[Game] Kings vs. Lakers, 4/2/2021, 7pm PST 10pm EST

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Yeah, this is the same stuff he wanted Haliburton and Fox to run. This could be a decent bench identity with Barnes and Harkless together but forcing this on the Kings starters will be a disaster.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
If done right this could be a very interesting 1/2 punch with a finesse unit and a bruiser unit. This is a real small ball unit right here with size across all positions.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I am not a fan of players dribbling the ball when the shotclock only has a few seconds left for the quarter. Like c'mon, you know your only hope is to chuck up a shot, just do it instead of preserving your FG%
Yeah, the only shot that has a zero percent chance of going in is the one you don't shoot. That's why these incentives in contracts are a big no no. If a player can rake in millions off of something as arbitrary as shooting 39% from 3 instead of 38.9, what do you expect is going to happen?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
really cannot be understated how “off” Holmes has been the last couple of games
There is a directive here. Walton wants everyone to attack the rack, including Holmes. Not sure why when he's got one of the most efficient little push shots ever. Well, actually, I know exactly why. haha.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Keeps driving against bigger guys instead of taking his push shot. What gives?
And he’s not even driving particularly hard either. Maybe there’s some injury we haven’t been told about but normally he charges in for dunks on everything that he’s trying to lay in tonight.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
There is a directive here. Walton wants everyone to attack the rack, including Holmes. Not sure why when he's got one of the most efficient little push shots ever. Well, actually, I know exactly why. haha.
And having Holmes drive to the hoop every time is actually getting in the way of Fox

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
And that Rex/Harkless tidbit was interesting. That might explain why someone whose career was on life support all of a sudden gets a key role. I'm guessing he knows better than anyone what Rex wants to do defensively.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And that Rex/Harkless tidbit was interesting. That might explain why someone whose career was on life support all of a sudden gets a key role. I'm guessing he knows better than anyone what Rex wants to do defensively.
Harkless has been pretty solid in his stints so I’m fine with that it’s the designing an entirely new bad offense for us that’s more concerning.