[Game] Kings vs. Lakers, 4/2/2021, 7pm PST 10pm EST

Do you think that a new front office starting off with a holdover coach is ideal? I think regardless of fault that right there is a recipe for time wasted. The great thing out of it is at least we know for sure Fox is a legit star. I just hope McNair does understand what the deal is and who is the one responsible for any respectability the team has shown this year.
I think a 12 year old could figure out that Fox and Haliburton are the teams future core.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ha! Sure if you wanna just ignore facts and stick with "agree to disagree". I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, only 30ish games away from not having Kings basketball for some months.

I just think the fact that McNair ingeniously created a situation where he can gain for short term and not completely ruin long term goes above many people's heads.
The “Process“ has broken people’s brains so bad that they now think the only way to get good is to first be really really really bad

I don’t consider picking up guys for 2nd round picks is a definitive direction. I think it’s “keeping all your options open”..... and ending up picking 10-12. I could well be proven wrong and you are free to put this back in my face. We shall see.

I would rather be wrong, eat my words and watch the kings in the play-offs. Sadly, I don’t think I am.
It was definitive in the sense that they picked up help. They could have easily let that ride or looked to not add any salary next year but they did attempt to pick up some grit pieces. I think they can make the play in for sure but it all depends on the brain behind the mayhem on the sidelines and I won't get my hopes up on that one again. Not gonna happen. If they regress strategically again and no change is made even as a last ditch hail mary then regardless of whose call that is, that flack hits the GM's dinner plate as it should.

The “Process“ has broken people’s brains so bad that they now think the only way to get good is to first be really really really bad
Only bad GMs would let a team sink to try for top picks in a lottery system where you could be the absolute worst and still don't get number 1 pick. Unless Cade Cunningham (or <insert top player's name>) is already guaranteed to be the next Lebron James.

I'm almost certain that McNair had already turned this team around and we will only improve from now on, once we have someone who actually knows about winning basketball strategy.

Only bad GMs would let a team sink to try for top picks in a lottery system where you could be the absolute worst and still don't get number 1 pick. Unless Cade Cunningham (or <insert top player's name>) is already guaranteed to be the next Lebron James.

I'm almost certain that McNair had already turned this team around and we will only improve from now on, once we have someone who actually knows about winning basketball strategy.
That's the other thing about this draft. As more time has gone on I think it's a good draft and where the Kings probably land is outside the window of where you want to be, but this doesn't look like a guaranteed smash it out of the park grand slam like some thought it would be prior to the college season.

It was definitive in the sense that they picked up help. They could have easily let that ride or looked to not add any salary next year but they did attempt to pick up some grit pieces.
I really think that is not how you should view the trades that happened, "adding salary". If they pan out, Delon Wright and Terrence Davis are key role players for the future where most Playoffs teams wouldn't mind having.

That's the other thing about this draft. As more time has gone on I think it's a good draft and where the Kings probably land is outside the window of where you want to be, but this doesn't look like a guaranteed smash it out of the park grand slam like some thought it would be prior to the college season.
On this point, I think that most fans undervalue the importance of the morale it will have on each and every one of your players for making the Playoffs after over a decade. I'm not saying with 100% certainty that I'd rather have a team that is capable this year to make it to the Playoffs versus having a super talent from this year's draft.

But we can't simply ignore the fact that if we make it to the Playoffs THIS YEAR, the level of play Fox/Haliburton/Barnes/Holmes will elevate and thus our need for some super new talent who, as talented as he might be, will still have to get used to the system and the pace of NBA could be less.

Kings move to needing 16-7 now for playoffs the remainder of the season. If the Kings go .500 the next 6 games, I hope they just tank the remainder. Much rather them go draft 7-11, rather than 10-15.

Was looking at Kai Jones as one of the better rated centers - have seen him in mocks 7,to 10.....he needs some bulk, but looks decent. He rushes his shot but has decent form - quick for his size and excellent jumping, good blocking - quite athletic. Might be an option if the Kings don't get lucky in draft sequencing. They need some size.

Evan Mobley has a bigger frame and is more filled out with better control, but the Kings would have to win the draft like they did with Bagley for Mobley. - unlikely. They need to draft either a center or PF/SF who could play some small-ball center.

Well I had enough Kings and stopped the recording in the 2nd Quarter and choose to watch a recording of Hoosiers. Love that movie!
There ya go; Hield especially has been disappointing - its the classic 'get paid' and then disappear in sports. To his credit he's not lazy -> he's giving effort but his shooting just isn't there. Basketball more so than most sports is execution-based because there's so much more scoring.

There ya go; Hield especially has been disappointing - its the classic 'get paid' and then disappear in sports. To his credit he's not lazy -> he's giving effort but his shooting just isn't there. Basketball more so than most sports is execution-based because there's so much more scoring.
Hield isn’t really a three. He is a sixth man. The only true starter the Kings have besides Fox and Hali is Barnes and he is the 4th or 5th best guy on a good team. This team desperately needs talent and it’s not Walton’s or the players fault.

This board goes through one target after another. Each guy be it: Bogi, Nemanja, CoJo, .... etc will be addition by subtraction. Same with coaches. And yet two things stay constant, the performance of this team, and Vivek.

Hield isn’t really a three. He is a sixth man. The only true starter the Kings have besides Fox and Hali is Barnes and he is the 4th or 5th best guy on a good team. This team desperately needs talent and it’s not Walton’s or the players fault.

This board goes through one target after another. Each guy be it: Bogi, Nemanja, CoJo, .... etc will be addition by subtraction. Same with coaches. And yet two things stay constant, the performance of this team, and Vivek.
Yeah we need another legit scoring option and this team will at least be a playoff team.

I watched Hield a bit in College, and he hasn't shot like those days where practically anything he threw up went in - granted its the NBA and all but this is his worst shooting year - a step back surely..