[Game] Kings vs. Hornets, October 30, 7 PM

Doug pleaded for full court pressure everytime the Hornets got the ball, then we started half assed pressure when the game was pretty much out of reach and the Hornets couldn’t handle it and kept turning it over. Too late though. Doug sounded like he wanted to cry.

This team sucks and most unforgivable, they’re boring.

I thought it would take 10 games to have a fair evaluation. I think it is clear that Walton is way in over his head. He has no system, no philosophy other than play iso with inferior athletes, and apparently can’t lead a team that needs a strong vocal leader.

What a disappointment. I thought he would be good for the team. It seems like the Suns got the right guy we should have gone after from the start.

We do what Christie has been asking for for 2 quarters...and it yields results. Shocker.
He totally called out the over help too. The sad thing is Vlade finally gave his coach the tools to play a switchable pressure defense and they just aren't calling for it. The Kings FINALLY have size on the wing and in the back court. WTF!

I thought it would take 10 games to have a fair evaluation. I think it is clear that Walton is way in over his head. He has no system, no philosophy other than play iso with inferior athletes, and apparently can’t lead a team that needs a strong vocal leader.

What a disappointment. I thought he would be good for the team. It seems like the Suns got the right guy we should have gone after from the start.
Seems like maybe we already had the right guy and his name is dave joerger..

Although this hurts, the game really came down to the hornets getting hot from three and the Kings shot not falling. 60 percent on 15 threes in the third is tough to overcome. Having said that, there is so much to fix right now. Bricky Hield can’t get his shot to fall and his defense has been the worst I’ve seen it. Brickdon Brickdonovic has been even worse. Brick Walton (heck why not) hasn’t figured out how to inspire his team coming out of the half and the team just can’t get on a run. I do have confidence this can be turned around but I hope it starts soon.

The nfl is king to me because you always have a chance for revival. The 49ers look like they can win the super bowl and they sucked a*** for 5 seasons. The stars of the nba have made it disinteresting for a lot of fans of small market teams. And one bad decision by a front office of a small market team is basically like a death sentence.
Yep. That’s exactly why this is so disheartening. Because if this doesn’t work it’s another GM, two head coaches and 5-6 years before it MIGHT work for the small market NBA team. And, in the interim, you get the super awesome Kangz jokes from the national media who all live in Brooklyn or Brentwood, so that following the league at all is just a beating. The NBA sucks so bad for all but about 7-8 markets. And New Orleans, somehow.

I said it when he was mysteriously hired, but the "right" guy might be sitting next to him. At least in terms of system. This is total conspiracy stuff but did those Kokoskov and Dumars hirings cause both a rift in the office and on the bench?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Malone got fired because his superstar caught Meningitis.
No he didn't. He got fired because the front office told him to push analytics and he gave them the metaphorical finger, refusing to use them and skipping meetings about them. His bosses told him what to do and he said "no", so he got fired.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I said it when he was mysteriously hired, but the "right" guy might be sitting next to him. At least in terms of system. This is total conspiracy stuff but did those Kokoskov and Dumars hirings cause both a rift in the office and on the bench?
Kokoskov is part of this staff and supposedly the offensive guru so he is as much to blame as anyone.

Malone got fired because his superstar caught Meningitis.

And while certainly Vlade is going to be feeling this heat it's goes to show you how scary it is to fire a GM like him in the middle of a rebuild who has done an alright job in acquiring talent. PDA part 2 could be just around the corner.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
so is it the coaching or is it the players? both?
Both. Kings were not as good as they played last year. Buddy played over his head and was due a regression. Fox is full of promise, but also many holes. They’re soft as hell, seeing they rolled over and died the second their locker room leader was traded for no one.

We suck. The coaching sucks. The front office sucks. This franchise is a dumpster fire.

This team looks really bad. I heard booing through the tv. This isn’t about Bagley being hurt. This is a systemic problem in the locker room. The whole team for the most part are not performing well. I also think the coaching is terrible. But the coach doesn’t miss shot after shot. Pathetic start of what may be a terrible season.

He looked and sounded exactly like what we wanted in a head coach, and Vlade liked him. But when your players are bricking their 400th 3-pt attempt instead of driving to the basket when you're down by double digits and you just stand there, it's disqualifying. I like Luke too, and wish it could have worked.