[Game] Kings vs Mavs, 12/31/2021 3pm PT/6pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Bagley is looking good out there tonight -- showing off some defensive versatility and going straight at Porzingis. He's looked night and day better this season.

people trashing Bagley I don't think have been watching the games
I was the biggest Bagley trash talker before the season. But since Gentry has taken over, he's taken a real leap and been a pretty good rotational player since that period. Which is a giant step forward from being the net negative he was his first 3 seasons.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Fox with the smart play there, refs absolutely blew the OOB call, and Fox deliberately forced them to make the make-up call on the illegal screen.

hrdboild

Staff member
Just keep switching those pick and rolls. They are creaming Tyrese and Fox on those. Just freaking switch.
I don't know that switching Fox or Hali onto a big is going to stop the lob anyway. Obviously someone needs to drop back into the paint on that play but that's why I don't agree that switching on picks should be automatic. Both defenders need to work together. If the big has to come out they at least need to "tag" the screener to slow them down.

hrdboild

Staff member
3 re
3 rebounds in 21 minutes is not acceptable. Powell had 5 in 11 mins
It's contextual. The Mavs are getting a lot of points on long jumpers and free throws. But generally speaking, yeah I agree. Rebounding needs to be Bagley's focus. He's by far the best rebounder the Kings have on the floor so he can't float out there -- he needs to move with purpose and box out early.

I don't know that switching Fox or Hali onto a big is going to stop the lob anyway. Obviously someone needs to drop back into the paint on that play but that's why I don't agree that switching on picks should be automatic. Both defenders need to work together. If the big has to come out they at least need to "tag" the screener to slow them down.
A switch keeps a body attached to the roller and won't allow that easy slip which in this quarter is Dwight freaking Powell. You can't let someone like that get dunk after dunk. And tag defense is college level Walton BS.

20-2 run, since tying the game :eek:
The Kings were getting a lot of transition plays and Gentry ball is going to be a total fail if you are taking the ball out of the basket every single time on deep finishes. The other team can just run back every time. At least on giving up 3's theres a little blip in between.

hrdboild

Staff member
This is what can't happen. We're straight up giving away a winnable game in about 8 minutes because we're not executing anything correctly on either end of the floor. Someone needs to take charge and right the ship and nobody seems willing or able to step up and do it.

hrdboild

Staff member
We had Brunson on Jones there just two passes away. I'll take a Metu three though even though launching threes without moving the ball is how we dig ourselves into these holes in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.