[Game] Kings vs. Hornets, October 30, 7 PM

so is it the coaching or is it the players? both?
Hate to admit it but it’s both. We lack shooting (other than Hield and maybe Barnes), lack creators, lack interior offense. It’s a pretty bad combination right now.
Add to that a coach that can’t scheme and hide our weaknesses, and you get the blowouts we’ve seen

SLAB

Hall of Famer
And while certainly Vlade is going to be feeling this heat it's goes to show you how scary it is to fire a GM like him in the middle of a rebuild who has done an alright job in acquiring talent. PDA part 2 could be just around the corner.
A GM like him? He’s stumbled and bumbled his way through everything. He’s had a lucky horseshoe lodged firmly in his pocket the entire way, and he’s still managed to screw up getting gifted the greatest luck in franchise history.

Both. Kings were not as good as they played last year. Buddy played over his head and was due a regression. Fox is full of promise, but also many holes. They’re soft as hell, seeing they rolled over and died the second their locker room leader was traded for no one.

We suck. The coaching sucks. The front office sucks. This franchise is a dumpster fire.
maybe, but look on the bright side... :)

Hate to admit it but it’s both. We lack shooting (other than Hield and maybe Barnes), lack creators, lack interior offense. It’s a pretty bad combination right now.
Add to that a coach that can’t scheme and hide our weaknesses, and you get the blowouts we’ve seen
not to nitpick, but I'd say Bjelica can shoot. the rest is ok :).

This team looks really bad. I heard booing through the tv. This isn’t about Bagley being hurt. This is a systemic problem in the locker room. The whole team for the most part are not performing well. I also think the coaching is terrible. But the coach doesn’t miss shot after shot. Pathetic start of what may be a terrible season.
Heck no and the Kings overloaded on depth and will pay the price for that dearly should this implode but they should be far more immune to injuries than most teams. You watch teams consistently change up the gameplan in the 3rd and watch your coaching staff be totally befuddled in their response. It's seriously been this way for too many years, and too many coaches now.

When you have an owner who is as clueless to the game of basketball as we have, there will be no accountability. I honestly wish mastrov would've been allowed to be the main investor because i really believe we'd be in a better place. Vlade has had a very long leash to say the least..

This team has been a wreck since the all star break last year if we want to face facts. Whatever promise they showed was gone by the time we moved Shump and brought in Barnes. I think Barnes was still an upgrade but it's undeniable we lost our soul.
Look, maybe so, but if losing Iman Shumpert causes the whole thing to collapse, you have to wonder how strong things were to begin with.

This team has way more talent than it’s showing. U don’t play that well through February and all of a sudden lose talent. that wasn’t luck last season

We just actually gave a damn and the players enjoyed playing together. We have a lot of names on the bench, but this bench is the worst we’ve had in YEARS

He totally called out the over help too. The sad thing is Vlade finally gave his coach the tools to play a switchable pressure defense and they just aren't calling for it. The Kings FINALLY have size on the wing and in the back court. WTF!
You can’t switch when you run three guards under 6’4 out there with a 6’7 wing and a 6’8 center.

This team has been a wreck since the all star break last year if we want to face facts. Whatever promise they showed was gone by the time we moved Shump and brought in Barnes. I think Barnes was still an upgrade but it's undeniable we lost our soul.
I like Barnes but we already had 11 other “lead by example” dudes. We clearly lack leadership on this team. Fox tried but I think it’s unnatural for him. We need dudes who are not trying to be best friends with everyone

A GM like him? He’s stumbled and bumbled his way through everything. He’s had a lucky horseshoe lodged firmly in his pocket, and he’s still managed to screw up getting gifted the greatest luck in franchise history.
Eh, there were much worse ways to screw up. At the time he went with one of the consensus options not Kwame Brown or Anthony Bennett. He didn't reach with his high picks at least and that's the killer. Other than that, he's built teams that appear to be able to fit. The only gripe on him I have about this year, and I think I pointed it out every step along the way this summer, is that rather than putting all his eggs in one basket on the Dedmons and Arizas of the world he should've given himself a safety valve like last summer and kept some available cap to use at the deadline as either a fall back or a needed add on for a playoff push. He didn't. And in fact he even used his freaking room exception.

You can’t switch when you run three guards under 6’4 out there with a 6’7 wing and a 6’8 center.
Yep, and that's a problem I've pointed out in previous games. The only time he did switch prior to this one was with a 3 guard lineup. C'mon Walton, you have the pieces to pull it off when you need to. This probably isn't a full switch team but jeez.

Meh

If Iman freaking Shumpert is enough to kill ur spirit, than you have bigger issues as a team. I know there’s something to be said for a vocal leader like that, but come on.

Yep, and that's a problem I've pointed out in previous games. The only time he did switch prior to this one was with a 3 guard lineup. C'mon Walton, you have the pieces to pull it off when you need to. This probably isn't a full switch team but jeez.
And the backup wing is on his last legs.