[Game] Kings vs. Mavericks, Monday April 26th, 7 PM Pacific (10 PM Eastern)

They have max money available this offseason (not that there is really anyone available worth that this summer) but I’m not sure how they’re going to make this team around Luka good enough to really win going forward.
I’m thinking Holmes made himself some money tonight. I’m thinking Dallas has images of a Doncic/Holmes pick and roll.

Try 9th or 10th pick.
Either way. Nothing you could really do about this game. No fox, Barnes played half the game, holmes restricted to 25 mins. Big minutes for ty and double digit mins for metu Jones, td, Wright and guy. The only gripe you can have are too many minutes for moe, but I doubt his 6 points was a major factor. The kings had no business winning this game yet here we are. Like @iowamcnabb said, “you can’t lose them all...” ;)

Either way. Nothing you could really do about this game. No fox, Barnes played half the game, holmes restricted to 25 mins. Big minutes for ty and double digit mins for metu Jones, td, Wright and guy. The only gripe you can have are too many minutes for moe, but I doubt his 6 points was a major factor. The kings had no business winning this game yet here we are. Like @iowamcnabb said, “you can’t lose them all...” ;)
Have you looked at the line ups the Thunder are rolling out.

The Kings are now 12-11 over the last 2 seasons without Fox and 6 of the losses are 2 points or less.
Doing some more cherry picking, eh?

I can do that too. The Nets are 25-11 (.694) w/o Kevin Durant this season vs. 16-9 (.640) when he plays.
I guess we can conclude that they are a better team w/o him?

What’s your end game here, seriously? Trying to sell others that Fox is some kind of scrub? That the KINGS would somehow be a playoff team this season w/o him playing any games??

If that’s the agenda, please let us know so I can add to the ignore list asap. I ain’t got the time nor desire to sift through utter nonsense.

Fwiw, the KINGS were 39-42 in 2018/19 with Swipa running the helm for a full season when they had a semi-capable head coach.

Does that not count more than the 23 cherry picked games over 2 seasons? Isn’t it a much larger sample size to evaluate?

There’s far more evidence supporting Swipa as an upper-tier player than whatever it is you’re desperately trying to peddle here.

Last edited:
Doing some more cherry picking, eh?

I can do that too. The Nets are 25-11 (.694) w/o Kevin Durant this season vs. 16-9 (.640) when he plays.
I guess we can conclude that they are a better team w/o him?

What’s your end game here, seriously? Trying to sell others that Fox is some kind of scrub? That the KINGS would somehow be a playoff team this season w/o him playing any games??

If that’s the agenda, please let us know so I can add to the ignore list asap. I ain’t got the time nor desire to sift through utter nonsense.

Fwiw, the KINGS were 39-42 in 2018/19 with Swipa running the helm for a full season when they had a semi-capable head coach.

Does that not count more than the 23 cherry picked games over 2 seasons? Isn’t a much larger sample size to evaluate?

There’s far more evidence supporting Swipa as an upper-tier player than whatever it is you’re desperately trying to peddle here.
It weird cause when Cousins was here all the top posters would go on about how without Cousins the Kings were awful and it was constantly used as an argument when Cousins does not play the Kings are a bad team (they were awful with him). I'm simply doing the same about Fox and now it's a big deal to some of you. How is it cherry picking the last 2 seasons seems very relevant if Walton is such a bad coach he seems to do fine with our superstar is not playing.

The Nets have 2 superstars and a perennial All-Star they are elite with or without KD where as the Kings are trash with Fox and above 500. without him and a lot of the losses were extremely close. I'm really failing to see the upper tier whatever that means.

Last edited:
It weird cause when Cousins was here all the top posters would go on about how without Cousins the Kings were awful and it was constantly used as an argument when Cousins does not play the Kings are a bad team (they were awful with him). I'm simply doing the same about Fox and now it's a big deal to some of you. How is it cherry picking the last 2 seasons seems very relevant if Walton is such a bad coach he seems to do fine with our superstar is not playing.

