[Game] Kings vs. Hornets, October 30, 7 PM

Walton: Uuuu i think we got a lot of good shots tonight, I don’t know. I’ll have to look at the film”

Lmao and this guy isn’t fired yet?
His look at the film thing is starting to worry me. That tells me he's not seeing the game from the sidelines. We have the luxury of watching the whole court from home. Maybe just have Doug Christie in an ear piece for him to coach the coach?

Meh

If Iman freaking Shumpert is enough to kill ur spirit, than you have bigger issues as a team. I know there’s something to be said for a vocal leader like that, but come on.
I am not saying we should go sign him, I'm just pointing out this team just fell off. We were terrible in the wake of it and it is continuing now.

You’re exactly right. Except it can’t be the coach. This isn’t college. Spare me the Pop mythology because Timmy ran that team just like any other superstar would.
I disagree. I think it can be the coach. The coach can turn a bad team into a serviceable one, like last years Kings. At some point you need players too... But you got to have a system. When you come across a Lebron, Wade, Durant, Curry + Klay...They BECOME the system regardless of whose coaching.

I disagree. I think it can be the coach. The coach can turn a bad team into a serviceable one, like last years Kings. At some point you need players too... But you got to have a system. When you come across a Lebron, Wade, Durant, Curry + Klay...They BECOME the system regardless of whose coaching.
I think we’re saying the same thing, ultimately. Walton is not the guy, which I’m actually stunned over. Really. But, it also wouldn’t matter too much if Fox or Buddy were half the leaders/players they say they are.

Well, if that’s the case, Vlade will fire him and promote Igor in short order. Kokoskov took this job for a reason.
I still find it odd that Dumars showed up all of a sudden in the middle of a bustling summer. I personally don't think Vlade needs to be fired because this is all on the floor yet again, but my money is if this doesn't turn around Vlade and Walton sing kumbaya together on the way out the door. Waltona and Vlade are too of the coolest cats you'll find, but it's time to start showing some life here guys.

I think we’re saying the same thing, ultimately. Walton is not the guy, which I’m actually stunned over. Really. But, it also wouldn’t matter too much if Fox or Buddy were half the leaders/players they say they are.
That may be true, but this is still a team wide strategy thing. That non pressure defense DC complained about from 2 minutes into the 3rd until they finally started to play it with 2 minute left in the game is just 1 thing in a list of things causing this debacle.

That may be true, but this is still a team wide strategy thing. That non pressure defense DC complained about from 2 minutes into the 3rd until they finally started to play it with 2 minute left in the game is just 1 thing in a list of things causing this debacle.
But that’s what I mean...Chris Paul doesn’t wait for his coach to tell him tough defense is OK. This is supposed to be Fox’s team...why is he out here playing “Mother, may I?”

Kingster

Hall of Famer
No resistance whatsoever. No pressure defense, that is until it didn't mean anything. Why do it with two minutes to play? We can see what you could have done if you picked them up in the back court, but of course you didn't. Are you trying to rub salt in our wounds? Terrible shooting. Hield and Bogs were a combined 12 of 36 (33%) from the floor, many of them wide open shots. They were pathetic in this game. It's going to be a long year. I can't see why they will turn it around against Utah. 0-6 here we come.

P.S. Not one hard foul in this game. I really don't care if you get thrown out or not. You can't go down like this.

I still find it odd that Dumars showed up all of a sudden in the middle of a bustling summer. I personally don't think Vlade needs to be fired because this is all on the floor yet again, but my money is if this doesn't turn around Vlade and Walton sing kumbaya together on the way out the door. Waltona and Vlade are too of the coolest cats you'll find, but it's time to start showing some life here guys.
Lmao.

This is all his doing. He fired a great coach and hired Luke Walton. He shelled out 60 million this offseason for Harrison Barnes/Dedmon/Joseph and Ariza. Everything that's on the floor has Vlade's stamp of approval on it and this was the culmination of all his work since he's started as GM.

Vlade needs to go. He's been a fraud of a GM this whole time and we're finally seeing the results of that play out on the court with the team that he built.

But that’s what I mean...Chris Paul doesn’t wait for his coach to tell him tough defense is OK. This is supposed to be Fox’s team...why is he out here playing “Mother, may I?”
The problem is as much the bigs though and in no way can anyone infer that Holmes is lacking in the role as this teams "dog". Teams are exploiting the Kings in pick and roll game after game and there is no aggressive defense being played to stop it. Instead the Kings are sagging off in order to stack the paint. That is as much by design as them fighting over screens last year and conceding the middle of the paint was last year. Both are totally flawed when teams go at it.

