[Game] Kings vs. Hornets, 12/19/2022 7pm Pacific 10pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clifford got Brown twice this season. The Hornets didn't go away from what the advantage was. Ran pick and roll back at the Kings bigs and kept going to the mismatch in size with this big wing crew. The game was lost on defense. You can't give up that kind of score to a team with basically two players capable of creating offense. Free throws be darned. Barnes better not be out for an extended period. If he is then Monk has to basically not miss from here on to make up for the loss on defense.

Such a gut after a couple days without a game. Losses where just don’t have it or were beaten by a better team don’t hurt like these shoot yourself in the foot games.

We were due to lose to a team we are way better than since we haven’t done it once this year.

Well this is just the nature of the NBA.. you'll win some that you'll expect to lose and lose some you expect to win. Hornets are actually a lot better than their record would indicate too.

Fox with 37pts… but was -20 on the floor. Hard to reconcile except we could not guard the pick and roll once Barnes was out
They couldn't guard it all game. The only way the Kings have effectively guarded pick and roll this year AT ALL is when they send Sabonis/the other big up and at least pressure. The best is when they flat out switch and string together a few stops. Brown had them double some earlier which the Hornets crushed them on the run out since the Kings are either not that athletic on those (Murray/Barnes) or too small to contest (Davion/Monk/TD). The Kings coaches need to really start dialing this in. Queta is clearly the best true pick and roll defender big by far just by the fact that he tries and takes up so much space. His issue is obviously rebounding.

You know my dad had complications from his cancer surgery today (he is ok) that resulted in them not being able to complete the surgery. I was really hoping for a win to take my mind off of that. Sucks being this emotionally attached to wins and losses haha. Vecenie was saying on his podcast that fans of all teams tend to be hanging on to every win or loss more than any time than he can remember. They were theorizing that social media, instant highlights and forums had something to do with it

Well I guess it also depends on the severity? He was able to check back in the game before not being able to go anymore, so maybe that's a good sign
They won't take any chances with him, because if he were to try to play through it and it gets worse, it will be a big set back. We'll see what they say

well, think we need a third option.
Huerter has become disappointing and the rest of the crew just doesn’t bring it consistently.
It would help. Brown is starting to ride Fox and Sabonis a little more though so that at least puts the Kings at a better talent capacity. He really has been riding Domas lately though.

Status
Not open for further replies.