[Game] Kings vs Cavaliers, 1/10/2022 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Makes me wonder what would Ty do given the same situation...
His best moves are his sidestep three and his floater. The floater would have been tough to convert over Cleveland's massive frontline and the three is still a lower percentage look than Fox's pull-up midrange jumper. The Kings haven't been in these types of situations often enough since they keep getting blown out so it's tempting to overreact to one miss but considering the personnel on our roster, the only thing better than that shot as far as I'm concerned purely on chances of success would have been a dunk or free throws. If it comes down to a 50/50 jumper every night for the chance at a win against a good team we've done well. Better teams should expect to win games comfortably against poor teams at least but we haven't even proven that we're in that category yet.

Somebody else mentioned it, but the energy difference from this Kings squad when Haliburton is THE PG is significant. This needs to be ‘Rese’s team moving forward.
I really hate to make it sound like it was night and day, but time after time when it was left to Tyrese Haliburton to lead, his game just elevates straight away. Suddenly, he'd play like a seasoned PG vet who let the opposing defense tell him what he should do.

Makes me wonder what would Ty do given the same situation...
Probably what he did for the game down the stretch, pass when Allen and Mobley show on him. Once Tyrese gets a little weight and size he'll be able to push into the same areas as Fox hopefully. For now, players can hold him up and that forces the team to mostly run pick and roll for him and when players hard show or double he backs off.

Probably what he did for the game down the stretch, pass when Allen and Mobley show on him. Once Tyrese gets a little weight and size he'll be able to push into the same areas as Fox hopefully. For now, players can hold him up and that forces the team to mostly run pick and roll for him and when players hard show or double he backs off.
Yup!

I think the top 4 all look pretty good with all-star upside. 5 is where things get hairy where there hasn't really been a stand-out guy yet for that slot. But any of Smith, Chet, Paolo, Ivey would be franchise-corner stone type talents.
Not a huge Chet fan. Dude is too thin. Ivy is great but can you really draft another point guard?

Ivey pretty clearly can slot at either guard position being 6'4 with a 6'10 wingspan and a sweet shooting stroke. And even still, I'm going to say this until I'm blue in the face; until we have a blue chip top 10-15 player, I don't care about fit. Take BPA
Usually I would agree with you but I have found being a complete absolutist in life is rarely successful.

I would have a couple caveats to your comment:
1) true if it is a wing as you can always trade big for small. Not so true the other way.
2) true if the player is clearly better than at least one of your backcourt players.

I could be convinced Ivy fits this bill on 2 but you better already have a trade in the works for at least two of your guards.

Usually I would agree with you but I have found being a complete absolutist in life is rarely successful.

I would have a couple caveats to your comment:
1) true if it is a wing as you can always trade big for small. Not so true the other way.
2) true if the player is clearly better than at least one of your backcourt players.

I could be convinced Ivy fits this bill on 2 but you better already have a trade in the works for at least two of your guards.
I expect the Vlade core gets shopped pretty heavily by the deadline and this off-season and would be completely stunned if Buddy plays a game for the Kings next year. But again, that's not the point.

The Kings don't have a player we can realistically project to be a top 15 guy. Fox is somewhere in the top 50 and I think Hali is quickly approaching that range as well. While I have confidence in Davion, he doesn't have that top 15 upside either and probably caps somewhere as an impact starter in the top 75 range. If you think Ivey is that guy, you take him. Simple as that. Don't pass on Joel Embiid because he doesn't "fit" with Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel.

I expect the Vlade core gets shopped pretty heavily by the deadline and this off-season and would be completely stunned if Buddy plays a game for the Kings next year. But again, that's not the point.

The Kings don't have a player we can realistically project to be a top 15 guy. Fox is somewhere in the top 50 and I think Hali is quickly approaching that range as well. While I have confidence in Davion, he doesn't have that top 15 upside either and probably caps somewhere as an impact starter in the top 75 range. If you think Ivey is that guy, you take him. Simple as that. Don't pass on Joel Embiid because he doesn't "fit" with Jahlil Okafor and Nerlens Noel.
Yeah, I expect at least one of Fox, Hield, Barnes, Holmes, Haliburton, Mitchell, and/or 1st round pick(s) to be shopped by the deadline. I'd be pretty shocked if that doesn't happen.

Yep I get your point and don’t fully disagree.

But I think Portland, Washington and to some extent Dallas has shown if your best players are all guards it’s very hard to get what you need up front to compete. You just can’t trade good guards for good forwards.

I think the only counter to those examples in recent history is a shooter like Curry. It’s why you see teams like Chicago, OKC and Toronto reach for forwards and draft guards latter.

Yeah I knew that as the norm but I read it as they let upper bowl move to lower bowl I know that happened at one time once although i really don’t remember the circumstances it’s the least they could of done hell it was a ghost town for real
I know they are checking tickets when people move into seats at the lower bowl. So they aren't letting people move without them. I doubt they moved more than a handful.

Status
Not open for further replies.