[Game] Kings vs Heat, 1/2/2022 3pm PT/6pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler defended very well on that last one. Harrison stayed with him, then it looked like De'Aaron took a swipe and lastly, maybe most crucial in bothering final shot Damian got high up nearly blocked at highest point.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
That was an excellent job by the Kinga of understanding the clock situation on the last play. You can sell out on a contest if taking 1 more second is the difference between getting off the tying basket and not getting a shot off at all.

I like having Bagley and Jones out there for stretches in the frontcourt like we have the last couple games. Thompson and Holmes have other strengths but neither one has good size or lift to defend near the basket and it's given other teams an easy path to the basket. Jones finding some offense too is a nice bonus.

I like having Bagley and Jones out there for stretches in the frontcourt like we have the last couple games. Thompson and Holmes have other strengths but neither one has good size or lift to defend near the basket and it's given other teams an easy path to the basket. Jones finding some offense too is a nice bonus.
TT's rebounding might be close for consideration but in general I agree with your sentiment here.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
10th spot, here we come!!!
Yeah yeah but tell me knocking the Lakers out of the playoffs in a single elimination game wouldn't be a hell of a lot of fun. That's the matchup as things currently stand. :)

EDIT: Okay, I actually have no idea how this new playoff format works. I read the Wikipedia entry and I'm actually even more confused. But I guess we would still have a chance to eliminate the Lakers if the current order is in place and they lose to Dallas and we beat Minnesota?

Nice win. QUALITY win. Feels like it's been a while since the Kings beat a legit good team. Cripes... I had to look at the record - Phoenix, very early was the only other win that clearly qualifies, and fair to say Phoenix simply hadn't hit their stride at the time.

Kings now 16-22.

5 of those 16 by double-digits. 31%.

14 of the 22 losses by double-digits. 64%. (In fact, 8 losses have been by 18+.)

Sorry to point this out in the wake of a rare quality win but: truth is that when our Kings win, it's likely to be a squeaker, like tonight - and when they lose, they tend to get blown out. Argument to be made that they're actually worse than their record suggests. Hard to believe the braintrust doesn't know this, but...

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Yeah yeah but tell me knocking the Lakers out of the playoffs in a single elimination game wouldn't be a hell of a lot of fun. That's the matchup as things currently stand. :)

EDIT: Okay, I actually have no idea how this new playoff format works. I read the Wikipedia entry and I'm actually even more confused. But I guess we would still have a chance to eliminate the Lakers if the current order is in place and they lose to Dallas and we beat Minnesota?
Yes, that's the (somewhat strange) setup. 7/8 play, winner is in. 9/10 play, loser is out. 7/8 loser plays 9/10 winner for the last playoff spot.

On the bright side, there is still time for that 2.5 game gap to change. Lots of ways left for us to get the Lakers in a single elimination game.

Jones is kind of like Len 2.0, where he has the size to deal with bigger C's, but he's more mobile where he can still somewhat hang if he gets stuck in the PnR and can't get exposed as much as Len in that regard. He makes a pretty good compliment to Holmes in the C rotation, something like a 30/18 split.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Jones is kind of like Len 2.0, where he has the size to deal with bigger C's, but he's more mobile where he can still somewhat hang if he gets stuck in the PnR and can't get exposed as much as Len in that regard. He makes a pretty good compliment to Holmes in the C rotation, something like a 30/18 split.
I myself would have the other way. Jones 30 Holmes 18. Holmes is an energy guy you ask him to do that for 30 min and you get a watered down version. Which is what we have. Other guys have to work their ass off for Holmes to be productive on offense and his defense is fine on perimeter but not so good inside. We are dead last in the NBA in giving up points in the paint and we finished dead last in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.