The Nets have 2 superstars and a perennial All-Star they are elite with or without KD where as the Kings are trash with Fox and above 500. without him and a lot of the losses were extremely close. I'm really failing to see the upper tier whatever that means.
Honest answer? The only significant differences between the two are that Fox doesn't bring all the off court drama, and Fox is a guard in a league where you definitely need star guards (whereas Cousins value as a big was somewhat diminished at the time)

It weird cause when Cousins was here all the top posters would go on about how without Cousins the Kings were awful and it was constantly used as an argument when Cousins does not play the Kings are a bad team (they were awful with him). I'm simply doing the same about Fox and now it's a big deal to some of you.
No, what you’re doing is weird. Not the other way around.

Also, I don’t pretend to know who the “top posters” are or what that even means. Furthermore, suggesting that “ALL” of them are guilty of sharing the same opinion is ridiculous too.

Seems someone feels the need to oversell to try to make a point. Which in my book typically means that person doesn’t have a valid point. If they did, they wouldn’t need to exaggerate. But I digress.

And, yes, you are cherry picking. As well as not adding context. Probably because you haven’t bothered to look deep into it. You just tallied up the record and ran with it.

I mean, what was the level of competition of the 23 games? Were any of them meaningless games for either team? Did any notable players return to the lineup that weren’t available in the games Fox played?

Context is important. Circumstances are important.

Also, what about the counterpoint regarding the KINGS winning nearly 40 games when Swipa started 81 of 82 In 2018/19? It doesn’t quite fit the narrative you’re trying to craft, does it?

Lastly, comparing the Cousins era to the here and now is apples and oranges. Too many different factors to list. But the most important factor would be the KINGS having far more talent now than they did most those years.

As you argued yourself with my Nets example, it’s easier to overcome the loss of a star player when the team is deep with talent. The KINGS have more talent nowadays than the vast majority of teams in which Cousins was the alpha player.

So it very much stands to reason the KINGS would fare worse minus Cousins in those days versus losing Fox today. So whomever the “top posters” are, they aren’t necessarily owning hypocritical viewpoints given the different circumstances.

Last edited:
I mean, what was the level of competition of the 23 games? Were any of them meaningless games for either team? Did any notable players return to the lineup that weren’t available in the games Fox played?
No the two games this season were vital for both Dallas/GSW and all the 21 games last year were near the start/middle part of the year except for the final 2 so 19 games. My view of Fox changed after the Kings were 500. being carried by Holmes/Bjelica during the start/middle phase and I realized what I think now.

Also I didn't take out any wins when the Kings won with Fox when they were playing teams missing their best players either and the whole meaingless games thing is basically everything after like 30 games for the Kings in all Fox's season except for the one when Shumpert/Bjelica/WCS were playing well above what they were capable of. (moment Shumpert left and BJelly dropped off everything went down the tube) The level of competition does not matter every year I hear how the Kings play to the level of their competition but a good team beats bad teams.

Last edited:
where as the Kings are trash with Fox and above 500. without him and a lot of the losses were extremely close.
See, I knew your true colors would shine through.

Ty for reenforcing my initial belief that there was an agenda in play and/or this was a trolling attempt.

I'm really failing to see the upper tier whatever that means.
Riddle me this. If you don’t know what it means, how can you fail to see it?

Rhetorical, so don’t bother answering.

I now know what I needed to know. So thanks again.

My view of Fox changed after the Kings were 500. being carried by Holmes/Bjelica during the start/middle phase and I realized what I think now..
”Being carried by Holmes/Bjelica” LMFAO.

Now it comes into full focus. The serbian fan touting Bjelica as the star player carrying the team to a winning record.

Good, great, wonderful, grand.

I’m curious, how’s Bjelica’s back holding up carrying the MIA Heat right about now?

Also, I dig Richaun Holmes as much as any KINGS fan — but surely wasn’t aware HE was more worthy of a max contract than Swipa. Somebody better tell the KINGS and all 29 other GM’s that wouldn’t offer him the same deal.