Lmao.

This is all his doing. He fired a great coach and hired Luke Walton. He shelled out 60 million this offseason for Harrison Barnes/Dedmon/Joseph and Ariza. Everything that's on the floor has Vlade's stamp of approval on it and this was the culmination of all his work since he's started as GM.

Vlade needs to go. He's been a fraud of a GM this whole time and we're finally seeing the results of that play out on the court with the team that he built.
Who? Don't let the turd sandwich on your dinner plate today cause you to believe the puke stew you had last night was filet friggin' mignon.

Guys, it’s not just the coach. Players aren’t playing hard. Not consistently.

At some point, the players have to be held accountable too.

I see one player that’s playing hard, smart and with intensity most the game and that’s Richaun Holmes. Outside of him, I’m seeing a bunch of players floating around lollygagging believing they are better than they are.

Defense is an absolute embarrassment. They can’t even slow the scrub ass Charlotte Hornets who no longer have Kemba Walker.

Because the effort isn’t there. The focus isn’t there.

Every single game thus far they come out and play dreadful in the 3rd Q. It‘s the only thing they’re consistent at.

While philosophy and tactics might be part of the problem, effort, hustle, desire and basketball IQ on both ends of the court are something the players control themselves.

Luke Walton’s coaching sure isn’t holding Richaun Holmes back. Or keep him from hustling or scoring or blocking shots.

Put 4 other teammates out there that play like him and the KINGS will have something regardless who the coach is.

Last edited:
I know acquiring Barnes seemed like an upgrade, but it is pretty clear all the advanced stats tell something the eyes and conventional stats don't. Barnes is a mediocre starting small forward. He has good vertical athletic ability and size but isn't a successful defender, and on offense takes away as much as he gives.

He is the exact opposite of the moneyball type of player, because he checks all the boxes on paper but doesn't make real contributuons.

Lmao.

I agree somewhat...but i hesitate to put blame on Vlade with a certain someone lurking in the shadows behind him. Remember Petrie and the Maloofs after all. Vivek got a ton of flak for being too involved in his first seasons as the Owner. Looks to me like he uses Vlade as his mouth piece and puppet to do his bidding.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I know acquiring Barnes seemed like an upgrade, but it is pretty clear all the advanced stats tell something the eyes and conventional stats don't. Barnes is a mediocre starting small forward. He has good vertical athletic ability and size but isn't a successful defender, and on offense takes away as much as he gives.

He is the exact opposite of the moneyball type of player, because he checks all the boxes on paper but doesn't make real contributuons.
Should have signed Oubre.

At some point, the players have to be accountable too.

I see one player that’s playing hard, smart and with intensity most the game and that’s Richaun Holmes. Outside of him, I’m seeing a bunch of players floating around lollygagging believing they are better than they are.

Defense is an absolute embarrassment. They can’t even slow the scrub ass Charlotte Hornets who no longer have Kamba Walker.

Every single game thus far they come out and play dreadful in the 3rd Q. It‘s the only thing they’re consistent at.

While philosophy and tactics might be part of the problem, effort, hustle, desire on both ends of the court are something the players control themselves.

Luke Walton’s coaching sure isn’t holding Richaun Holmes back. Or keep him from hustling or scoring or blocking shots.

Put 4 other teammates out there that play like him and the KINGS will have something regardless who the coach is.
They look like a team that doesn't have any sets to run. It's one screen, and everyone stand around. Are you really insinuating that they aren't willing to run the coach's system? It looks like a team that is caught between knowing that this crap isn't working but also trying to follow what the coaching staff is saying.

Katie asked him about pressing harder on D, and his first response was "that can really come back to bite you against NBA talent." They are 0-5. You want to talk about not giving effort.... look at this BS 'system' that this team is 'running.' You can see it on all the Kings players' faces, they know they are F'd.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I agree somewhat...but i hesitate to put blame on Vlade with a certain someone lurking in the shadows behind him. Remember Petrie and the Maloofs after all. Vivek got a ton of flak for being too involved in his first seasons as the Owner. Looks to me like he uses Vlade as his mouth piece and puppet to do his bidding.
There’s no way Vivek pulled the Bagley string over :::redacted:::

It’s like the anti-Vivek move.

At some point, the players have to be accountable too.

Defense is an absolute embarrassment. They can’t even slow the scrub ass Charlotte Hornets who no longer have Kemba Walker.

While philosophy and tactics might be part of the problem, effort, hustle, desire and basketball IQ on both ends of the court are something the players control themselves.

When the team consistently falls behind in the 3rd quarter, it points to the other coach consistently making better adjustments.