[Game] Kings vs. Clippers - 4/2/2024 - 7:00PM PST/10:00PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
no being has unlimited energy but what you put in for the fuel matters a lot. I'd like to see Keegan take on Domas' nutritional plan for the future. Look how consistent and durable he's been all season and he credits it to his nutrition.
I'm curious what that nutritional plan is. Have you seen it discussed anywhere?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I have not. If I'm guessing, one food group I can see being eliminated are white carbs such as potatoes, pasta, white bread & white rice but that's just speculation on my part.

Sabonis needs to pull that 14-18ft shot.

That's really the only thing I can say negative about this game.

Murray needs to continue to be aggressive, as that is the only path forward for us to be a contender. Monk or no Monk.
I'm afraid, that stays his Achilles heel. He never seems to be comfortable taking wide-open midranges, unless there are no other options.
Perhaps, we asking too much from him, who initiates our offense and the league leading double-double / triple-double machine.

The Kings center revealed to The Athletic's Sam Amick that he completely adjusted his diet this past summer after undergoing a test that displayed the different kinds of foods he's sensitive to.
The result? Having to cut off several foods that he enjoyed, which wound up being a difficult challenge for the Italian food-loving big man.
"I learned that everything I love I couldn’t eat (laughs). So it definitely was hard," Sabonis told Amick. "It was hard. I get to do my test again after six months, and usually they say that everything you eat, a lot your body gets adapted to it, so hopefully the things I love that I’ve cut out, when I redo this test, some things might pop back up that I’m allowed to eat again.
The strict diet made Sabonis change his lifestyle, and he somewhat was surprised by the result.
"No carbs, like wheat," Sabonis said. "I had to go gluten-free. I can’t do gluten-free pasta, and I love Italian food. There’s a lot of carbs in my diet, so I had to basically cut most of them out in terms of pasta, bread. I love croissants, pastries, all that stuff. Those would be my cheat meals. So I have to stay away from that.
"But I actually didn’t lose weight. I actually gained weight, which is the craziest thing. I just have like no body fat now. … The weight is still there — 248 to 250 (pounds). That’s where I stay at during the season. But the body fat is completely down. It wasn’t high before, but now it’s like nothing."
As difficult as the big adjustments have been for Sabonis, it seems to be paying off for the 6-foot-10 Lithuanian big man.

Status
Not open for further replies.