[Game] Kings vs Fakers Saturday 11/10 7PM PT - The Hammer is VERY excited about tonight's game.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Young teams are gonna have games like this. 3rd game in 4 nights with terrible air quality, yeah our guys were gonna get gassed.

The Lakers are better than their record would indicate (Lebron teams aren't gonna stay sub .500), and this Kings team is probably worse than its record would indicate. It sucks that those dirty Lakers beat us at home, but whatever.

Fox continues to look like a future superstar. Buddy is gonna bounce back. Bogs did his thing where he shot like crap but still has an awesome impact - can't wait until he shakes the rust off. We'd all like to see more paint protection from WCS, but at least he was crashing the glass tonight (when not in foul trouble).

As for Bagley? Two doo doo games in a row. He's trying to do too much out there. All of that out of control stuff that resulted in TOs tonight is gonna make him a really tough cover in a few seasons once he refines his game and tightens up those handles. But for now it would be nice to see him settle back into an energy big role (with a 3pt attempt here and there). He'll get there.

wow we played like we hadn't slept enough the night before except DeAaron. so forgettable.

our best game plan to win would have been if we could have baited them into giving us another 20 minutes of airballs from Lonzo Ball.

Onward. Monday the Spurs might be in for a bounce back ass whooping...

c
MOD NOTE: Discussion of Veteran's Day has been moved to the Lounge.
I'm perplexed. Just this one day, the 100th anniversary of why we have Remembrance Day or Veterans Day, and a few nice acknowledgements are moved to the lounge where no one goes.
Great message, million dollar sport figures >value then the sacrifice made by youth during times of war.

Sorry guys... was out all night at Round Corner here in Sac... btw... best bar in town... let's have a Kings night there sometime!

Here's my comment on the game: WE ARE IN A GOOD PLACE! Don't get down people, I swear, please, don't do the normal thing, because this is not our normal team. These guys need to learn how to lose, if that makes sense. They need to learn how to play their game, stick to it, and lose, and yes... of course, learn from it. That's a given with Joerger around. We have to assume that. But I've seen nothing that will dampen my excitement about this team. We lost. We didn't play that great. But we played our game and did give a good effort. I shall tolerate no defeatism please! I love you all! :) Go Kings!!!

Sorry guys... was out all night at Round Corner here in Sac... btw... best bar in town... let's have a Kings night there sometime!

Here's my comment on the game: WE ARE IN A GOOD PLACE! Don't get down people, I swear, please, don't do the normal thing, because this is not our normal team. These guys need to learn how to lose, if that makes sense. They need to learn how to play their game, stick to it, and lose, and yes... of course, learn from it. That's a given with Joerger around. We have to assume that. But I've seen nothing that will dampen my excitement about this team. We lost. We didn't play that great. But we played our game and did give a good effort. I shall tolerate no defeatism please! I love you all! :) Go Kings!!!
Not down about the future or anything like that. Just wanted them to stomp the Lakers. Sucks that other than WCS and Fox, everyone left their heart at home. Oh well. On to the next game.

Well, Buddy had quite a night...

It's whatever. He's been killing it almost every game. I'll live with one bad...very bad, extraordinarily bad night.

I would like to see Bagley grab more boards. He was a ++ rebounder at Duke (~11/game). His offensive game will come, he's already shown flashes. But rebounding is the one skill that's supposed to translate pretty quickly to the NBA level.

An ugly game. We can blame it on the Kings brutal running style two nights in a row. A lot of shots were short, indicating fatigue.
The Lakers ripped us up inside. The Kings defense without Koufos is kind of like a tootsie roll pop, hard on the outside with a chewy soft center.

I was yelling at the screen last night which is unusual. I am really tired of watching Kings players especially those named Mason, Shumpert and Fox dribble the ball around for 10 seconds. This is the modern NBA. Pass the ball. Move it. It reminded me of Van Gundy's harsh remarks in the preseason that the Kings "Need to learn to play some earnest team defense, and learn to pass the ball willingly to find the open man."

An ugly game. We can blame it on the Kings brutal running style two nights in a row. A lot of shots were short, indicating fatigue.
The Lakers ripped us up inside. The Kings defense without Koufos is kind of like a tootsie roll pop, hard on the outside with a chewy soft center.

I was yelling at the screen last night which is unusual. I am really tired of watching Kings players especially those named Mason, Shumpert and Fox dribble the ball around for 10 seconds. This is the modern NBA. Pass the ball. Move it. It reminded me of Van Gundy's harsh remarks in the preseason that the Kings "Need to learn to play some earnest team defense, and learn to pass the ball willingly to find the open man."
What’s the deal with coach and Yogi? I would really like to see him get some of franks minutes. I guess he’s more of a gunner, but feels like that helps keep the pace high when fox is out of the game. Otherwise, it feels like we always get the frank half court reset with him dribbling until about 8 seconds on the clock.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
c

I'm perplexed. Just this one day, the 100th anniversary of why we have Remembrance Day or Veterans Day, and a few nice acknowledgements are moved to the lounge where no one goes.
Great message, million dollar sport figures >value then the sacrifice made by youth during times of war.
I'm perplexed that you're perplexed. The #Lounge exists for discussions like that. "I don't wanna go to the Lounge" is not a good enough reason for a discussion to not be moved there.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan

There was barely any player movement to get guards open, part of that is Willies terrible screens that do not create any separation for shooters to come off of.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
[Modding]

Let em go tho
Win or lose. Already hating the Doncic fand. Go follow the Mavs.
Then go follow the Mavs management.

The whole Kings team laid an egg last night.
If you believe that someone is breaking board rules, please report their posts. But all this "Get outta here, if you're not going to root for the Kings the right way" stuff really needs to stop.

gunks

Hall of Famer
You know, I really wanted Luka. The fact that he's out there playing like a ROY is no surprise. I also think he and Fox could coexist. Lebron and Kyrie worked (well, until Irving dipped), CP3 and Harden worked. It never hurts to have more passing and ball handling. Luka in that Bjelica role would have been awesome for us.

But I get why Vlade rolled the dice with Bagley. Fox and Luka would each have had to sacrifice their games a bit, but if Bagley reaches his potential, the two man game between he and Fox is going to absolutely wreck opponents.

Bagley has a great work ethic and all of a sudden it would seem our coaching staff can develop players. I think he's going to be a beast as soon as next season, but this rookie year is gonna have its rough patches.

No reason to panic and call for Vlade's head just yet. This team has turned the corner.

I'm perplexed that you're perplexed. The #Lounge exists for discussions like that. "I don't wanna go to the Lounge" is not a good enough reason for a discussion to not be moved there.
I should know better, the common poster can't win on these boards. I recon we should just scrap the pre game national anthem as well because it really has little significance to the game of basketball.