is a score first point, but that doesn't make him a blackhole, unless we consider people like Curry, Young, and Ball blackholes. The best players on the team are going to score, that's just how it's always been.
And I think Fox’s natural inclination to drive and score first is exactly what this team needs, or rather the players we’ve acquired this offseason are the perfect player to surround Fox with. Let Fox initiate and cause defensive shifts and let the sharp shooter knock ‘em down. I’m not worried at all about Fox being able to find the open guy, and now that he was 40% from 3P shooters surrounding him I think will look to give it up even more.

Clearly is a bit of a reach. I remember 80% of the board was ready to trade Fox over Hali just a few months ago including yourself sir. Let's just keep things real my friend. Point is your not a allstar till your a allstar.

All said, I'm excited foe the future. But I was excited the last 10 dam years every offseason. Like I love getting abused
What? WRONG I was the one of the few along with @Tetsujin saying it was misuse the whole time for like YEARS now, lol. I was shocked they didn't choose rebuild and I'm a little surprised Monte went all in now instead of giving himself a bit of an out (or us since we'll be left behind) but I was pretty consistent the whole time as far as Fox's talent goes. We even had a Fox vs. Hali thread.

https://community.kingsfans.com/threads/fox-or-haliburton.83097/

Actually they never really did. And that's a big part of the problem. When you build around someone the idea is to actually surround them with a team that makes sense for them.
If the Kings are looking to pair up two stars then Fox is the guy, if not, then Haliburton/Davion are the start of hopefully dropping from that 10th seed to 13-14 and a top 5 pick.

As of now, I fully expect a marginal move or two at best and either just making the play in, or just missing it.
Fast forward and Monte ended up doing the 1st thing, and the 2nd is based on your opinion of Sabonis or Murrays level as a potential star.

A little more for reality sake.

https://community.kingsfans.com/threads/what-is-up-with-deaaron-fox.81714/page-4

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
What? WRONG I was the one of the few along with @Tetsujin saying it was misuse the whole time for like YEARS now, lol. I was shocked they didn't choose rebuild and I'm a little surprised Monte went all in now instead of giving himself a bit of an out (or us since we'll be left behind) but I was pretty consistent the whole time as far as Fox's talent goes. We even had a Fox vs. Hali thread.

Fast forward and Monte ended up doing the 1st thing, and the 2nd is based on your opinion of Sabonis or Murrays level as a potential star.

https://community.kingsfans.com/threads/what-is-up-with-deaaron-fox.81714/page-4
Oh god. That was like 3 pages just on shot clock discussions alone.

You got me lol I was guessing. Then we are kn the same boat. Let's enjoy the show

Status
Not open for further replies.