[Game] Kings vs. Celtics, Sunday Nov. 17th, 12:30 PM PT/3:30 PM ET

Joseph will hopefully be good for a few buckets as he settles into the starting line up but it’s no coincidence that Kemba had a below average game tonight and Lillard had an average game(for him, especially against us) the other night. Joseph is used to playing the backup guards and is really all in defensively and having a major impact despite virtually no offensive output. I hope Fox is taking notes.

Joseph will hopefully be good for a few buckets as he settles into the starting line up but it’s no coincidence that Kemba had a below average game tonight and Lillard had an average game(for him, especially against us) the other night. Joseph is used to playing the backup guards and is really all in defensively and having a major impact despite virtually no offensive output. I hope Fox is taking notes.
Fox needs to increase his energy and activity level on defense. Needs to mentally take more pride in it. We shall see.

we also have more weapons to utilize this year and Fox won’t have to overexert himself on the offensive end.

I think that’s the key here. Fox giving effort on defense isn’t something that concerns me. I truly think he just didn’t have the energy for that, along with having to play at breakneck speed

Without Fox, the lineups that Luke put out there seem to flow better. Ball movement and passing are just exceptional. The two QBs offense with Bogi and Joseph seems to flow better. When Fox come back, it'll be reduced to just 1 QB (one playmaker), so i don't know. Also, team defense is also better with Holmes in the lineup.

Bogdan sure as hell picked a great time to return to his rookie season form. I couldn’t be happier

That’s what’s gonna make us scary for the rest of this league, night in and night out
It was all mental with him - I could see it clear as day. Bogi responds when the pressure is on. You may not like it, but some guys don't react well to bench roles not because they are bad teammates, but because they are wired to be clutch guys - it's just what fuels them - and at this level, you can't really control what fuel you use to play at a high level, you use what you can. It's not at all a knock. But I kind of had a feeling he was going to step up in Fox's absence. I thinks it's exactly what he needed to get his confidence back after taking a hit post game-winner last year. This is who he's been his whole career at every level. We're just going to have to find a way for him to contribute this way. In truth, if Fox is going to be the leader he wants to be, he's got to understand this about Bogi and make room for him. I think he will.

I said early on after all the game 1 doomsayers to give it 10 games to really evaluate the team. I went against my own advice and had it after the 3rd game debacle against the Jazz and thought Walton had no clue, team had no identity, there was no system, etc etc.

I can’t believe the turnaround I have seen in a few weeks. Offense has intent and purpose, and the defense is tough and cohesive.

Credit to Walton, his staff and Divac for carrying out their vision in spite of us myopic fans calling for his head after 1 week. Who would have thought we would beat 3 playoff teams and hang til the very end with 2 championship caliber teams after what we saw in the first 5 games? It’s still early but the way I see this team playing makes me believe we can sustain this (through great fundamental basketball)

Without Fox, the lineups that Luke put out there seem to flow better. Ball movement and passing are just exceptional. The two QBs offense with Bogi and Joseph seems to flow better. When Fox come back, it'll be reduced to just 1 QB (one playmaker), so i don't know. Also, team defense is also better with Holmes in the lineup.
The defense has been incredible the past 3 games.
It will be interesting when both Fox and Bagley return.

I imagine Walton will have to roll out some 3 guard lineups on occasions. Defenses will have to worry about Fox driving to the hoop or Hield/ Bogi hitting a 3. Of course, it won’t work all the time. But, that’s a potent 3 players on the floor. The Kings D could suffer a little. But, they will certainly have more scoring compared to when Cojo is on the floor.

Holmes is a little more concerning. Bagley will certainly eat into Holmes minutes.
Walton might have to go with Holmes D in close games and down the stretch.
He’s more physical and has a bigger body.
At least until Bagley can prove he can close out games on both ends.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
just got done watching the replay of this game. that Marcus Smart shot looked like it was dropping for sure, that ball was hanging on that rim for an eternity. what a gutsy win for the guys.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Why? She’s almost always wearing heels.
Because, outside of the context of the WNBA, you don't see a lot of 6-foot-plus tall women, that's why. And seeing adult women standing at the same height or taller than adult males is equally uncommon, especially in the NBA, where everybody is taller than the morphological statistical average. It's visually discordant, in a way which brings me great amusement.

When Isaiah Thomas was on the Kings, and she used to tower over him in interviews, it made me laugh, every single time.

We need to figure out how to utilize Fox better with this team because we look better without him. Bogdonovic especially looks better. Maybe Fox needs a reduced role and not be the one and only go to guy. I dont know.
For whatever reason, Fox tends to not look for Bogi. Joseph doesn’t have that same issue and we are seeing what Bogi can do.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We need to figure out how to utilize Fox better with this team because we look better without him. Bogdonovic especially looks better. Maybe Fox needs a reduced role and not be the one and only go to guy. I dont know.
If you buy into the belief that Luke Walton is the coach we need, then you have to buy into his ability to properly utilize all his players. Fox is not an ignorant young man. You don't think he's watching every game and figuring out how he'll fit in when he gets back?

These comments happen every single time a good player gets injured and the team is able to put it together without him. I personally think it does the player, the rest of the team and the coaches a big disfavor.