”Being carried by Holmes/Bjelica” LMFAO.

Now it comes into full focus. The serbian fan touting Bjelica as the star player carrying the team to a winning record.

Good, great, wonderful, grand.

I’m curious, how’s Bjelica’s back holding up carrying the MIA Heat right now?

Also, I dig Richaun Holmes as much as any KINGS fan — but surely wasn’t aware HE was more worthy of a max contract than Swipa. Somebody better tell the KINGS and all 29 other GM’s that wouldn’t offer him the same deal.
Holmes was the Kings MVP for the majority of last year him and Bjelica were the reason during the 20 or so game run the Kings got to 500 ball. Giving either Fox or Holmes a max deal is crazy. Bjelly was huge for teamplay/ball movement and his shooting until this year where he fizzled out and sucked was a huge reason for the Kings turnaround the year they went 39-41 and Shumperts defense/toughness was the difference between the team being good and completely tanking when they got star 2 way SF Barnes.

Holmes was the Kings MVP for the majority of last year. Giving either Fox or Holmes a max deal is crazy.
Not near as crazy as your posts. But there’s no law against that.

You won’t get me to say much of anything negative about Richaun Holmes. I’m already on record touting his play and that I‘d hate for the KINGS to lose him.

But suggesting he was MVP of the team for the majority of last season is beyond disingenuous.

First off, he barely started and played more than half the season.

Secondly, and most importantly, using your own flawed logic against you — the KINGS were 15-13 in the games Richaun missed vs. 16-28 in the games that he did play.

Yet, not surprisingly, you’re touting Richaun as team MVP and carrying the team all while throwing De’Aaron Fox under the bus despite the metrics you’ve selectively chosen being similar for both players.

To be more exact, the KINGS winning percentage w/o Holmes last season was HIGHER than the 23 games w/o Fox over 2 seasons.

Yet you’ve somehow developed polar opposite views on the 2 players.

In short, you’ve been busted dude.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Teams that I can stomach beating are LA and the Mavs (this goes way back to early in my career when I did work with the AAC, call it friendly rivalry but also C-Webb happened). Yeah it sucks but this one is on Dallas and they are totally going to ruin it with Doncic and I bet he walks after his second contract when they have failed to build a winner.

Teams that I can stomach beating are LA and the Mavs (this goes way back to early in my career when I did work with the AAC, call it friendly rivalry but also C-Webb happened). Yeah it sucks but this one is on Dallas and they are totally going to ruin it with Doncic and I bet he walks after his second contract when they have failed to build a winner.
Yeah, I pretty much feel the same. Always hated those weasley Mavs teams back in that era. The only time they got the drop on our KINGS was after C-Webb went down. They couldn’t beat them fully healthy.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yeah, I pretty much feel the same. Always hated those weasley Mavs teams back in that era. The only time they got the drop on our KINGs was after C-Webb went down. They couldn’t beat them fully healthy.
There were a couple of people in the org I really liked and we had good bants but Cuban's #2 was a total a-hole to deal with. I will always root against them unless they are playing the Lakers.

No the two games this season were vital for both Dallas/GSW and all the 21 games last year were near the start/middle part of the year except for the final 2 so 19 games.
They were 9-10 in those “start/middle of the year” games, as you put it. The last 2 games that put them over .500 were indeed at the end of the season when it didn’t matter.

And now you want to pile on the games he’s missed recently — when the KINGS season is over and it again doesn’t matter — as a way to push the record higher. How rich.

Again, context is important.

FWIW:

The KINGS record when Bjelica played last season = 31-41.
The KINGS record when Holmes played last season = 16-28.
The KINGS record when Fox played last season = 20-31.

Yet here you are speaking positively about 2 of the 3 players while pushing a negative agenda toward the other.
Go figure.

You’re take is null and void. It was proven fraudulent in my previous reply. I’m done with you.