[Game] Kings vs. Celtics, Sunday Nov. 17th, 12:30 PM PT/3:30 PM ET

Refs changes the momentum with their foul calls on the Kings early. Allowed Boston to get back in it. From that point on it was a slug fest. Great team win by the Kings overcoming the refs dictating the flow and not the players.

That one should have been a blowout. Shane on the NBA if they dont go over this game film eith that trio of refs and clean that up. That was garbage.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings were one short in the rebound column to the Celtics; they lost in points in the paint by 40-28. Ain't going to happen when Bagley comes back. It's going to be interesting how long it takes for Bagley to get integrated into this team.

This might not be a popular opinion, but I'm glad the Kings are not running or at least not forcing the running. They are spending a lot of energy on defense lately and I don't know if its sustainable especially if they try to run as well. Last year they kind of run themselves into the ground. I would save all that for the defense, run opportunistically as opposed to as a matter of plan, and keep developing the half court offense. So by the time the playoffs are here they are ready to play playoff basketball: playing very active physical defense and executing in the half court. :).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This might not be a popular opinion, but I'm glad the Kings are not running or at least not forcing the running. They are spending a lot of energy on defense lately and I don't know if its sustainable especially if they try to run as well. Last year they kind of run themselves into the ground. I would save all that for the defense, run opportunistically as opposed to as a matter of plan, and keep developing the half court offense. So by the time the playoffs are here they are ready to play playoff basketball: playing very active physical defense and executing in the half court. :).
It’s a good thing. You have to play real basketball. We all saw what happened when the league adjusted to the Kings of last season.

Doesn’t mean DONT run, but don’t make it the only thing you’re capable of.

Joseph is frustrating to watch on offense but his defense on Walker was great. The key is to use him with Bogi and Buddy so he doesn't have to do any playmaking.
he has the handles he just needs some awareness. while executing lets say a pick and roll, he manages to get into that fleeting moment where a pass at that time would have created a good shot but he somehow is not aware and then performs the pass like a second later where the opportunity is gone. he handles pretty well but does not have that feel for the "future", for what is about to happen. if that makes any sense.

he has the handles he just needs some awareness. while executing lets say a pick and roll, he manages to get into that fleeting moment where a pass at that time would have created a good shot but he somehow is not aware and then performs the pass like a second later where the opportunity is gone. he handles pretty well but does not have that feel for the "future", for what is about to happen. if that makes any sense.
he played great D, but he just runs around on offense. Defenders do not respect his shot at all.

I just wish he would at least develop some sort of offensive game, whether it be a 3pt shot, or simply being able to finish at the rim

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm with you. I cringed during TDOS, when Luke was talking about going even faster this year. I dunno if he was just playing lip service to Vivek or if he's just adjusted to Fox and Bagley being out (more likely), but I love that he's turned this squad into the grindhouse 2.0 we are expecting to get with Joerger.

I absolutely don't miss the gimmicky fast pace at all, that killed us last year, and nobody is gonna be able to expend energy on defense. Vivek better be cool with Souza this year, because we saw what all that jazz got us!

I do expect the defense leading to offense once our speedsters are back though! That was kinda GS's thing. And shooting, which we got.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
He dribbles too much without doing anything. Needs to move the ball.